Table of Contents
- RHIT | An overview
- Why choose Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology?
- Rankings of RHIT
- Courses offered at RHIT
- Rose-Hulman | Costs and tuition fees
- RHIT | Scholarships, Grants, and Financial Aids
- Key takeaways
RHIT | An overview
Rose-Hulman is located on a lovely campus in Terre Haute, Indiana, a tiny town approximately an hour west of Indianapolis. Their location is just a few hours from several large cities (St. Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati, and Chicago), yet far enough to avoid crowds and traffic jams.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Rose-Hulman also provides several programs with specialist accreditation. They value student, professor, and staff diversity. They firmly believe in creating an open and inviting atmosphere in which every community member is welcomed and provides value to the rest.
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology is a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics institution in west-central Indiana. Their objective is to provide students with the most outstanding STEM education available on the globe while providing personalized attention and assistance.
On a gorgeous 200-acre campus, they have exceptional academics, highly driven students, a devoted staff, and beautiful facilities. When you add it all together, you have more than just college—you have a family environment and a learning experience you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
Why choose Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology?
- Let’s face it: STEM majors are a hot commodity right now, and it appears like every institution in the world is opting to offer engineering degree programs. However, RHIT has been offering STEM programs way before anyone even knew about such a program. Since its inception in 1874, they’ve been producing engineering, math, and science rock stars.
- Consider a school where all your classes are taught by professors who know your name and are among the best in the world. You have access to labs, equipment, facilities, and research opportunities that most schools do not provide to first-year students.
- It’s a welcoming, collaborative environment where you’ll be surrounded by others who share your enthusiasm for science, engineering, and math. And everyone on campus, from your dorm housekeeping to your academic adviser, will go out of their way to assist you when needed.
- The graduates from RHIT have a high percentage of job placement. It’s more than 98 percent. Every year. That’s because companies know their grads are solid, but also because their Office of Career Services goes above and beyond to assist their students in preparing for interviews.
- Employers practically come to you at Rose-Hulman. That’s one of the reasons BestColleges.com ranks its Career Services office as the fifth best in the country. Every year, they also conduct three large career fairs where hundreds of recruiters from some of the world’s most well-known firms seek out their students for internships and full-time employment.
Rankings of RHIT
- According to the 2023 edition of the U.S. News & World Report College Guide, for the 24th year in a row, RHIT is ranked first in Undergraduate Engineering Programs.
- According to the Brookings Institution’s Value-Added Assessment, the top 1% of U.S. Colleges accredited Rose-Hulman alums for earning 44 percent more at mid-career than graduates of institutions with similar characteristics and students.
- According to a MarketWatch study, RHIT is one of the top colleges where female STEM students thrive. According to the survey, Rose-Hulman alumni earn 50% more at the 10-year mark in their professions than students from typical institutions with similar student characteristics. Only 12 schools were picked out for particular distinction in the research.
- The Princeton Review named RHIT’s professors “The Most Accessible Professors” and “The Best 300 Professors.”
Courses offered at RHIT
1. Undergraduate programs
Whether you want to go on to graduate school or discover your ideal profession, Rose-undergraduate Hulman’s programs will set you up for success. Their one-of-a-kind combination of academic excellence, invaluable hands-on experience, one-on-one mentoring, and access to advanced labs and equipment is just one of the reasons that USNews and World Report, Fisk Guide, and Princeton Review consistently rank Rose-Hulman among the top undergraduate engineering colleges in the country.
2. Graduate programs
Their graduate studies programs strongly focus on practical research with experienced staff, modern facilities, and flexibility in designing your course choices to match your unique goals. The classes are provided in a supportive environment focused on your growth and development. Some programs, such as Engineering Management, provide nighttime sessions off campus to allow professionals to work full-time while pursuing their degrees.
3. Learning and research facilities
Their cutting-edge labs, project space, classroom facilities, and academic buildings are intended to allow you to concentrate entirely on your research and study. They believe in learning by doing, and their laboratories and research facilities are ideal for this.
Rose-Hulman | Costs and tuition fees
RHIT | Scholarships, Grants, and Financial Aids
All accepted students are automatically considered for the Rose-Hulman Merit Scholarship, which is granted based on various academic and non-academic reasons. The scholarship prize is determined by two criteria:
- Academic evaluations. These factors include the quality of your high school curriculum, class rank, size (if relevant), and test results.
- Non-academic metrics often revolve around extracurricular activities, leadership, and community service but are not restricted to these. Rose-Hulman is an NCAA Division III institution. Hence pre-enrollment or post-enrollment sports involvement is not considered in the scholarship decisions.
International students who are planning to apply for need-based aid can directly go to the official applicant portal of RHIT and fill up the form for the same.
- Serious students require serious time to have fun. There are several opportunities to put the books down and interact!
- Alumni warmly recall their friendships and the good times they had while building the iconic Homecoming bonfires, performing in concerts or student musicals, and engaging in social events. You, too, will look back on these years as some of your finest.
- You may join student groups such as the Human Powered Vehicle Team, the gardening club, the theatrical club, the Residence Hall Association, and many more!
- Everything they do is motivated by a commitment to their goal and vision. They have emerged as a global leader in STEM education due to their adherence to these fundamental ideals.
- Their objective is to deliver the world’s greatest undergraduate scientific, engineering, and mathematics education in an environment of personalized attention and assistance. Their aim is for Rose-Hulman alums to be motivated and prepared to pursue lives of meaning and achievement, defining and solving the issues of a complex global society.
- Always check the official website for all information regarding the course details and deadlines.
- RHIT will be a lifetime partner to its alums and a globally renowned scientific, engineering, and mathematics education leader.
We hope you found this blog informative. If you have any doubts, you can reach us here.
You can also share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Liked this blog? Then read: How to choose a university | Top 7 factors
Q1. What is the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology known for?
Answer – Founded in 1874, Rose‑Hulman Institute of Technology has established itself as the consistently top-ranked undergraduate engineering college in the U.S. Their beautiful campus in west-central Indiana is home to some of the nation’s best science, technology, engineering, and math students, faculty and facilities.
Q2. Is Rose-Hulman a prestigious school?
Answer – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, in Terre Haute, Indiana, earns its “reputation as an excellent undergraduate engineering school” with a combination of solid academics and “personal attention, small class sizes, and a family atmosphere,” a rarity among tech schools.
Q3. What is the tuition fee for 2022-23 at RHIT?
Answer – The tuition fee for the session 2022-23 at RHIT is $50,961.