Table of Contents
Coventry University provides academic and welfare support
Coventry University has a long history of providing education in England, dating back to the Coventry College of Design in 1843. Lanchester polytechnic was formed in 1970 when Coventry college of art, Lanchester college of technology, and Rugby college of engineering technology merged to form Lanchester polytechnic, later renamed Coventry polytechnic. It was renamed Coventry University in 1992, and it is a forward-thinking, modern university with a long tradition of high-quality teaching and applied research. Let us further discuss Coventry University ranking.
Coventry University is committed to innovative learning, and its disruptive media learning lab is one of many ways the university incorporates games and playful thinking into its core curriculum. They aim to do everything they can to help students reach their full academic potential while creating a genuine sense of belonging through extensive student support. They take pride in providing a solid foundation of academic and welfare support to students to help them have a positive learning experience.
Why Coventry University has high rankings?
Coventry University focuses on student satisfaction and teaching excellence. A variety of placement and global opportunities are available to students, focusing on employer-informed learning in a modern teaching environment.
Learning benefits of Coventry University
- Students studying at Coventry University or Coventry University London take advantage of flexible learning options at CU locations in Coventry, Scarborough, and London.
- Each year, over 13,000 non-UK students study on the university’s UK campuses, with over 18,000 more studying at partner institutions around the world.
- Pre-sessional English courses and international pathway programs are available to help students prepare before beginning their course.
- To assist international students, various scholarships and placement opportunities are available (subject to availability and eligibility).
US news rankings
Coventry University is ranked 1080 on the list of the best global universities. Schools are ranked based on performance across a set of widely accepted excellence indicators.
Coventry University rankings
- 1080 in best global universities (tie)
- 414 in best global universities in Europe
- 74 in best global universities in the United Kingdom
Coventry University subject rankings
- 941 in Clinical Medicine (tie)
- 679 in Computer Science (tie)
- 528 in Engineering (tie)
- 383 in Social Sciences and Public Health
2022-2023 Indicator Rankings
Coventry University’s overall best global universities ranking was calculated using thirteen indicators. Here is a breakdown of how this institution fared in comparison to other schools for each indicator.
- Global score – 37.1
- Global research reputation – 746
- Regional research reputation – 573
- Publications – 949
- Books – 272
- Conferences – 857
- Normalized citation impact – 976
- Total citations – 929
- Number of publications that are among the 10% most cited – 870
- Percentage of total publications that are among the 10% most cited – 824
- International collaboration – relative to the country – 1062
- International collaboration – 504
- Number of highly cited papers that are among the top 1% most cited – 1086
- Percentage of highly cited papers that are among the top 1% most cited – 1303
Ratings and rankings
Coventry University is one of the best public universities in Coventry, England. The QS World University Rankings 2023 has ranked it 651-700.
Significant areas of Coventry’s research were rated as ‘world-leading and ‘internationally excellent in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF). Its allied health professions work ranked joint 5th in the UK, and nearly three-quarters of its art and design work rated as four or three-star quality.
Coventry’s student satisfaction and teaching quality have recently been rated among the best in the UK, contributing to impressive rises in every major university league table and a gold rating in the UK government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
The university has a bold approach to higher education developments, including new campuses in Scarborough, London, and Poland. The Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, known as ‘faculty on the factory floor,’ has been an essential factor in its success.
Coventry is ranked 13th in the Guardian University Guide 2019, as well as the country’s top modern university, and is ranked first in the UK and third in Europe for how well the university engages with its students, according to the Times Higher Education (THE) Europe Teaching Rankings 2018.
It was named ‘University of the Year for Student Experience’ in the 2019 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide and one of the world’s top 200 young universities by THE.
Coventry is described as “one of the most innovative modern universities, bold in its vision of what the 21st-century student experience should be” in the latter.
- Coventry University has a long history, dating back to the Coventry College of Design in 1843. Coventry University is committed to innovative learning, and in many ways, the university incorporates games and playful thinking into its core curriculum.
- The primary goal of Coventry is to do everything possible to help students reach their full academic potential. It also creates a genuine sense of belonging through extensive student support.
- Coventry University puts stress on student satisfaction and teaching. Many global placement opportunities are available to Coventry students, focusing on employer-informed learning. The university ranks 1080 on the list of the best global universities.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Coventry University rankings. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: An introduction to the University of Bristol
Q1. What grades do you need for admission at Coventry University?
Ans- Undergraduate applicants to all courses must have five GCSEs in grades 9-4/A to C, including English language and mathematics. These are mandatory entry requirements.
Q2. How long is the Coventry admission process?
Ans- A standard application can take up to 5 working days to be processed by the admissions team. If any supporting documentation is missing, the admissions team will contact you. You may apply for more than one course, but each may require a separate personal statement.
Q3. What is Coventry University’s acceptance rate?
Ans- Coventry University has a 32% acceptance rate because it is very selective in its candidates.