Table of Contents
- About the University of Angers (UA)
- Key facts about the University of Angers
- Why study at the University of Angers?
- Subject areas at the University of Angers
- Polytech Engineering School
- Key takeaways
About the University of Angers (UA)
Founded in 1337, the University of Angers is a public research university in Anger, France. It is one of France’s oldest and most well-known institutions.
The University of Angers provides undergraduate, postgraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs. It has seven faculties in various departments. The university has over 1,077 teachers and approximately 25,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Angers University has five green campuses. Cholet is home to the first main campus. Saumur is home to the second campus. Anger is home to the third, fourth, and fifth campuses. There are numerous facilities on campus.
Key facts about the University of Angers
You can meet students from all over the world-
- A wide range of study fields (Arts, Literature, and Languages, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Law, Economics and Business, and more)
- English-taught courses and full-degree programs.
- It provides admission to international summer schools.
- The university has a dynamic environment.
- It has the highest graduation rate for 3-year bachelor’s degree students in France.
- It has an excellent experience in research.
- The university has three student dining halls.
- It provides modern sports facilities.
- On-campus medical services are available for students.
- The university has many benefits dedicated to international students.
Why study at the University of Angers?
The University of Angers strives to have a welcoming environment for its students. It assists them in refining their career goals and reaching their full potential. According to a recent survey, most students are content to live and study in Angers.
Angers University offers 450 diplomas in every major discipline. It began by developing unique career-oriented courses very early on. Today, UA is the educational institution in Western France with the highest number of vocational bachelor’s degrees. It is well-established in the local community and collaborates closely with its socioeconomic partners. The University of Angers has a distinct international dimension, with over 300 global partners worldwide and an ever-expanding list of dual degrees.
2. Academic success
Angers University makes every effort to assist its 25,000 students in achieving academic success and finding employment. It has had the highest pass rate in France for 3-year bachelor’s degree courses for several years. Its thanks to the university’s lecturers and researchers and measures implemented in favor of high school and university students.
At the high school level, the University of Angers has developed a comprehensive set of measures to assist future students in their career choices. It also promotes their integration and success during their first year at university.
UA also works hard to guide its students through their first steps in higher education (via tutoring programs, small-group work, continuous assessment, etc.). It assists them with extra-curricular activities (thanks to the InfoCampus desk, where student advisors provide information on transport, accommodation, grants, etc.).
4. Ip’Oline platform
The Ip’Oline platform provides access to internships, job opportunities, and networking with other students, alumni, teachers, and businesses. This strategy boasts a 90% employability rate 30 months after graduation.
5. Welcoming community
UA is proud to have received two stars from Campus France as part of the Bienvenue en France/Choose France certification for its ongoing efforts to improve services to international students. It provides a one-stop InfoCampus helpdesk to guide students and assist them with practical information such as transportation, housing, and grants. The International Welcome Office offers personalized assistance to international students based on their specific needs, such as research or language learning.
6. French courses
The French language center for foreigners (CeLFE) provides French lessons for all levels, from beginner to advanced. The CeLFE is an authorized exam center that offers a variety of certification exams (DELF, DALF, TCF).
7. Great location
The press frequently mentions Angers’ high quality of life. It has a vibrant city life and a large pedestrian city center filled with shops, restaurants, and cafés. It has a medieval castle, historic quarters, art museums, theatres, and other cultural activities.
It is a lively city with nearly 40,000 students. It provides numerous activities that contribute to students’ well-being, such as theatre and dance shows at Le Quai and concerts at Le Chabada. It has a botanical amusement park, a skating rink, and more.
It is the 18th largest city in France, with a population of 150,000. Angers is dynamic and the greenest city in France (Observatoire UNEP-HORTIS des Villes Vertes), with plenty of green spaces, a solid commitment to sustainable development, and a thriving economy.
Subject areas at the University of Angers
Here are some of the subject areas at the University of Angers-
Faculty of Languages
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- English Studies
- German Studies
- Spanish & Latin American Studies
- Applied Foreign Languages
- Literature & Linguistics
French Language Centre for foreigners
- French courses for exchange students
- French courses for double degree students
- French courses for Ph.D. and non-exchange students
- Conversation workshops
- French for special purposes
Polytech Engineering School
- Mathematics & Physics
- Electrical Engineering
- Automation & Computer
- Biology & Health Systems
- Buildings & Safety
- Quality, Innovation & Reliability Engineering
IAE School of Management
- International Management
- Accounting, Control & Audit
- Human Resource
- Business Administration
School of Law, Economics and Business Studies
- Law & Finance
- International & European
- Asset Management
- Applied Economics
- Business Law
- Private Law
- Public Law
- Education & Training
Faculty of Health
Foundation Year in Health Studies
- Biology & Health
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
Faculty of Science
- Computer Science
- The University of Angers offers excellent educational opportunities, academic success, guidance, and more!
- It offers various study fields, including Arts, Literature, Languages, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Law, Economics and Business, and more.
- Angers is a vibrant city with nearly 40,000 students. It provides numerous recreational activities like theatre, dance, and more.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on the University of Angers. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Duquesne University | It’s time for bigger goals
Q1. What is the University of Angers’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The University of Angers has an acceptance rate of 27%.
Q2. How much is the international tuition fee for French programs?
Answer- The cost of a French program at UA starts at USD 1,000 per year. Before admission, you must pass a language exam at the B2 level or higher.
Q3. What is the University of Angers’s ranking?
Answer- The University of Angers ranks 866th in Best Global Universities 2023.