Table of Contents
- Scholarships in Italy: What you need to know
- Top 10 scholarships in Italy for you
- 1. The Italian Government scholarship for foreign students
- 2. EDISU Piemonte scholarships
- 3. University of Bologna Study Grants for International Students
- 4. Politecnico di Milano merit-based scholarships
- 5. Politecnico International scholarships in Italy
- 6. Scuola Normale Superiore Ph.D. scholarships
- 7. Merit and Bocconi International Awards
- 8. Padua International Excellence scholarship programme
- 9. Universitænbsp; Cattolica International scholarships in Italy
- 10. University of Pavia International Scholarships for developing country students
- Key takeaways
Scholarships in Italy: What you need to know
Italy is known as a student-friendly country with many scholarships, bursaries, and financial programs for students. Additionally, several universities in Italy offer some of the best choices of subjects. While most of these degrees are expensive to acquire, scholarships in Italy can be of great help.
Top 10 scholarships in Italy for you
Assisting you to decide better, here is a list of scholarships in Italy that you should know of –
1. The Italian Government scholarship for foreign students
All in all, the Government of Italy is highly enthusiastic about facilitating deserving students in the country’s universities. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has several lucrative bursaries that assist international students of African or African-American ethnicity studying at prestigious universities in Italy.
What does the scholarship offer?
- This scholarship provides eligible African or African-American students with a monthly allowance of $1,000 during their study period in Italy.
- Additionally, the monthly allowance is given on quarterly basis.
2. EDISU Piemonte scholarships
EDISU Piemonte scholarship is for international students from non-European Union (EU) countries. In addition to this, it is also available to students who choose to study at the selected universities of Piedmont. However, these universities have stringent selection criteria.
Benefits you get
- You can apply for the EDISU Piemonte Scholarship and complete your higher education in Italy within a budget.
- The amount granted by these scholarships varies depending on your overall competency and scholarly merit.
- In most cases, accommodation is also provided to students who are not currently residents of Italy.
3. University of Bologna Study Grants for International Students
This scholarship program is exclusively for students enrolling in courses at the University of Bologna. The university offers several types of grants in tuition fee waivers.
What benefits do you get with scholarships in Italy?
- If you clear all the parameters in the eligibility criteria, you might even get a total waiver of your tuition fees for the entire program.
- As has been noted, the basic grant consists of an allowance of $13,000 for each student.
- If you are an exceptional student, you may even receive additional tuition fee waivers along with this.
4. Politecnico di Milano merit-based scholarships
The Politecnico di Milano offers scholarships to students enrolled in a science program in their second semester. Moreover, this scholarship is only for postgraduate students in their master’s degree program at the Politecnico di Milano. Based on your merit, you can get either of the three scholarships – The Silver Scholarship, Gold Scholarships, and Platinum Scholarships.
What does the scholarship offer?
- If you are selected for this scholarship in Italy, you will not have to pay any tuition fees throughout your course at the Politecnico di Milano.
- However, you will still have to pay an administrative fee of 200 euros.
- Moreover, if you are selected for the Platinum and Gold Scholarships, you get an additional waiver of 5,000 and 10,000 euros, respectively, as a yearly allowance.
5. Politecnico International scholarships in Italy
The Politecnico di Torino, located in Turin, Italy, is one of the leading institutions for research in engineering. With a scholarship to this university, you can realize your ambition of becoming a highly qualified engineer.
Benefits of the scholarship
- The Politecnico di Torino in Italy offers full tuition fee waiver scholarships for engineering and architecture courses.
- This university offers five different scholarship programs for students who enroll in engineering or architecture courses at the bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. level.
6. Scuola Normale Superiore Ph.D. scholarships
It is one of the scholarships in Italy for Ph.D. students at Scuola Normale Superiore. It is a publicly funded university in Italy. Known for – actively supporting the research goals of international students with its excellent Ph.D. programs. Apart from a highly qualified faculty, you can also gain access to the world-class infrastructure of Scuola Normale Superiore.
Benefits of the scholarship
- With this scholarship program, you get a complete waiver of tuition fees.
- You are also entitled to a generous monthly stipend.
- Using this stipend, you can carry out your research work without any impediments.
7. Merit and Bocconi International Awards
The University of Bocconi offers this scholarship to students enrolled in bachelor’s or master’s degree programs. This scholarship for international students in Italy offers up to $14,500 for undergraduate students and around $15,700 to graduate students.
What you need to know
- However, since the amount of allowance given to each beneficiary is so high, the level of competition to is also relatively higher.
- Moreover, the selection criteria are stringent, making this one of the most challenging scholarships to obtain in Italy.
8. Padua International Excellence scholarship programme
The University of Padua in Italy provides scholarships to exceptionally deserving international students. The scholarship is specifically for students who want to study the English language at Padua, Italy. However, you need to know beforehand that there are only 43 bursaries offered under this program.
Benefits of the scholarships
- The Padua International Excellence Scholarship Programme is for bachelor’s and master’s students.
- Besides a complete waiver of the tuition fee, you can also receive an allowance of 8,000 euros.
- However, you would still need to pay the annual registration fee despite these benefits.
9. Universitænbsp; Cattolica International scholarships in Italy
The Universitænbsp; Cattolica is the biggest and most prominent private university in Europe. This prestigious institution offers the Universitænbsp; Cattolica International Scholarship to both EU and non-EU students studying in Italy. The Universitænbsp; Cattolica has more than 12 colleges across Europe with a cumulative student population of 41,000 learners.
What do you need to know?
- Mostly, this scholarship covers only 30% of the tuition and other university fees.
- But, it doesn’t cover any administrative charges like the application fee of 5750 euros.
10. University of Pavia International Scholarships for developing country students
Although the objective of this scholarship was to develop closer and better relations with developing countries, it has now become a facilitator of academic excellence.
What do you get?
- If you are looking for an excellent bachelor’s scholarship in Italy, then the University of Padua scholarship is for you.
- This scholarship is only available for graduate students looking to pursue their master’s degrees from the University of Padua.
Summarizing the blog,
- The most prominent scholarships in Italy are offered to serious applicants.
- In addition to this, the scholarships are also for students with financially weak backgrounds.
- As a matter of fact, the country is a hub of higher education within the European Union (EU).
- The scholarships, mostly, offer a fee waiver on the tuition fees, among other benefits.
- Therefore, with the help of these scholarships, you can stop worrying about spending too much from your pocket.
Liked this blog? Then, read The 10 best colleges in Canada!
Question 1: How to get a scholarship in Italy?
Answer: You can apply to either the Government of Italy for the several state-funded scholarship programs available for international students. You can also answer exams of private universities and clear them with flying colors for special tuition fee waivers and a scholarship program.
Question 2: Who is eligible for a scholarship in Italy?
Answer: Any international student who passes the eligibility criteria can apply for several scholarship programs available in Italy. Since most of the scholarships in Italy are in the form of tuition fee waivers and stipends or allowances, you should have a moderately weak family background that needs financial assistance.
Question 3: What is the value of scholarships in Italy?
Answer: Scholarships in Italy are precious within any field in the European Union (EU). As a matter of fact, the acceptance rate is more than many other institutions outside the EU. Hence, even with a bachelor’s, master’s, you can quickly seek employment at the global level.