Table of Contents
The University of Bedfordshire – An overview
The University of Bedfordshire is located in Luton and Bedford, two sizable cities north of London. On-campus housing is available at the two main campuses of the University of Bedfordshire, which are situated in the suburbs of Bedford and the downtown of Luton. The University also offers degrees in nursing and midwifery at two locations: Oxford House in Aylesbury, which is the Buckinghamshire campus, and Butterfield Park, which is outside of Luton. Putteridge Bury, the fifth location, is where Postgraduate Business School is situated.
More than £130 million has been spent on new and renovated buildings at the University of Bedfordshire, which was formed in 2006 and enrolls roughly 20,000 students from more than 120 countries.
Rankings and ratings
With more than a century of experience in providing the world’s best education, the University of Bedfordshire is a renowned and honored institution. The organization includes two main campuses in Luton and Bedford, as well as a sizable health education center in Aylesbury. The University of Bedfordshire’s 2022 ranking in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranges between 801 to 1000. THE’s global rankings have kept it in the same place since 2019. Teaching, research, citations, industry results, and a global perspective all have varying weights in THE’s ranking criteria for institutions.
According to The Complete University Guide, Bedfordshire University is in 128th place in 2023 and 130th place in 2022. According to The Complete University Guide’s rankings for the UK in 2021, the University of Bedfordshire came in at number 123. The university was 121st in 2021 by The Guardian, on the other hand. The University of Bedfordshire was able to keep its ranking of 121st from the previous two years in 2022.
- University of Bedfordshire Business School
- Faculty of Creative Arts, Technologies & Science
- Faculty of Education & Sport
- Faculty of Health & Social Sciences
- Department of Journalism & Communications
- School of Art & Design
- Department of Applied Social Studies
- Department of Computer Science and Technology
- Department of English Language and Communication
- Department of Education Studies
- Department of Media Arts & Production
- Department of Performing Arts & English
- Department of Sport Science and Physical Activity
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Department of Teacher Education
- Department of Clinical Education and Leadership
- Department of Healthcare Practice
- Department of Life Sciences
- Business & Management
- Computer Science & IT
- Medicine & Health
- Social Sciences
- Education & Training
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Applied Sciences & Professions
- Engineering & Technology
- Arts, Design & Architecture
- Journalism & Media
- Hospitality, Leisure & Sports
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences
- Teacher Education (Teacher Training)
- Accounting, Finance and Economics
- English Language and Communication
- Life Sciences
- Marketing, Tourism and Event Management
For international students, the cost of an undergraduate degree would start at £12,900 annually. Undergraduate EU (non-UK domiciled) full-time tuition is £9,250. Keep in mind that the pricing structure may change depending on the degree program and courses a student chooses.
The University of Bedfordshire in the UK offers numerous scholarships and bursaries based on merit and skill. Here are the details of the most noteworthy scholarships offered at the university:
|Merit Scholarship||Undergraduates who have at least 112 UCAS tariff points, or the equivalent, as their entry qualification score||£2400 and over 3 academic years|
|Merit Bursary||Undergraduates who have at least 112 UCAS tariff points, or the equivalent, as their entry qualification score||£1,500 and over 3 academic years|
|Foundation Year Bursary||undergraduates pursuing a four-year integrated degree that includes the Foundation Year||£2000 and over 4 academic years|
|Care Leavers Bursary||Students who are under 25 and receiving care services||£5700 and over 3 academic years plus accommodation|
|Sports Scholarship||Talented athletes playing at the national or regional levels.||Up to £1,000, plus other sporting benefits|
- The University of Bedfordshire, which was formed in 2006 and enrolls roughly 20,000 students from more than 120 countries.
- The University of Bedfordshire’s 2022 ranking in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranges between 801 to 1000.
- For international students, the cost of an undergraduate degree would start at £12,900 annually.
We hope this blog was informative. If so, please share your views in the comments below. Click here to reach out to us for more information. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Georgetown University – Rankings, Programs, Fees, and more
Q1. Is admission to the University of Bedfordshire difficult?
Ans. The acceptance rate at Bedfordshire is 70%, making admissions only moderately competitive.
Q2. What is the University of Bedfordshire’s GPA requirements?
Ans. In order to have a decent chance of being admitted to the University of Bedfordshire, applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5. In order to increase their chances of admission, students must also engage in extracurricular activities such as sports, project leadership, and community service.
Q3. When should I apply for admission to the University of Bedfordshire?
Ans. Applications are presently being accepted for the academic year 2023, particularly for the bachelor’s degree. The deadline for the same is January 25, 2023. The deadlines for master’s program applications vary by program.