Table of Contents
- About the University of New South Wales
- Why study at the prestigious University of New South Wales?
- Study areas at the university include-
- Campus and accommodation in New South Wales
- Exams accepted by the university
- Key takeaways
About the University of New South Wales
UNSW commits to developing forward-thinking graduates who make a positive impact on the world. It ranks among the top 50 universities in the world by QS World University Rankings. The University of New South Wales ensures that students receive a hands-on, career-focused education that allows them to reach their full potential. Life-changing experiences and inspirational mentoring from world-renowned academics help students discover and develop their strengths. Graduates from UNSW are among the most employable in the nation.
Why study at the prestigious University of New South Wales?
Here’s why you should pursue education at the University of New South Wales-
UNSW, ranked 43rd in the 2022 QS World University Rankings. It provides high-quality education that emphasizes hands-on learning. You will learn from top academics, researchers, and industry professionals. It will constantly expand your skill set through individual and group projects.
UNSW ranks as the Australian Financial Review’s Most Employable University for the third year at the 2022 Top100 Future Leader Awards. According to the 2021 QILT Graduate Outcomes Survey, UNSW graduates earn more than any other Go8 university graduate.
Study life balance
When you select a university, you are choosing a way of life. With their innovative 3+ academic calendar, you can devote more time to activities you enjoy, such as socializing with friends through student clubs and societies, gaining internship experience, or exploring the city. You have the chance to learn in and out of the classroom.
Passion for research
Their passion for quality research and education reflects in their accolades and contributions. It ranges from ranking among the top 50 universities in the world to having its research initiatives recognized as the best in Australia for social impact.
The University of New South Wales ranking
Here is the ranking for the university-
Universities Rankings- ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2021
World University Ranking- QS 2022
University Ranking- THE (Times Higher Education) 2022
Global Universities- US News and World Report 2022
- The University of New South Wales offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses to international students across its nine faculties.
- It provides 142 undergraduate and 284 graduate courses. Popular courses at UNSW include business, engineering, law, medicine, arts, and engineering.
- For students looking to develop a specific skill set, the institute offers a variety of short courses, including certificate courses, non-award courses, and massive open online courses.
- The Master of Business Administration program at UNSW is popular, combining traditional learning with case studies and teamwork. One can evaluate a student’s achievements as per their admission to this course.
- Another popular course is the Master of Data Science, which teaches students technical and mathematical skills. An applicant for this course must have the necessary English proficiency scores.
Study areas at the university include-
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Information Technology
- Engineering and Related Technologies
- Architecture and Building
- Environmental and Related Studies
- Business and Management
- Humanities and Law
- Creative Arts
Campus and accommodation in New South Wales
- The University of New South Wales has three campuses- UNSW Sydney in Kensington, UNSW Art and Design in Paddington, and UNSW Canberra at the Australian Defence Force Academy.
- The main campus covers 38 hectares and is seven kilometers from Sydney Centre.
- Its Fitness and Aquatic Centre is a recreation facility for fitness and sports enthusiasts. The membership fee paid to the center helps organize youth and community events.
- For academic and research purposes, the UNSW Library displays e-journals, databases, digital collections, course resources, and so on. Students can also reserve rooms in the library block based on their needs.
- There are numerous student organizations, such as Roundhouse, Religious Centre, Sports and Recreation, and others on campus.
- Students at the University of New South Wales have on-campus and off-campus housing options.
- There are 11 residential colleges, four residential halls, and four apartment blocks for international students.
- Internet, laundry, BBQs (if applicable), catering, common rooms, study rooms, parking, and other amenities are available in these residential buildings.
Application portal- Online application
Application fee- 125 AUD
The deadlines for submitting applications for various programs are as follows-
- Term 1- 30 November
- Term 2- 31 March
- Term 3- 31 July
You must submit the below documents-
- Official academic transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Art and design portfolio (if necessary)
- Financial Funding Proof
- English proficiency scores
- Research description (for research application)
- Certificate of degree completion
- Document of the grading system at the previous institution
- A valid copy of the passport
- GMAT score (if applicable)
Exams accepted by the university
|UEEC||C+ Grade, overall completion|
They receive the following benefits as part of the alumni of the University of New South Wales-
- Mentoring students.
- Participate in alumni events and networking.
- Access electronic journals and library resources.
- Special courses will receive a special discount.
- Acquire academic transcripts.
Some notable alumni are as follows-
- Robert Carr- Former politician
- Mark Bouris- CEO, of Yellow Brick Road
- Usman Khawaja- Cricketer
- The University of New South Wales ranks among the top 50 universities in the world. According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, it ranks 43rd worldwide.
- Students can also choose to live on campus. Students will have access to Sydney’s city and beaches while living on campus, and the lecture halls will be within walking distance.
- The university has numerous student organizations, including Roundhouse, Religious Centre, Sports and Recreation, and others.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on the University of New South Wales by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Q1. Can you study two courses at a time at UNSW?
Answer- Yes, students at UNSW can study two courses concurrently. It enables them to gain knowledge of two expert areas, broadening their skill set and career options. A double degree does not imply an increase in workload. The core courses for both degrees will complete concurrently. You will be able to complete two undergraduate courses in less time this way.
Q2. How do you apply for a scholarship at UNSW?
Answer- Students who want to apply for a scholarship must indicate this on their admission application and select the round they will find most convenient. The university will subsequently consider your scholarship application along with the others during the round you choose.
Q3. Is there an alternative if you cannot meet the academic requirements set for the course you are interested in at UNSW?
Answer- Students can enroll in a pathway program if they don’t achieve the prerequisite academic standards for the course they want to take. They can acquire the information and English language proficiency needed to achieve the university’s academic standards through these programs.