Table of Contents
- What does the University offer its students?
- Why choose the University of Findlay?
- National reputation
- Athletic prowess
- Community partnerships
- What are the eligibility criteria for the University of Findlay?
- Necessary entrance exams-
- Visa process for international students
- Campus features
- Ten men’s sports
- Twelve women’s sports
- Courses and programs available at the University of Findlay
- Accomplishments and alumni of the University of Findlay
- Key takeaways
The University of Findlay was founded in 1882 as a collaboration between the Churches of God, the General Conference, and the city of Findlay. The university is known for its excellence in science, health professions, animal science, and equestrian study programs. They nurture the next generation of business leaders, educators, and innovative thinkers through a commitment to experiential learning, both in and out of the classroom. The campus is in Findlay, Ohio, a lovely, safe city known for its excellent job market, bustling downtown, and four unique seasons.
What does the University offer its students?
At Findlay, the experiences of students outside the classroom are just as important as what they learn inside. The University of Findlay graduates are competent, confident, service-oriented, and well-informed. It is all thanks to the real-world experience built into their academic programs and a strong study abroad program.
The University of Findlay offers over 80 bachelor degrees, 11 master’s degrees, and 4 doctoral degree programs. Findlay is home to over 3,800 students, including 1,200 graduate students.
Why choose the University of Findlay?
Findlay has ranked first in U.S. News & World Report’s annual survey of “America’s Best Colleges” for the past 12 years.
The 350-acre campus features lovely open green spaces, advanced academic buildings, and on-campus housing. The Animal Science and Western Equestrian Riding Complex, English Equestrian Riding Farm, All Hazards Training Center, and a 55-acre wetland provide hands-on learning opportunities to the students.
Findlay is a proud member of the NCAA Division II Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC) with 24 men’s and women’s teams. Student-athletes from Findlay’s nationally ranked teams graduate at a rate that is 19 percent higher than the average for all colleges and universities.
The University of Findlay invests in the community by promoting diversity, educating and enriching students, meeting community needs, and forming community partnerships. Findlay students, faculty, and staff contributed over 20,000 volunteer hours in 2019, amounting to nearly 500,000 USD in volunteer economic impact.
What are the eligibility criteria for the University of Findlay?
Admission requires a diploma from an accredited high school in a college preparatory course of study or a GED certificate. The faculty recommends that students take four units of English, three units of mathematics, three units of social studies (including one of history), two of science, and two of a foreign language.
The following criteria are used as entrance requirements for first-time students-
- High school grades (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5) and class rank are required.
- Academic letter of recommendation (only required for students pursuing a major in the College of Education)
- Other measures of academic and personal achievement (character, study habits, personality, etc.)
- International students applying to Findlay’s undergraduate program must have a TOEFL (iBT) mark of at least 61, an IELTS mark of at least 6.0, a Pearson Test of English (academic) mark of at least 50, or an international test of English proficiency (iTEP) mark of at least 3.5.
- International students who received their secondary and/or post-secondary education in English may apply for exemption from this requirement.
Necessary entrance exams-
- American college test (ACT) (minimum of 20 composite ACT)
- Scholastic aptitude test (SAT) (minimum of 950 composite SAT)
- Students who meet these language requirements may enroll in the Intensive English Program (IELP) at The University of Findlay before beginning their academic studies.
- The IELP eliminates the need for TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English (academic), and/or iTEP.
Visa process for international students
Once the university has issued the I-20 form, students can contact the USA embassy or consulate to learn more about visa requirements and specifics. The following documents are required for a visa application-
- Copy of the passport
- Acceptance letter from the university
- I-20 form issued by the university
- Completed visa application
- Passport-size photographs
- Scholarship/sponsorship letter (if needed)
- Immunization form
- Health examination form
Once approved after the visa interview, a stamp will be issued on the passport.
- The fine arts thrive on campus, with a variety of theatre productions, art exhibits, and vocal and instrumental music concerts that provide students with artistic pursuits and mentoring, as well as cultural enrichment for the community.
The University of Findlay competes in twenty-four inter-college sports, which include-
Ten men’s sports
- Cross country
- Indoor and outdoor track
- Swimming and diving
Twelve women’s sports
- Cross country
- Dance team
- Swimming and diving
- Indoor and outdoor track
- Two mixed sports include western and English equestrian riding.
The University of Findlay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and national accrediting organizations in athletic training, environmental health science, and protection.
The university is acclaimed in nuclear medicine technology, occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant, social work, and teacher education.
Programs at the University of Findlay are authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents.
Courses and programs available at the University of Findlay
- Bachelor in Animal Sciences
- Bachelor in Biology
- Bachelor in Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability
- Bachelor in Exercise Science for Health Professions
- Bachelor in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Bachelor in Business
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Bachelor in Forensic Chemistry
- Bachelor in Mathematics
- Bachelor in Public Relations
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in TESOL / Bilingual Education
- Master of Science in Applied Security and Analytics
- Master of Science in Environmental, Safety, and Health Management
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
Accomplishments and alumni of the University of Findlay
The University of Findlay is world-renowned and famous for its innovative academic programs. The satisfaction level of its current students and the success rate of its alumni are the two most important factors that determine the University of Findlay’s success.
The University of Findlay has over 26,000 alumni worldwide. The majority of university alumni have successful lives and productive careers. The education they receive at the University of Findlay prepares them for professional success and inspires them to be leaders.
- The University of Findlay offers over 80 bachelor’s degrees, 11 master’s degrees, and 4 doctoral degree programs.
- The University of Findlay offers many courses and programs which include Bachelor’s, Masters, MBA, MSc, and more!
- The University of Findlay has over 26,000 alumni worldwide.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to reach out to us for more information on the University of Findlay. We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Liked this blog? Read next: Biomedical engineering | Top 5 colleges in the USA you must know about!
Q1. How much is room and board at the University of Findlay?
Answer- Room and board cost about 10,395 USD at the University of Findlay.
Q2. What is the mascot for the University of Findlay?
Answer- Derrick the Oiler is the official mascot for the University of Findlay.
Q3. How can you check your university of Findlay application status?
Answer- You can check your application status at https://my.admissions.ufl.edu/apply/status.