Table of Contents
- Commitment to creating a greater world
- Why study at George Washington University?
- George Washington University ranking
- Programs at George Washington University
- Services at the university
- Campus life
- Living at George Washington University
- Key takeaways
Commitment to creating a greater world
George Washington University, founded in 1821, is a private research university. Previously known as Columbia University, the university’s name changed to its current name, George Washington University, in 1904. In addition, the university is well-known for hosting major events such as Presidential debates, World Bank meetings, and managing conferences for the International Monetary Fund’s Annual Meetings. Mount Venom Campus, Foggy Bottom Campus, and the Virginia Science and Technology Campus are the university’s three campuses.
Why study at George Washington University?
Here’s why you should pursue education at the university-
- A total of 12,000 undergrads and more than 14,800 graduate students from all 50 states are now enrolled across all campuses, making the college diverse.
- In the Best Colleges 2022 list, George Washington University ranks as the 63rd best national university.
- Moreover, two-thirds of students get work in private or for-profit businesses, with 10% in government and 23% in non-profit organizations.
- George Washington University’s fee structure is around $50,000 to $60,000.
- The university’s acceptance rate is only 41%.
George Washington University ranking
Here is the ranking for the university-
- QS World University Rankings, 2022- 355
- Graduate Employability Ranking by QS World University Rankings, 2022- 201
- National Universities by US News and World Report, 2022- 63
- Best Value Schools by US News and World Report, 202- 113
Programs at George Washington University
- Through its 10 colleges, 100 research centers, and extensive library system, George Washington University promotes the advancement of human knowledge.
- George Washington University offers programs through its 14 schools and colleges.
- The university provides over 75 undergraduate majors and 250 master’s, doctoral, and online certificate programs to students worldwide.
- GWU provides over 100 online programs to students from all over the world.
- George Washington University provides a wide range of programs in business, liberal arts, applied sciences, fine arts, medicine and health science, and other fields.
Some of the programs are as follows-
- M.Eng Computer Engineering
- M.Sc Computer Science
- M.Sc Data Science
- M.Sc Data Analytics
Students can apply directly through the university’s website application portal by filling out the application form and paying the USD 250 application fee.
You must submit the below documents-
- Transcripts from the official transcript service.
- A 29 on the ACT or a 650 on the SAT is necessary.
- A student’s high school rank should be at least 60%.
- International students must have a visa and a passport.
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of financial support.
- Students must turn in essays or portfolios as part of the application process.
- SOP for the US.
- A full report from your school is necessary.
- Proof of English competence through exams such as Duolingo, IELTS, or the TOEFL
Services at the university
The institution offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and study-abroad programs in various academic fields. George Washington University is the most extensive college or university in the world. There are three college libraries nearby, also a metro station, museums, and parks. The community has sports facilities, such as a gym, tennis courts, American football and softball fields, and an outdoor pool. It offers six different sports and seven different academic programs.
The George Washington University campus has three sections.
The campus at Foggy Bottom
- Foggy Bottom has a variety of academic and residential facilities.
- There are lecture halls, laboratories, and small group meeting rooms on campus.
- It has three campus libraries, a metro, museums, and parks for relaxation all within walking distance.
Mount Vernon Campus
- The Mount Vernon Campus also has the Eckles library, classrooms, a black box theatre, and laboratory spaces.
- It has open green spaces and sports facilities such as a gym, tennis courts, American football and softball fields, and an outdoor pool.
- It is home to six different sports and seven academic programs.
The Virginia Science and Technology campus
- The Virginia Science & Technology Campus encompasses a large area.
- It provides 20 degree and certificate programs and 17 cutting-edge research laboratories, centers, and institutes.
Living at GW provides a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in a wide range of new cultural experiences while learning and interning at world-class institutions. Residence hall life is an essential part of your college experience, and you will meet some of your lifelong friends as your neighbors and roommates.
During your time at GW, you will almost certainly meet other students who share your interests. Whether it’s leadership, politics, arts and culture, athletics, or service that inspires you, GW students participate in over 450 campus clubs and student organizations. Pursuing your passions and sharing your diversity is critical to the development of the community.
Living at George Washington University
You’ll live in one of 26 residence halls on the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses during your first three years at the university. Through GW’s housing application process, you can select your room based on cost, hall amenities, location, and even roommates. Multi-person units, singles, studios, suites, and some apartment-style rooms with kitchens are available in each hall.
You can live in groups of like-minded students who share a passion for sports, literature, film, and other activities through our affinity housing. Critical thinking integrates into residential life through living-learning communities, such as the Women’s Leadership Program and the Politics and Values Community.
- The university provides undergraduate, postgraduate, and study abroad programs in a variety of fields. GW University is the largest higher education institution in the country.
- Mount Venom Campus, Foggy Bottom Campus, and the Virginia Science and Technology Campus are the university’s three campuses. Accommodation is available on the Mount Venom and Foggy Bottom campuses.
- ACT and SAT scores are a must to apply at George Washington University.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on George Washington University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Loughborough University | Courses, and rankings
Q1. Does George Washington University offer scholarships and fellowship opportunities to international students?
Answer- International applicants have the choice of scholarships based on their merit and admission type.
Q2. How much is the application fee for George Washington University’s programs?
Answer- Undergraduate programs have an application fee of $50, while graduate programs have an application fee of $80, with some schools charging a different amount.
Q3. Can you apply for dual degrees at George Washington University?
Answer- Yes, George Washington University offers dual or joint degrees in a variety of disciplines to candidates.