Table of Contents
Webster University | An overview
Established in 1915, Webster University is a non-profit private institution that provides students worldwide with a safe learning environment. The university was a women’s college started by Sisters of Loretto and became one of the first Catholic colleges for women west of the Mississippi River. Let’s look at some of the best Webster University courses.
The main campus of the university is in Webster Groves. Other than this, there are numerous other campuses of the university. It has international campuses in Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, Thailand, China, and Ghana—currently home to over 22,000 students from 50 states and 148 countries.
Its five schools and colleges are prominent academic institutions for education, business and technology, the arts and sciences, and the visual arts.
Management and Leadership
Webster University offers a wide range of management and leadership courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Principles of Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Leadership and Motivation
- Human Resource Management
- International Management
- Operations Management
- Leading Organizations
- Strategic Management
- Organizational Development and Change
- Managing Human Resources
- Ethics and Leadership
- International Business Management
Webster University also offers several degree programs in Management and Leadership, including a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management, a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Management and Strategy, and a Doctor of Management degree.
In addition to traditional classroom courses, Webster University offers online and hybrid courses that combine online and in-person instruction. The university’s Management and Leadership courses provide students with a strong foundation in business principles and prepare them for leadership roles in various industries.
Computer Science and Information Technology
Webster University offers several courses in Computer Science and Information Technology at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Introduction to Programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer Networks
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Security and Cryptography
- Web Development
- Operating Systems
- Software Engineering
- Advanced Programming
- Computer Graphics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Architecture
- Distributed Systems
- Data Mining and Warehousing
- Network Security
- Human-Computer Interaction
The bachelor of science (BS) in psychology provides the biological, cognitive, personality, and social conditions for comprehending people’s behavior throughout their lifespan. Students who successfully finish the BS in psychology degree will have the knowledge base, research capabilities, and data analysis abilities necessary for success in an MA or Ph.D. program in psychology (e.g., clinical psychology, experimental psychology, etc.).
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS) program must pursue a graduate degree before they are qualified to obtain a professional license. Students should research the prerequisites for any post-graduate programs before earning their BS at Webster in case they need to take additional coursework.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Human Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Biological Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Learning and Behavior
Courses in international relations at Webster University cover international politics, globalization, international law, and human rights.
Here are some key courses offered by Webster University in the field of International Relations-
- Introduction to International Relations
- Comparative Political Systems
- International Law and Organizations
- International Political Economy
- Globalization and Development
- Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding
- Human Rights and Democracy
- National Security and Intelligence
- Middle Eastern Politics and Society
- East Asian Politics and Society
- Latin American Politics and Society
- European Politics and Society
These courses provide students with a comprehensive understanding of international relations’ complex and dynamic world, including global politics, economics, culture, and security. They cover various topics, such as international organizations, global governance, conflict resolution, diplomacy, and human rights. Students can also specialize in specific regions, such as Asia, Europe, or the Middle East, to better understand regional politics and culture.
Courses in media communications at Webster University include media theory, journalism, public relations, and advertising. Webster University offers a variety of courses for students interested in pursuing an MA in Media Communications. Some of the courses in the program are –
- Media Communications Theory
- Media Literacy
- Digital Storytelling
- Media Ethics
- Communication Law and Policy
- Global Media Cultures
- Social Media and Society
- Media Criticism and Analysis
- Public Relations
- Crisis Communication
These Media Communications courses may vary depending on the specific program and concentration within the MA in Media Communications degree. Webster University also offers elective courses in journalism, advertising, and film studies that students may take to customize their degrees.
- Students can tailor their experience to each Webster University campus location while remaining assured of consistent academic quality in each program.
- It concentrates on the pupils, on teaching and on personal attention. The university commits to provide them with the keys to a lifetime of learning.
- A number of prestigious academic institutions are located on the campus of Webster University, including those that focus on business, technology, the humanities, and fine arts.
- Webster University’s International Relations courses offer students the knowledge and skills necessary to become global leaders and navigate the complexities of the contemporary world.
- MA in Media Communications program at Webster University provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the field of media and communication, as well as the skills necessary to work in various media industries.
- The Bachelor of Science (BS) in psychology requires 64 credit hours, 30 credit hours must be at the 3000 level and above, with at least 12 credit hours at the 4000 level.
Webster University students benefit from a student-centered environment that includes small courses and personalized instruction. If you are an overseas education aspirant seeking information about global universities, please don’t hesitate to contact us here!
Liked this blog? Read next: Top reasons why Germany is famous for mechanical engineering
Q1. What academic accreditation does Webster University have?
Ans. The Higher Learning Commission accredited Webster University. It is a private, non-profit, Tier 1 worldwide institution. It has more than 120 undergraduate and graduate programs with international acclaim.
Q2. Why is Webster University good for students from other countries?
Ans. Webster University guarantees excellent educational opportunities that prepare our students for achievement on an individual level and global citizenship. Diversity is important to our goal, and we annually welcome students from all over the world.
Q3. What is the global ranking of Webster University?
Ans. Since 1925, Webster University has been consistently accredited by the Higher Learning Council (HLC). It is ranked between 801 and 1000 in the QS Global University Ranking and between 501 and 600 in the Times Higher Education Ranking.