Table of Contents
- 10 positive quotes by Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- “A dream is not which you see while sleeping. It is something that doesn’t let you sleep.”
- “You have to dream before your dreams come true.”
- “You should not give up, and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.”
- “Don’t take a rest after your first victory because if you fail in the second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
- “Failure will never overtake me if my definition of success is strong enough.”
- “The best brains of the nation are found on the last benches of the classroom.”
- “Excellence happens not by accident. It is a process.”
- “Don’t read success stories. You will only get messages. Read failure stories. You will get some ideas to succeed.”
- “Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit.”
- “Dreams transform into thoughts, and thoughts result in actions.”
- Key takeaways
Known as the ‘missile man’ of India, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam was a great inspiration for the country’s youth. He was born into a poor family that couldn’t afford a higher education. He sold newspapers to complete his high school studies. Because of his hard work and progress, he acquired a scholarship and completed his graduation in physics. He started working as a scientist at Aeronautical Development Establishment by the Defense Research and Development Services (DRDS). Then he worked with ISRO and launched India’s first satellite launch vehicle. Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam achieved this success only through hard work and perseverance. His autobiography ‘Wings of Fire’ is one of the motivational books that’s still inspiring the young generation. Read on to know the positive thinking quotes by this renowned scholar.
10 positive quotes by Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam has faced many difficulties in achieving success. His life itself is an inspiration to all of us. Every word in his speech and book, and also his actions, spoke loudly about the journey one has to take to succeed.
Dr. Kalam always supported dreamers. He encouraged the country’s youth to dream big and strive to achieve those dreams. In his speeches in universities and schools, he tried to tell them not to be afraid of failure. He always spread positivity.
So, here are the top 10 positivity quotes by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
“A dream is not which you see while sleeping. It is something that doesn’t let you sleep.”
Dreams make us restless when they don’t come true. Our efforts to make them a reality define our success story. Having an ambition that keeps you working is the first step towards success.
“You have to dream before your dreams come true.”
Having a dream is necessary for being successful. This dream gives your life meaning. It sets your life journey towards a destination, but only your efforts can help you reach there and make that dream a reality.
“You should not give up, and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.”
There will be problems in the path towards your dream. Some of them will bring you a failure. We shouldn’t let them hold us back. It is up to us to pick ourselves from our failures and continue our journey.
“Don’t take a rest after your first victory because if you fail in the second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
This positive thinking quote talks about the relentless hard work we need to keep our success. You will have to work harder to maintain it. People will try to discount your hard work by calling it luck if you fail to keep your success.
“Failure will never overtake me if my definition of success is strong enough.”
The definition of success can be different for everyone. Only hard work can help you achieve it. There will be a failure in this journey. We need to have perseverance. We must have complete awareness about our goal to march towards it.
“The best brains of the nation are found on the last benches of the classroom.”
Your school grades will help you get a good degree, but your persistence and hard work can get you success regardless of good grades. The backbenchers are labeled as failures because of their poor grades. Your school grades can’t decide your worth. They can only direct you. You have to decide your worth and work hard to achieve success.
“Excellence happens not by accident. It is a process.”
Nobody is born excellent. Everyone needs to practice it. To be excellent at something, you need to exercise it consistently. It is a process, and it takes time and great effort.
“Don’t read success stories. You will only get messages. Read failure stories. You will get some ideas to succeed.”
Success stories will inspire you to keep dreaming and believing in yourself. Whereas failure stories will show you how to implement it. Your failure story is also one of the lessons. Learn from it and keep working towards your dream.
“Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit.”
You will encounter failure at some point in your journey. They show us the mirror where we can see our strengths and weaknesses. Winners study them and try to use them in accomplishing their dream. The ones who keep crying over failure often quit. Instead of being stuck in failures, move ahead and overcome the weaknesses that caused you to fail.
“Dreams transform into thoughts, and thoughts result in actions.”
This positive thinking quote talks about manifestation. The dreams that keep you awake and direct your thoughts into actions. These consistent actions help you make that dream come true. To achieve success, you must manifest it into your thoughts and actions.
- Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam always believed that the young generation of India has the potential to make it one of the most successful countries in the world. He said so in his speeches and books.
- His Technology Vision-2020 was aimed at making India a developed country by advancing in technology, healthcare, and agriculture.
- Dr. Kalam loved communicating with students. That’s why he visited schools across the country and listened to the student’s ideas for making India a developed country.
We hope you find this article inspiring. Write to us your comments. Click here to read more such articles.
Liked this blog? Read next: Deep Motivational Quotes to Keep You Inspired in Life!
Q1. What did Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam invent?
Answer: Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam invented ballistic missiles and launch vehicle technology.
Q2. Which highest civilian award did Dr. Kalam get?
Answer: Dr. Kalam was honored with the highest civilian award of India, Bharat Ratna, in 1997.
Q3. What are Dr. Kalam’s three visions for India?
Answer: Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam had three visions for India which are freedom, development, and standing up for ourselves.