Table of Contents
- About the tourist visa for USA from India
- B1 and B2 tourist visa for USA
- Documents required
- Why are these documents being requested?
- Application process
- What next?
- Visa processing time
- Key takeaways
About the tourist visa for USA from India
The United States is an ideal dream destination for exploring its centuries-old museums, falls, beaches, and natural beauty. You can get close to the country if you want to discover it for its divine food and more. Planning a trip to the United States will require a tourist visa. Here’s how to get a tourist visa for USA from India.
B1 and B2 tourist visa for USA
|B1||Consult with colleagues in the business.|
Attend a convention or conference that is scientific, educational, professional, or business-related.
Settling an estate
Vacation (holiday)Visit with friends or relatives
Participation in social activities organized by fraternal, social, or service organizations
Amateur participation in musical, sporting, or similar events or contests, if not compensated
Enrollment in a short recreational course of study that is not for academic credit.
Nobody enjoys paperwork, but it is sometimes unavoidable. Even if you are traveling on vacation to see family or friends, you will need a list of verified and mandatory documents, including-
- Original passport with a six-month validity date after arrival in the United States.
- All old passports.
- Digital and hard copies of the photograph following the specifications.
- Interview appointment letter.
- DS160 US Visa Application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center.
- Payment receipt of the fee paid.
Other documents that could be helpful include the following
- Your travel plans.
- Bank statements and other forms of proof of funds.
- TAX and PAN information and the previous year’s tax documents.
- Business cards, if any.
Why are these documents being requested?
The goal is to meet the tourist’s and the host’s expectations. In other words, these documents are necessary to avoid any complications. It will show the following-
- Financial stability
- An intention to return to India
- Criminal history, if any
Here’s how to apply for a tourist visa for USA from India-
Step 1- Determine your visa type
You will receive a tourist visa online through an e-tourist visa, but you can apply for it via the dedicated online portal. You can get the Visa Application Form DS-160 by visiting the consultant’s office.
Step 2- Compile the documents
Understand the document requirements and plan before time to avoid confusion. Make a checklist for your understanding.
Step 3- Fill out the application
Your travel date, duration, and other visit details are included in the Application Form. It is crucial to mention the purpose of travel, whether it is a trip for recreation, a business trip for official work, or for medical treatment.
Make it crystal clear that you intend to come back to your home country once your visit ends. You may also need to state the financial mien of your journey to the United States of America. Other necessary information includes airplane tickets, hotel bookings, and a point of contact with a US residential address.
Step 4- Fees
The fee is around $160 and is subject to change. Make a note of your account number, which you may need to show at your visa interview.
Step 5- Book your appointment
Consulate officials conduct the visa interview. It may require two weeks to get an appointment for a visa interview. Hence, it will be best to apply as soon as possible.
You can set up your visa interview at the nearest consulate, such as the CKGS Application Center in Mumbai, Pune, or any other nearby metropolis.
Step 6- Attend the interview
The official will take your biometrics and fingerprints for the initial appointment at the Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) or Visa Application Center (VAC).
You must bring your passport, Application Form D-160, and the appointment confirmation page. The US Embassy or Consulate officer will interview you during your second appointment.
The officer may inquire about your current occupation, previous visits to the United States of America or any other country, and more.
- Keep a minimum gap of two days between your first and second appointments.
- Children between 8 to 14 who travel to the United States with their parents are also expected to face interviews.
- If one of the parents cannot attend the interview, the other parent must bring a letter of consent confirming that neither parent has any objections to their child’s travel.
Upon completing your visa interview, the immigration officer at the embassy consulate might inform you of the outcome. Foreign nationals wishing to visit the United States are granted visas or denied.
Visa processing time
During your visa appointment, the US consulate in India takes into account the information you provided in your visa application. When you apply in person using the India visa application form, they usually approve your tourist visa to the United States within 3 to 5 working days. However, you may have to wait a few days for the stamp of a US Tourist Visa if you need its delivery to the address on your passport.
- A tourist visa for the USA from India will need a B1 or B2 visa, depending upon your requirements.
- You need to make a checklist of documents like the application form, bank statements, passports, receipts, etc.
- You can apply for a tourist visa via the online portal. The application fee is around $160.
- You must attend the interview, and your parents must give their confirmation.
- The approval will take between 3-5 working days. There will be a delay if you need a delivery of the passport at your address.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. For more information on a tourist visa for USA from India, please contact us by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Nottingham | an amazing place to be
Q1. What is the minimum validity period for your passport to apply for a visa when you are visiting the USA?
Answer- When traveling to the USA, the minimum validity for your Indian visa passport issued by the government should be at least six months.
Q2. Will you receive a refund if your visa application for the USA is not approved?
Answer- No, the visa application fee is non-refundable and will not be returned to you regardless of whether your visa application is approved or denied.
Q3. What are the rules for extending or renewing a USA visa for an Indian citizen?
Answer- A US visa’s validity period is non-extendable. As a result, when the validity of the visa expires, one must apply for a new one.