Table of Contents
- Why are motivation and encouragement important?
- Here are some ways to motivate and encourage people around you
- Benefits of motivation and encouragement
- Here are 10 quotes to fill you with motivation and encouragement-
- Key takeaways
From the time we are born, we are taught to struggle and strive to secure a place in the world and be accepted by society. Darwin’s theory suggests the notion of ‘survival of the fittest’. We are in a constant race with ourselves as well as others to reach the goal. In the process, we tend to forget that reaching the goal is not the point; it’s the journey behind the goal that is important! Here’s where motivation and encouragement come into the picture! A smooth sail requires a push, and motivation and encouragement will push you to reach your destination as well as help you overcome your fears and doubts along the way.
This blog will explain why motivation and encouragement are necessary for our daily lives and how we can benefit from these two special attributes.
Why are motivation and encouragement important?
A day comes in everyone’s life, irrespective of age, gender, or nationality, when that individual has to go through rejection, pain, or helplessness.
Humans have emotions like love, anger, jealousy, fear, compassion, and more. When you try to understand how to motivate or encourage a person, you get to observe a sea of emotions. Each person reacts in a different manner. We need to keep all these thoughts in mind while motivating or encouraging someone.
If a person is on the verge of giving up their job, some words of motivation and encouragement like, ‘you can do this,’ or ‘hey it’s just a small thing, let’s have some fun later,’ or ‘I am here for you’ can help them overcome their difficult times with some amount of ease.
Motivation and encouragement speak something unique about each of us and enable us to achieve valuable outcomes, such as improved performance, better wellbeing, personal growth, or a sense of purpose. Motivation is a means of altering our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
Here’s why motivation is important in our lives!
- Motivation helps you get healthier
- Motivation improves your relationships
- Motivation helps build new skills
- Motivation helps you learn more
- Motivation increases your productivity
- Motivation can advance your career
- Motivation inspires others
- Motivation gets you through hard times
- Motivation is essential for good leadership
Here are some ways to motivate and encourage people around you
Change your approach
Set a deadline for projects and assignments while motivating others. It is always better to give them an extended view rather than to tell them that you need to work every day to achieve your goals.
Share the workload
Leaders never ask others to do something that they are unwilling to do themselves. If you’re planning a day out, don’t tell your employees they have to work over the weekend. Roll up your sleeves and help. This way, they will be relieved and have a rush of positivity to work through the day!
Pay attention to their emotions
If we use the emotion of fear to motivate someone, it may backfire and cause stress for the person. Instead, we can help them with positive emotions like excitement, achievement, pride, belonging, and thrill to motivate them.
Helping a colleague or a friend is only a small talk away! You can motivate and encourage them through your talks. Give them the mental strength to move forward with their work and life. Talk about the happy times ahead of the struggle they are facing.
If you think the person is not comfortable talking to you or anyone, write them an encouraging note. You can also text them or upload a picture with them to make them feel happy and special! These small things can do wonders.
Your presence alone can help in motivating and encouraging someone! If they are someone close to you, go to them, give some words of advice and stay with them. Seeing you will help their mind to calm down subconsciously and encourage them to do better!
Tell a story
This is an unconventional way of motivation and encouragement! You can tell them your point of view on a story so that they don’t take it to heart and also understand where they might be making the mistake! This is a great way to communicate and help people to do better in their lives!
Benefits of motivation and encouragement
There are three levels of mind. Conscious, subconscious, and unconscious mind. Out of the three, conscious and subconscious minds play a major role in motivation and encouragement.
To justify the above statement, here is an example-
If you have been trying to lose weight for a long time but there are no results, you will feel sad and depressed. Your conscious and subconscious minds will only be filled with negative thoughts. But when someone motivates and encourages you, those thoughts get into your mind and make you feel stronger.
Now the conscious and subconscious minds will be filled with positive thoughts, and there will be no place for sadness or fear.
Motivation and encouragement are two important feelings that can help a person fight through depression, anxiety, and helplessness.
Studies also show that motivation and encouragement are linked to our subconscious mind, and a lack of motivation and encouragement may lead to suffering.
Here are 10 quotes to fill you with motivation and encouragement-
- “Sometimes, you face difficulties not because you’re doing something wrong, but because you’re doing something right.”
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.”– Oprah Winfrey
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”– Mahatma Gandhi
- “Soon, when all is well, you’re going to look back on this period of your life and be so glad that you never gave up.”– Brittany Bergunder
- “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.”– Babe Ruth
- “You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up.”- Anonymous
- “God gave you this life because he knew you were strong enough to live it.”- Anonymous
- “Everything will be OK in the end, if it’s not OK, it’s not the end.”- Anonymous
- “You’re in a storm right now. I’ll hold your umbrella.”- Anonymous
- “When the world says ‘Give up!’, Hope whispers, ‘Try one more time.”- Anonymous
- Motivation and encouragement are unique attributes that give strength to a person going through a tough situation.
- Giving them your emotional support, as well as understanding, will prove extremely beneficial.
- Motivation and encouragement when reaching your conscious and subconscious minds help you heal better.
- Motivation and encouragement fill your mind with positive thoughts.
Did you enjoy this blog? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to reach out to us for more information on words of motivation and encouragement. We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Liked this blog?? Read next: TED Talks for managers | Your daily dose of motivation!
Q1. What is the difference between motivation and encouragement?
Answer- Motivation is related to the inspiration that increases the eagerness or willingness to do something, while encouragement is the persuasion to do or to continue something.
Q2. Who is known as the best motivational speaker?
Answer- David Ramsey, a financial author, radio host, television personality, and motivational speaker from the United States, is known to be the best motivational speaker. His show and writings are heavily focused on motivating people to get out of debt.
Q3. Which is the best book for motivation and encouragement?
Answer- The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey is one of the best books for motivation and encouragement.