Table of Contents
- About Michigan State University
- Michigan State University’s rankings
- Why choose Michigan State University?
- Key facts about Michigan State University
- Michigan State University deadlines
- Michigan State University’s acceptance rate and requirements
- Undergraduate admissions process
- Graduate admission process
- MBA requirements
- Student visa
- Key takeaways
About Michigan State University
Michigan State University, founded in 1855, is a public university in East Lancing. MSU became the first premier land-grant university in the United States in 1862, serving as the prototype for the entire land-grant system established when President Abraham Lincoln signed the Morrill Act in 1862. Initially known as the Agricultural College of the State of Michigan, MSU changed several names before being renamed Michigan State University in 1964. (MSU). For more than 165 years, MSU has been pushing the boundaries of excellence in research and education. Keep reading to learn more about Michigan State University’s acceptance rate and more!
Michigan State University’s rankings
The following rankings are by QS World University Rankings-
|QS World Rankings||2023||2022||2021||2020|
Why choose Michigan State University?
Here’s how Michigan State University will benefit you-
- 94% of recent Michigan State University graduates land jobs or go on to advanced degrees right out of college.
- The university has 900+ student clubs.
- You can explore 400+ areas of study at the university.
- Michigan has 100+ research institutes and centers.
- They have 501K alumni worldwide.
- Michigan has a 16:1 student-faculty ratio.
- It ranks 32 among the top public U.S. universities.
Key facts about Michigan State University
Here are a few facts about MSU
- It is among the top 40 public universities.
- The university has 50,023 students.
- They have 5,200 acres of land.
- Michigan has 400+ academic programs.
- The university has 300+ education abroad programs.
- There are 38 MSU programs ranked in the top 25 nationally.
Michigan State University deadlines
The university’s undergraduate deadlines are listed below. Michigan State University will consider applicants for regular and rolling admissions for any remaining scholarships and financial aid.
|Dates||Early action||Regular admission||Rolling|
|Application deadline||November 1||February 1||After February 1|
|Admission decision date||January 15||March 31||After February 1|
|Deposit date||May 1||May 1||May 1|
Michigan State University’s acceptance rate and requirements
Admission to Michigan State University is competitive, with an acceptance rate of 71%. Half of Michigan State’s admitted students have an SAT score between 1100 and 1320 or an ACT score between 23 and 29. However, one-quarter of admitted applicants received scores higher than these ranges, while the other quarter received lower scores. The application deadline at Michigan State University is rolling, and the application fee is $75.
The GPA is an essential academic factor for admissions officials at Michigan State University. Admissions officials at Michigan State University consider an applicant’s high school class rank and letters of recommendation, if available.
Undergraduate admissions process
- Application portal- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Application fee- 75 USD
English proficiency test scores-
- TOEFL iBT- 79
- IELTS– 6.5
- PTE- 53
- Duolingo- 110
Standardized test results-
- SAT score- 1110-1310
- ACT score- 23-29
Other important documents-
- Academic transcripts
- GPA score of 3.5/4 (90%)
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation
Graduate admission process
- Application portal- MSU Registration Portal
- Application fee- 75 USD
GRE or GMAT scores-
- GMAT scores- 674+ (recommended)
- GRE scores
- Verbal- 150
- Quantitative- 160
- Analytical writing- 3
English language proficiency-
- TOEFL iBT- 80
- IELTS- 6.5
- PTE- 48
- Duolingo- 95-105
Other important documents-
- Academic transcripts
- GPA score of minimum 3.0/4 (recommended 3.5/4 or higher)
MSU’s business school, the Broad College of Business, offers MBA programs. There are 65 students in the class of 2023, including 23 international students. The class represents seven countries worldwide- the United States, India, China, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan, and Nigeria. The application fee is 85 USD.
- Academic records
- GPA of 3.4/4 (89%) (Class of 2023 average)
- GMAT- 650 (Class of 2023 average)
- Work experience of 5 years (class of 2023 average- 4.9 years)
- English proficiency test scores
- Virtual interview (if selected)
The following are the student visa applications requirements-
- Form I-20 or Form DS-2019(for J-1)
- Proof of financial support
- SEVIS fee receipt
- Visa application fee
- Visa application form
The university will issue visa documents once they verify the applicant’s financial documents.
Michigan State University admission is a competitive yet simple process. The university evaluates each application based on high school preparation, ACT or SAT scores, and personal information. They should send the documents to MSU’s admissions office in an officially sealed envelope or online via electronic delivery services such as parchment/doc file/Naviance and E-script safe. After completing the entire admissions process, candidates can sit back and relax while the university handles the rest. For further updates, candidates should simply log in to their online account using their applicant ID.
- Michigan State University is one of the world’s top research universities. The university has nationally ranked and recognized academic undergraduate research, service-learning programs, and residential colleges. They are a public university leader in education abroad.
- The university is a diverse and inclusive academic community that enrolls over 50,000 students from all 50 states and over 130 countries and employs over 2,000 tenure-track faculty members.
- Michigan State University’s acceptance rate is 71%.
- You need five years of work experience for an MBA program.
- A student visa is a must when applying for admission at Michigan State University.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Michigan University’s acceptance rate. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Guide to Oxford University Computer Science acceptance rate
Q1. Does Michigan State accept dual enrollment?
Answer- Students can apply to Michigan State University for dual programs. MSU high school students can also take advantage of dual enrollment. Before applying, applicants must have completed at least one semester of high school.
Q2. Can international students do part-time work in the United States?
Answer- Yes, international students can work part-time while studying. Part-time work is an excellent way to assist yourself in paying off your tuition. Living in the United States is not easily affordable. You determine the cost of living in the United States by the city’s tier.
Q3. What is the average tuition fee for international students at Michigan State University?
Answer- The tuition fee is an important consideration when planning to study abroad. Because Michigan State University is a public university, tuition fees for international and domestic students differ. An international first-year student at Michigan State University pays an average tuition fee of $43,522 per year for an undergraduate program. Fees for one academic year are divided into two semesters.