Table of Contents
Inspired by humanity, powered by technology
Stevens Institute of Technology, also known as SIT, was founded in 1870. Stevens is one of the oldest universities in the United States. Stevens Institute of Technology admits approximately 5000 students yearly, including graduate and undergraduate students. Students from all over the world are part of this university. The university has three National Centers for Excellence with recognition by the US Department of Defense and the US Department of Homeland Security. Let us find out more about the university and its programs.
Why study at the Stevens Institute of Technology?
Here’s why you should pursue education at the Stevens Institute of Technology-
- The university ranks 9th in the country for the ‘Best Career Placement’ by The Princeton Review in the 2021 edition of ‘Colleges That Pay You Back.’
- The university ranks 12th in economic return for bachelors. Georgetown, 2022.
- It has 600+ industry recruiters scouting students each year.
- Stevens Institute of Technology has a solid job placement record, with 95% of graduates finding work within six months of graduation.
- Google, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase and Co., Deloitte, Johnson & Johnson, Ernst & Young, and Goldman Sachs are among the university’s top recruiters.
- Stevens Institute of Technology graduates earn an average annual salary of USD 89,000.
Stevens Institute of Technology rankings
Here are the rankings for the Stevens Institute of Technology
- Ranks 701-750 in QS Global World University Rankings 2023
- Ranks 83 in National Universities by US News and World Report Rankings 2022
- Ranks 73 in Best Value Schools by US News and World Report Rankings 2022
- Ranks 601-650 in World Universities 2022 by Time Higher Education
- Ranks 81 in US University 2022 by THE
- Ranks 101-110 by US Uni Rankings by QS Top University Rankings 2022
Stevens Institute of Technology is one of only two universities in the nation that offers entrepreneurship training to first-year students. The university has 34 undergraduate majors, 56 master’s degree programs, 22 doctoral programs, and more than 100 graduate certificates. They teach over 20 master’s degrees in high-demand fields online.
- Students can also add an international component to their curriculum by participating in study abroad programs. They can select programs from Asia, South America, Europe, or Oceania.
- Adults can participate in lifelong learning through Corporate and Professional Education.
- Programs are available in a variety of study areas and degree levels.
- The institution offers seven special programs that take a different approach to the traditional curriculum.
- Executive education, business partnerships, custom learning, workforce development, and graduate professional programs are among the university’s five continuing and professional education programs.
- Stevens offers a dual-degree MBA program in which students can earn an MBA and a Master’s degree in another field.
Stevens Institute of Technology’s top programs
Here are some of the top programs from the institution-
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Robotics
- Master of Science (M.S), Data Science
- Master of Science (M.S), Stochastic Systems and Optimization
- Master of Science (M.S), Computational and Medicinal Chemistry for Drug Discovery
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Systems Engineering
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Information and Data Engineering
- Master of Science (M.S), Enterprise and Cloud Computing
- Master of Science (M.S), Cybersecurity
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Chemical Engineering
Here’s how you can apply to the university
- Complete and submit the application form.
- Please submit an official school transcript.
- Please submit your test results.
- Submit the essay that came with your application form.
- Please submit two letters of recommendation, one from the counselor and one from the teacher.
You must submit the following documents-
- Application form
- Test scorecard
- School transcript
- Letters of recommendation
Exams accepted by the university
- SAT EBRW
Here are some of the services offered by the institution-
- Hostel facility with world-class dining
- Airport pickup facility
- Student wellness center
- Mental health services
- Sports facility
- Campus Police
- Transportation facility
- Parking facility
All first-year students must choose their housing from one of the seven residence halls on campus, all of which are close to the classroom, library, dining area, and fitness center. Students have the option to choose from fully-furnished properties near the institution through the Stevens Leased Housing option in Hoboken.
The price includes cable, internet, laundry, and all utilities within the building. It also provides housing options for unique interest communities, where students with similar interests can live together. Following federal disability laws, the university offers accommodations for students with disabilities.
A fascinating, diverse, and multicultural group of international students apply to and are accepted into Stevens. It includes people of various social, economic, and religious backgrounds, people with disabilities, first-generation students, and people of all ages, genders, and political perspectives.
The university values this diversity and recognizes how important it is to the dynamic, engaging, and diverse campus culture of the Stevens Institute of Technologies. University commits to creating a welcoming campus community that values diversity and broadens students’ education beyond the classroom by involving them in various energetic extracurricular activities that promote personal development.
- Stevens Institute of Technology is known for introducing entrepreneurship coursework to its first-year students and providing them with exceptional internships and cooperative education.
- There are 34 undergraduate majors, 56 master’s degree programs, 22 doctoral programs, and over 100 graduate certificates available at the university.
- You must clear English proficiency tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE for admission to the institution.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on the Stevens Institute of Technology by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Reda next: Technical University of Berlin | Courses, rankings, and more.
Q1. What is the Stevens Institute of Technology’s fees for undergraduate students?
Answer- The total cost of attendance, including the fees for undergraduate students, is $77,954 for 2022-2023.
Q2. Who are the Stevens Institute of Technology’s notable alumni?
Answer- Frederick Reines, an American Physicist, Greg Gianforte, an United States Representative, and William Destler, a Professor, are some of the university’s notable alumni.
Q3. Can I get into the Stevens Institute of Technology with a 3.5 GPA?
Answer- Stevens does not require a minimum GPA or test score. In recent incoming classes, successful applicants had an average GPA of 3.8 (out of 4.0) and SAT scores ranging from 1330 to 1480