Table of Contents
About Brunel University
Founded in 1966, Brunel University is in Uxbridge, West London. Its name comes after the nineteenth-century engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel. The Brunel Museum, which displays his life’s work and inventions, is located on the university’s sprawling campus of more than 30 acres. Since August 2014, three institutes and three colleges have divided the institute, and it is now officially known as Brunel University London.
Why study at Brunel University?
The following are some of the top reasons
- Brunel University scholarships provide over 130 grants to undergraduate and graduate students, making it an even more compelling option for international students.
- Academic excellence and financial need are used to award scholarships worth 6,000 GBP.
- The university provides international Excellence Scholarships, CEDPS Academic Excellence Scholarships, and the Brunel MBA Scholarship.
- It also has a competitive advantage over other universities due to its excellent central London location.
- The institution is located 17 miles west of Central London, with easy access to the City Center.
Cost of studying
|Average living expenses (Bachelor)||£10,560|
|Average living expenses (Master)||£16,788|
Brunel University ranking
Here are a few rankings for Brunel University London
QS World University Rankings by Top Universities
Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Here’s how to apply
- You can find a course that interests you by using the Course Finder.
- If the course accepts applications, the ‘Apply’ button will be on the right side of the page.
- You can complete your application form through eVision’s application portal.
- You can register on the website if this is your first time applying to Brunel. Simply select the ‘New User’ option.
- If you’ve previously applied or want to return to an application you’ve started, you can log in with your username and password.
Here are the specifics you’ll need to provide
- Information about you
- A list of academic credentials (level, subject, place of study, results, year)
- Work experience specifics (name of the company, start and end dates)
- You will require to upload scanned or photographed copies of supporting documents in addition to submitting them electronically.
Students applying for admission must provide the following information
- Complete your educational history beginning with secondary school.
- Statement of Personal Interest addressing necessary points (Why did you choose this specific course?) (As a University student, how will you excel?)
- At least one recommendation from a teacher, adviser, counselor, or other professional
- Work experience (if any)
- LOR for UK student visa and passport
- Resume emphasizing your experience.
- Scores for English language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, Trinity ISE, Duolingo)
Following are some of the popular courses at the university-
- BEng Aerospace Engineering
- BSc Communication and Media Studies
- MSc Business Intelligence and Digital Marketing
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- BSc Economics and Business Finance
- MSc Wireless and Computer Communication Networks
- MA English Literature
- MSc Political Communication
- Medicine (MBBS)
Brunel University operates from a single campus in Uxbridge, West London, just minutes from the city center.
- Brunel University is London’s largest campus-based university, with over 14,000 students living on campus.
- On campus, there are over 150 student clubs and societies where students can pursue their interests in various fields.
- The university ranks among the top 100 for sports and provides students with world-class sports facilities.
- A medical center, pharmacy, gym, library, restaurants, cafes, Santander bank, shops, on-campus housing, and other amenities are available.
Brunel University London provides housing both on and off campus. Housing is frequently cheaper than in other parts of London, and the University Housing Office assists all students.
On campus, there are over 4,500 rooms available, with en-suite facilities standard in the 34 halls of residence. Linen is changed once a week, and they provide bedding.
In the last decade, the University has invested over £400 million in residence halls and campus infrastructure, and the South Korean Olympic and Canadian Paralympic teams stayed at Brunel.
Brunel University has many multidisciplinary centers and institutes, including five research institutions covering a wide range of topics. These institutions are as follows-
- Institute of Communities and Society
- Institute of Energy Futures
- Institute of Digital Futures
- Institute of Materials and Manufacturing
- Institute of Health, Medicine and Environments
Over 95% of Brunel University’s courses provide candidates with placements, allowing them to gain valuable work experience. The university’s career services team assists students in finding job opportunities at top companies such as Morgan Stanley, Disney, IBM, Heathrow, Intel, BOSCH, Canon, Coca-Cola, and others.
The highest paying jobs and average salaries for Brunel University graduates are as follows
|Profession||Annual salary in GBP|
|Programme and Project Management||60731|
|Executive Management and Change||58612|
|Sales and Business Development||47314|
|Compliance, AML, KYC, and Monitoring||43783|
- Brunel University provides the best of education and is well known for its research institutions.
- The English language proficiency tests are a must for admission into the university.
- The Brunel University campus has many facilities, such as the medical center, gym, cafes, banks, etc.
- The university ranks among the top 100 for the sports facilities it provides.
- Brunel University has over 4,500 on-campus rooms.
- The university provides placements at top companies like Morgan Stanley, Disney, and more.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. For more information on Brunel University, please contact us by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next:
Q1. What is Brunel University London’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Brunel University London has an acceptance rate of 65-70%.
Q2. Are there any interview criteria at Brunel University?
Answer- Some programs at Brunel University require interviews. The university will almost certainly request an interview if a candidate does not meet the qualification criteria. If the candidate is not from the United Kingdom, an interview via online video conferencing is possible (like Skype).
Q3. How many international students go to Brunel University London?
Answer- Approximately 2,500 international students from more than 110 countries are currently enrolled at Brunel.