Table of Contents
- Top 10 scholarships in France
- 1. Walter Jensen Scholarship
- 2. ISA Diversity Scholarship for American Students
- 3. Campus France Scholarship
- 4. Fulbright Scholarship
- 5. Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence
- 6. Erasmus+ Mobility Scholarship
- 7. The Chateaubriand Fellowship
- 8. Alexandre Yersin Scholarships
- 9. Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA)
- 10. ENS International Selection Scholarships
- What’s next?
France is known for the world-class faculty and higher education infrastructure that you can find at universities like Université PSL, Ecole Polytechnique, CentraleSupélec, etc. While studying in France is a dream for many, it might be an expensive investment to make. Having said that, studying there would open doors of opportunities for you and will make you ready to face the real world.
So, if you are eager to study in France but are worried about the expenses, don’t hold back. We are here with the ten best scholarships in France to apply for and fulfill your dreams. After all, you shouldn’t let go of such an important goal when you can get a scholarship in France to study.
Top 10 scholarships in France
1. Walter Jensen Scholarship
Offered by the American Association of Teachers of French (AATF), this scholarship is specifically for students who wish to become French language teachers in the future. Apart from essentially being a scholarship to learn French, this program financially supports students who otherwise might not be able to afford an education in France.
- Grant amount: $2,000 each semester.
- Eligibility: You should be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for this scholarship. Besides, you should either be a US citizen or a permanent resident and non-native speaker of the French language.
- Additionally, you should be sponsored by an existing member of the AATF.
2. ISA Diversity Scholarship for American Students
The International Studies Abroad (ISA) offers this exclusive scholarship to students belonging to underserved communities. For example, if you belong to a historically underserved race, ethnicity, gender identity, or even sexual orientation, you would be eligible for this scholarship.
- Grant amount: This scholarship in France offers around $1,000 to $2,000.
- Eligibility: If you are a first-generation college student, you can get this scholarship.
3. Campus France Scholarship
The French Ministry of Higher Education & Research offers this scholarship. However, since this is a government-sponsored program, the eligibility criteria are pretty strict.
- Grant amount: You can stand to get anywhere between $1,000 and $4,500 in this program depending on your level of competence and economic condition.
- Eligibility: To qualify for this scholarship, you would have to be a national of any European Union country and have lived in France for at least two years.
- Even if you aren’t an EU citizen, you should be a European Economic Space country national and have previously had a job in France.
4. Fulbright Scholarship
This fully-funded scholarship in France is more diversified than most others because it is appropriate for fresh graduates, postgraduate students, and even doctoral degree candidates.
- Eligibility: Firstly, you will have to be a citizen of the USA and satisfy the linguistic requirements. You will get additional preference if you have completed your school-level education from the USA or if you have served in the US military before.
- If you have already started working, you can still avail this scholarship, but only if you have less than five years of work experience.
5. Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence
This is one of the many government-funded scholarships. The Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence is run by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs. Being a publicly funded bursary, this scholarship is hard to secure, but it offers many options for your career ahead.
- Grant amount: This scholarship grants you an amount of EUR 1,181. Besides, you will also receive a maintenance allowance of EUR 1,031.
- Additionally, you can get up to EUR 50 for the cost of local travel, health insurance, housing assistance, etc.
- Eligibility: You are eligible for the scholarship if you plan to enroll in any French university with the following subjects –
- Economics and Management
- Political Science
- You can apply for this scholarship to pursue a master’s degree or a Ph.D. program.
- Moreover, you should not be more than 30 years old to apply for this scholarship.
6. Erasmus+ Mobility Scholarship
This scholarship in France is offered by the European Union (EU). It is essentially a mobility bursary offered to more than 2 million aspiring students every year.
Previously, this program was renewed from 2014 to 2020 with a budget of 14.7 billion Euros. It has been renewed again from 2022 to 2023, under the name Erasmus+ Mundus Scholarship.
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be provided with a bursary for either one or two years of a master’s program in any field.
- Grant amount: This bursary covers costs of transportation, accommodation, and tuition.
7. The Chateaubriand Fellowship
If you are looking for a Ph.D. scholarship in France for international students, then the Chateaubriand Fellowship is the program you need to look into. This scholarship is offered explicitly to American students by the Embassy of France in the USA.
- Grant amount: You will get a monthly stipend of $1,230 along with round-trip tickets to France as well as health insurance for medical coverage during your stay in France.
- Eligibility: You should be a student studying in a master’s or postgraduate program in the USA to be eligible for this scholarship.
8. Alexandre Yersin Scholarships
For Asian students, this is possibly one of the best scholarships when looking for pursuing a master’s degree in France. It is offered by the Consulate General of France in Hong Kong. This scholarship in France lets you avail a social and cultural activities guide throughout your stay in France.
- Grant amount: This master’s scholarship in France provides you with social welfare, public liability, repatriation insurance, accommodation help, and even a monthly stipend of 660 Euros.
- Eligibility: You should be a permanent resident of Macau or Hong Kong. Additionally, you should have applied for a Master 1 or Master 2 level. Please note that the grants cannot exceed two years.
9. Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA)
The CSLA is yet another fully funded scholarship in France if you aspire to pursue your master’s degree in France. It is provided by the Open Society Foundations and has quite stringent selection criteria. You need to display commitment towards spearheading positive social change to get this scholarship.
- Grant amount: This scholarship in France will give you a monthly stipend, along with living expenses, insurance, program-related travel, and funds for materials required to complete your program.
- Eligibility: You need to demonstrate a remarkable track record. Also, you should be able to receive or maintain a student visa as required.
10. ENS International Selection Scholarships
The ðcole Normale Supérieure (ENS) offers several scholarships to international students willing to study in France. Approximately ten students each from Science, Arts and Humanities subjects are selected for this scholarship each year.
- Grant amount: If you get selected, you will receive a bursary of 1,000 Euros each month for a total of 3 years and decent accommodation during this tenure.
- Eligibility: You will need to be under the age of 25 years and should not have lived in France for over ten months.
France is both a culturally rich tourist destination and a highly esteemed location of higher study, especially for Masters and Ph.D. students. You can begin applying to one or more of these ten scholarship programs for your higher studies. With the help of these scholarships in France for international students, you can now successfully achieve your dream of studying abroad in France.
If you need any help while applying for scholarships or choosing a university, reach out to us. We’d be happy to help. Alternatively, you can also drop a comment below.
Liked this blog? Read next: Top 7 Indian government scholarships for studying abroad
Q1. How to apply for a scholarship in France?
Answer- You will gain access to the application forms for these scholarships from the respective institutions’ websites. To apply, get your passport ready, write a statement of purpose (SOP), and a personal reflective essay if needed.
Q2. How to get a scholarship in France?
Answer- To get a scholarship in France, you can approach several bodies like the French Foreign Ministry, the French Ministry of Higher Education, or even regional authorities. You could even approach higher EU authorities that provide the Erasmus+ scholarship.
Q3. How to get a scholarship in France without IELTS?
Answer- Many renowned universities in France readily accept students with scholarships even if they don’t have IELTS or TOEFL scores to show. You can apply to these universities as they do not require scholarship candidates to have an IELTS score-
- American Business School in Paris
- EBS Paris
- EPITA Graduate School of Computer Science
- ESAIP School of Engineers