Table of Contents
- An introduction to Bachelor of Nursing in Canada
- Why study Bachelor of Nursing in Canada?
- Program overview for Bachelors in Nursing in Canada
- Top Universities for Bachelor of Nursing in Canada
- Eligibility criteria for Bachelors in Nursing course in Canada
- Documents required to study Bachelor in Nursing course
- Admission process to apply for Bachelor in Nursing program
- Scope for Bachelor in Nursing in Canada
- Key takeaways
An introduction to Bachelor of Nursing in Canada
Nursing is a well-respected healthcare profession that focuses on health protection and promotion, as well as advocacy in the care of individuals and families. Following high school, many students in Canada pursue Bachelors in Nursing degree. Top universities in Canada, such as the University of Toronto and McGill University, offer the Bachelor of Nursing program to both domestic and international students. A career in nursing is also financially secure and stable. So, if you want to study a bachelor’s course in a Nursing college in Canada, this blog will provide you with all the necessary information.
Why study Bachelor of Nursing in Canada?
Before delving deeper into the discussion, consider the benefits of pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing in Canada-
- A Nursing degree in Canada is a pathway to becoming a Registered Nurse (RN).
- It provides students with opportunities to pursue a variety of nursing careers in a variety of settings.
- Top nursing universities in Canada offer over 100 nursing programs with various specializations and degree levels. Apart from bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, diplomas, and PhDs in nursing are also available.
- Many well-funded scholarships are available for international students at Canadian nursing universities. Every year, the University of Alberta awards over CAD 28 million in scholarships, grants, loan advising, and other benefits to undergraduate students.
Program overview for Bachelors in Nursing in Canada
In Canada, the duration of a bachelor’s program in Nursing ranges from 2 to 4 years. Regardless of the length, the curriculum is packed with all the necessary course content to mold students into professional nurses.
The following are some of the major areas that are covered in BSc Nursing in Canada-
- Nursing theory
- Nursing practice
- Professional issues
- Human anatomy
- Nursing as a profession
- General education
Nursing programs at Canada’s top universities include the following specializations:
- General Nursing
- Professional Ethics
- Therapeutic Relationships
- Biological and Physical Sciences
- Theory and Clinical Hours
- Psychiatric Nursing Theory and Interventions
Top Universities for Bachelor of Nursing in Canada
The best universities in Canada for a BSc Nursing degree include-
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
Eligibility criteria for Bachelors in Nursing course in Canada
To apply to the best nursing universities in Canada, you must be aware of the requirements for a graduate course in nursing.
Let us discuss them one by one-
High school certificate
Students must have completed high school with at least a C grade (average) in English, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry to apply for an undergraduate degree program in nursing. Physics is also a suggested subject here.
The English proficiency test is required for all international students seeking admission to Canadian universities.
Minimum test scores are as follows-
- IELTS – 7.0 – 7.5
- TOEFL – 97 – 100
- PTE – 68
- CAEL – 70
Note- The results may differ between universities. Check the official university websites for more information.
Passport and visa
All international students studying at any university in Canada must have a valid passport and a student visa. Remember to apply for your visa at least three months before your planned departure date.
Documents required to study Bachelor in Nursing course
Admission to colleges in Canada for a Bachelor in Nursing course needs the submission of a number of documents. The following are some of the most common document requirements-
- Transcripts of all educational qualifications
- CV or Resume
- LOR or Letter of Recommendation
- SOP or Statement of Purpose
- Scorecards of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/CAEL
Admission process to apply for Bachelor in Nursing program
The following is a step-by-step guide to applying to various Bachelor in Nursing programs-
- Determine the course you want to pursue and look for the best university that offers it.
- Visit the university’s official website and gather all information about eligibility and the admissions process.
- Upload scanned copies of all required documents (transcripts, CVs, IELTS/TOEFL scorecards, CAEL scorecards).
- Fill out the appropriate application form and pay the fee.
- Appear for an interview with the directors of the respective universities. This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your soft skills and mental fortitude.
- You may reserve your seat at the specific university once you receive the conditional offer letter following your interview.
- Pay your deposit by agreeing to the university’s terms and conditions. The deposit is non-refundable in this case.
Scope for Bachelor in Nursing in Canada
Nursing graduates from Canada’s top universities can get job offers from all over the world. The following are some popular jobs in Canada, along with their average salaries-
|Nursing Assistant||CAD 25 – CAD 40|
|Registered Nurse||CAD 40 – CAD 60|
|Nursing Community Worker||CAD 40 – CAD 45|
|Public Health Nurse Clinician||CAD 43 – CAD 53|
|Nursing Instructor||CAD 55 – CAD 80|
- Nursing, a highly respected healthcare profession, focuses on health protection and promotion. It also helps in the advocacy for the healthcare of individuals and families. Many freshers pursue Bachelor in Nursing degree in Canada.
- The duration of a bachelor program in Nursing in Canada can range from 2 to 4 years. The curriculum for the nursing courses is packed with all the necessary course content to train students to become professional nurses.
- Students must have a high school certificate, fulfill all the language requirements, get a passport and visa, and have minimum test scores to be eligible for a Bachelor in Nursing course in Canada.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on the Bachelor of Nursing in Canada. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: 5 best cities in Canada for students and why they’re famous
Q1. How much does a Bachelor of Nursing cost in Canada?
Ans- For a Bachelor in Nursing course in Canada, the tuition fee ranges from 8,242.68 to 52,735.55 CAD (5.01 to 32.06 lakhs INR).
Q2. What GPA do you need for nursing in Canada?
Ans- For a bachelor’s degree from a reputed educational institution in Canada, a minimum admission GPA (AGPA) of 3.0 or equivalent is required.
Q3. Do nurses get permanent resident permits easily in Canada?
Ans- In comparison to other immigration routes, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is much simpler. Some PNP draws are specifically for nurses, while others only require qualified work experience. Sometimes PNPs hold draws for immigration applications that are only open to nurses.