The Secret encourages people to visualize their goals clearly in order to attract what they want. ‘The Secret’ book review proposes various ideas that are unexpected, intriguing, and possibly debatable, such as-
- You can achieve almost any goal you set your mind to if you focus your attention on it and think not only that you can do it but also that you have already done it.
- When you focus on what you don’t want, you unintentionally attract it into your life. For example, if you persistently dwell on what is bothering you, you will attract more of the same problems (and associated anxious feelings) into your life. Instead, focus on what you actually want in your life, and you will obtain more of it.
- The Law of Attraction, which states that you attract whatever you focus your energy on (good or bad), applies to relationships, belongings, aspirations, and anything else you can think of—even your own health.
- Other ideas and specific tactics are shared in the book, as well as a history of the usage of the Law of Attraction and examples of how it has worked in the lives of many people, making it an entertaining and educational read.
Pros and cons of The Secret
The Secret may be beneficial to some, but impractical to others. Hence, consider the benefits and drawbacks before investing time and money in this book.
- It is an empowering book
- It encourages visualization
- It boosts motivation
It pushes us to get into a better state of mind in order to keep the motivation to pursue goals. It helps us implement the broaden-and-build theory that also supports this strategy, revealing that when we’re feeling happy emotions, we tend to build our resources more. Overall, it’s a nice read that can help you achieve your goals while feeling less stressed.
- The ideas expressed in the book might conflict with religious beliefs
- The book might promote unwarranted blame
There has also been criticism of the notion that we make our own terrible conditions in life; the apparent examples of children born into abuse or millions of people born into extreme poverty do not seem to fit with that explanation of reality.
The law of attraction can be debatable as it is not a scientifically confirmed ‘law,’ but rather an anecdotally witnessed phenomenon.
The law of attraction can explain a lot and be used for good, but it does not account for all of the bad things that happen to us. Challenges are a part of life, and facing them makes us stronger; criticizing ourselves and beating ourselves up over our difficulties is completely unproductive.
- ‘The Secret’ provides a variety of views that are unexpected, intriguing, and possibly disputed.
- ‘The Secret’ encourages us to improve our mental state in order to maintain motivation to pursue goals, as well as research on broaden-and-build theory to develop our resources.
- This book further elaborates that when we are feeling joyful emotions, we tend to increase our resources more and make better choices.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on the secret. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: 8 best books for beginners | Enter a new realm with each book.