Table of Contents
- About Ohio State University
- Four compelling reasons to attend Ohio State University
- 1. Global recognition and reach
- 2. Outstanding programs
- 3. Well-connected academic community
- 4. Innovative facilities
- Research at Ohio State University
- Academics at OSU
- Ohio State University postgraduate courses
- Key takeaways
About Ohio State University
Ohio State University (OSU) has over 200 undergraduate majors and a Personalized Study Program where students can design their own nontraditional education. The university also offers a number of graduate programs available through prestigious schools, such as the College of Education and Human Ecology, the Max M. Fisher College of Business, and the College of Medicine. Students can join over 1,000 on-campus clubs and organizations, including over 60 fraternities and sororities, or volunteer through the Pay It Forward program. The Ohio State University Buckeyes compete in the NCAA Division I Big Ten Conference, and sports are an important part of campus life. Unless they commute from Central Ohio, all freshmen must live on campus. OSU also offers study-abroad opportunities in over 75 countries. Let’s further discuss the reasons for studying at OSU and Ohio State University postgraduate courses.
Four compelling reasons to attend Ohio State University
Since its inception in 1870, The Ohio State University has been a showcase for academic achievement and a testing ground for new ideas. The OSU football team, Buckeyes, has been making a name for themselves for 150 years. Here are some of the ways it can assist you in creating yours.
1. Global recognition and reach
The university’s main campus is one of the largest and most comprehensive in the United States. According to U.S. News & World Report, Ohio State is 17th among the nation’s best public universities and first in Ohio. According to Reuters, it is one of the world’s most innovative universities and the only university in the country with four colleges (Medicine, Nursing, Optometry, and Veterinary Medicine) that won the Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award (INSIGHT into Diversity).
Research and development powerhouse
Ohio State works hard to keep, attract, and reward the world’s best researchers and scholars. Its nearly $1.2 billion research budget translates into ample funding for students and faculty. The university, home to hundreds of academic centers and institutes, has a world-class status in research for global climate change, materials research, electromagnetics, cancer research, infectious diseases, bioproducts, and imaging.
Network of alumni
With over 500,000 Ohio State alumni living worldwide, you’ll find a network of students wherever you go.
2. Outstanding programs
Small and selective graduate programs
Students can virtually search any research question or creative activity through a diverse range of top graduate programs, with ten ranking among the top courses in the country (U.S. News & World Report).
Workable professional programs
A premier public law school and one of the nation’s largest and most diverse health sciences centers support OSU’s undergraduate and post-baccalaureate professional programs. These programs have a high rate of success, as well as a high rate of job placement.
Online programs with high rankings
Ohio State Online provides a flexible academic environment where you can explore and prepare for career success while learning from the world-renowned faculty at Ohio State.
3. Well-connected academic community
The best teachers
The faculty at Ohio State includes Pulitzer Prize winners, Nobel Laureates, Guggenheim Fellows, Fulbright Scholars, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellows.
The most gifted students
Students at Ohio State are highly engaged, globally diverse, and service-minded. The Ohio State University courses has over 14,000 graduate and professional students from over 90 countries.
A dedication to diversity and inclusion
OSU values the rich diversity of its students, faculty, and staff as both a distinguishing feature and an essential source of institutional strength. Ohio State university builds a welcoming and inclusive campus community through educational courses.
4. Innovative facilities
Investing in future technologies
Ohio State invests in facilities and resources that support research, innovation, and discovery on campus.
University Libraries is one of North America’s largest library systems, with a diverse range of special humanities and sciences libraries. It takes pride in its expert staff and easily accessible resources.
Research at Ohio State University
Ohio State’s research and creative inquiry community generates new knowledge, addresses critical societal challenges, and propels Ohio, the nation, and the world forward. It is a leader in research impact and currently holds the 12th position nationally in research and development expenditures.
Academics at OSU
The Ohio State University’s colleges include the College of Social Work, the College of Veterinary Medicine, the College of Arts and Sciences, the Fisher College of Business, the College of Dentistry, the College of Education and Human Ecology, and so on.
Students at Ohio State University have access to a variety of facilities along with courses. Housing and residence, sports and recreation, libraries, a cancer hospital and research center, and many other facilities are a part of the OSU experience. These facilities not only make life easier, but they also aid in community building and networking.
Ohio State University postgraduate courses
Courses given below are in alphabetical order.
|Actuarial and Quantitative Risk Management – Master of Actuarial and Quantitative Risk Management|
|Aerospace Engineering – Master of Science|
|African American and African Studies – Master of Arts|
|Agricultural and Extension Education – Master of Education|
|Agricultural Communication, Education and Leadership – Master of Science|
|Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership, Distance Learning – Master of Science – Online|
|Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics – Master of Applied Economics|
|Anatomy – Master of Science|
|Animal Sciences – Master in Animal Sciences|
|Animal Sciences – Master of Science|
|Architecture – Master of Architecture|
|Art Education – Master of Arts|
|Art Education – Master of Arts – Online|
|Art – Master of Fine Arts|
|Arts Policy and Administration – Master of Arts|
|Athletic Training – Master of Athletic Training|
|Atmospheric Sciences – Master of Science|
- Biochemistry – Master of Science
- Bioethics – Master of Arts in Bioethics – Online
- Biomedical Engineering – Master of Science
- Biophysics – Master of Science
- Chemical Engineering – Master of Science
- City and Regional Planning – Master of City and Regional Planning
- Civil Engineering – Master of Science
- Clinical Research – Master of Clinical Research – Online
- Communication – Master of Arts
- Comparative Studies – Master of Arts
- Computer Science and Engineering – Master of Science
- Consumer Sciences – Master of Science
- Contemporary Art and Curatorial Practice – Master of Arts
- Dance – Master of Fine Arts
- Dental Hygiene – Master of Dental Hygiene – Online
- Dentistry – Master of Science
- Design – Master of Fine Arts
- Dietetics and Nutrition – Master of Dietetics and Nutrition
|Earth Sciences – Master of Science|
|East Asian Languages and Literatures – Master of Arts|
|East Asian Studies Interdisciplinary Program – Master of Arts|
|Educational Studies – Master of Arts|
|Educational Studies – Specialist in Education|
|Education: Teaching and Learning – Education Specialist|
|Education: Teaching and Learning – Master of Arts|
|Education: Teaching and Learning – Master of Education|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering – Master of Science|
|Engineering Management – Master of Engineering Management – Online|
|English – Master of Arts|
|English – Master of Arts in Medical Humanities and Social Sciences|
|English – Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing|
|Entomology – Master of Science|
|Environment and Natural Resources – Master of Environment and Natural Resources|
|Environment and Natural Resources – Master of Science|
|Environmental Science – Master of Science|
|Evolution, Ecology and Organismal Biology – Master of Science|
|Executive Master of Business Administration – Master of Business Administration|
- Food Science and Technology – Master of Science
- Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering – Master of Science
- French and Italian – Master of Arts
- Genetic Counseling – Master of Science
- Geodetic Science – Master of Science
- Geography – Master of Arts
- Germanic Languages and Literatures – Master of Arts
- Health and Rehabilitation Sciences – Master of Science (formerly Allied Medicine-MS)
- Health Services Management and Policy – Master of Health Administration
- Healthcare Innovation – Master of Healthcare Innovation – Online
- History – Master of Arts
- History of Art – Master of Arts
- Horticulture and Crop Science – Master of Science
- Human Development and Family Science – Master of Science
- Human Nutrition – Master of Science
- Human Resource Management – Master of Human Resource Management
- Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis – Master of Science
- Industrial and Systems Engineering – Master of Science
- Kinesiology – Master of Science
- Landscape Architecture – Master of Landscape Architecture
- Latin American Studies – Master of Arts
- Law – Master in the Study of Law
- Law – Master of Laws
- Learning Technologies – Master of Learning Technologies – Online
|Master of Accounting|
|Master of Business Administration|
|Master of Business Administration – Online|
|Master of Business Operational Excellence|
|Master of Global Engineering Leadership|
|Master of Global Engineering Leadership – Online|
|Master of Supply Chain Management|
|Master of Supply Chain Management – Online|
|Materials Science and Engineering – Master of Science|
|MBA for Working Professionals|
|Mechanical Engineering – Master of Science|
|Medical Science – Master of Science|
|Microbiology – Master of Science|
|Music – Master of Arts|
|Music – Master of Music|
- Near Eastern Languages and Cultures – Master of Arts
- Neuroscience – Master of Applied Neuroscience
- Nuclear Engineering – Master of Science
- Nursing – Master of Science
- Nursing – Master of Science – Online
- Respiratory Therapy – Master of Respiratory Therapy, Advanced Practice
|Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures – Master of Arts|
|Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies – Master of Arts|
|Social Work – Master of Social Work|
|Social Work – Master of Social Work – Advanced Standing Alternative Plan|
|Social Work – Master of Social Work – Advanced Standing Alternative Plan – Online|
|Social Work – Master of Social Work – Online|
|Specialized Master in Business – Business Analytics|
|Specialized Master in Business – Business Analytics – Online|
|Specialized Master in Business – Finance|
|Speech Language Pathology – Master of Arts|
|Sports Coaching – Master of Sports Coaching|
|Statistics – Master of Applied Statistics|
|Statistics – Master of Science|
|Structural Engineering – Master of Structural Engineering|
- Theatre – Master of Arts
- Theatre – Master of Fine Arts
- Translational Data Analytics – Master of Translational Data Analytics – Online
- Veterinary Medicine – Master of Science
- Vision Science – Master of Science
- Welding Engineering – Master of Science
- Welding Engineering – Master of Science – Online
- Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies – Master of Arts
- Ohio State University has over 200 undergraduate majors and a Personalized Study Program where students can design their own nontraditional educational system. It also offers a number of graduate programs available through well-renowned schools.
- The Ohio State University research and creative inquiry community creates new knowledge, addresses critical societal challenges, and propels Ohio, the nation, and the world forward.
- OSU offers courses in study fields such as nursing, veterinary medicine, law, social work, accounting, environment and natural resources, English, educational studies, management, fine arts, and so on.
If you find this blog informative? then please share your thoughts in the comments. For more information on international universities, you can contact us by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you!
Liked this blog? Read next: Boise State University Courses | Your handy guide to studying here!
Q1. What GPA do you need to get into Ohio State University?
Ans- OSU accepts students who have a GPA of 3.83.
Q2. What is the acceptance rate for OSU?
Ans- The acceptance rate for OSU is 57.2.
Q3. How much does it cost to study at Ohio State for 4 years?
Ans- An in-state student’s four-year tuition at Ohio State is $116,088.