Table of Contents
- About the University of South Wales
- Why study at the University of South Wales?
- The University of South Wales’s ranking
- Programs at the USW
- Exams accepted by the university
- University campus
- Key takeaways
About the University of South Wales
The University of South Wales is a world-class knowledge center. It is constantly achieving its goal of effectively educating future generations. It is a well-known public institution that is generously sponsored and funded by tuition fees, investments, and private contributors. The University of South Wales has achieved excellent results in terms of education and employment potential since its inception in 2013. The University of South Wales (UOSW) has made significant contributions to innovation and research in various sectors throughout its illustrious history.
Why study at the University of South Wales?
Here’s why you should pursue education at the University of South Wales-
- The university makes every effort to ensure that students graduate ready to start a successful career. They’ve even incorporated job training into the curriculum, with lessons based on real-world events and skills that students will need on the job.
- Several courses at the university have certification from professional organizations. It indicates that they are of the highest caliber and, as a bonus, can provide students with professional test exemptions. According to university sources, approximately 95% of graduates find employment within six months of completing their studies.
- The university places a high value on the health and well-being of its employees and students. They ensure a safe and healthy environment for all students, particularly international students.
- Get an internationally recognized qualification that will help you get ahead in life.
- Develop industry knowledge, skills, and experience through various courses that include work placement opportunities.
- Over 500 courses are available, ranging from foundation and undergraduate degrees to master’s, top-ups, and PhDs.
- Scholarships of up to £2,500 are available for each year of study.
- Live in the Cardiff region of Wales, the UK’s most affordable student city (Natwest, 2019).
The University of South Wales’s ranking
Here is the ranking for the university-
- 103rd in the Times University Guide 2023
- 53rd in the Guardian University Guide 2023
- 1001- 2000 in THE (Times Higher Education) University Ranking 2022
- 91st in The Complete University Guide, University Ranking (UK) 2022
- 81st in the Guardian, University Rankings 2022
Programs at the USW
- The University of South Wales offers 48 different fields of study to students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- It provides a total of 264 full-time undergraduate courses.
- The most popular postgraduate courses at the University of South Wales are life sciences, creative industries, computing, engineering and science, and business and society.
Some of the programs are as follows-
- Accounting and Finance
- Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Art and Design
- Biological Sciences
- Business and Management Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Communication and Media Studies
- Computer Science
- Application portal- UCAS Portal is the application portal.
- Application portal- Course page(official website)
- Application fee- There is no specific application fee.
Undergraduate and graduate application procedures-
- Applicants must apply online through the Course Page (official website).
- Applicants must submit all required documents, including information about previous institutions attended and employment history, by the deadline.
- Applicants may also choose to participate in an interview.
- The admissions authorities at the University of South Wales respond to applicants within two working days of their submission.
- If chosen, applicants must apply for a visa and complete other requirements.
You must submit the below documents-
- Successful fulfillment of a high school diploma or with the completion of higher/senior secondary school
- Standardized test scores in the UK
- Typical A-Level offer
- Typical Welsh BACC offer
- Typical BTEC offer
- Typical IB offer
- Typical Access to HE offer
- GCSEs score required
- Secondary or high school transcripts
- Foreign transcript evaluation
- Financial statement of support
- Personal statement
Exams accepted by the university
|TOEFL ITP Plus
|Pearson Test of English
|Trinity College English Language
- The University of South Wales has four campuses.
- Pontypridd, Newport, Cardiff, and Dubai all have university campuses.
- The most extensive campus, USW Pontypridd, contains historic and modern structures.
- Students can join organizations based on their interests because USW has more than 50 student societies and clubs.
- USW has more than 60 sports teams, including rugby, badminton, football, polo, and swimming.
- Because all University of Wales campuses are close to the city, students can enjoy a vibrant nightlife with their friends.
The accommodation at the university is as follows-
- Students at USW can choose to live in residence halls or private-sector housing.
- The Pontypridd campus has approximately 1,200 student residential rooms and 20 self-studio apartments.
- All resident halls have a bed, chair, desk, wardrobe, wi-fi, and laundry service. A TV and all necessary culinary appliances are available in the shared kitchen and living area.
- USW assists students in finding a private house and suggests student-owned residences that are appropriately licensed for a stay using the Studentpad USW search engine.
- Students who graduate from the University of South Wales become members of the university’s alumni association for life.
- The university provides them with a variety of benefits and services.
- They receive a 10% discount on professional training opportunities at USW.
- The career center can provide them with career advice and guidance.
- The university gives discounted access to learning resources, sports facilities, invitations to events and reunions, postgraduate scholarships, and so on.
Some notable alumni are as follows-
- Emma Darwin- Author
- Asif Kapadia- Award-winning filmmaker
- Marco Marenghi- Hollywood Animator
- Dr. Simon Miti- Zambia politician
- Anand Tummala- Head Coach- the USA under 19 cricket team
- The multi-campus university is in South Wales, England. It has campuses in four different cities. They are Dubai, Newport, Pontypridd, and Cardiff.
- Within six months of graduation, 95% of USW graduates are employed or enrolled in further education.
- International students are an important part of the University’s student community, which embraces and celebrates all cultures.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on the University of South Wales by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of Salford | Rankings, courses, fees and more
Q1. Does the University of South Wales offer a work-study program?
Answer- It offers its students the opportunity to work part-time while attending university to gain work experience. Internships, summer placements, sandwich placements, work shadowing, and life experiences are all part of the University of South Wales’ work placement program.
Q2. What is the average cost of attendance for an international student at the University of South Wales?
Answer- The average cost of attendance at the University of South Wales for an international student ranges between GBP 11,000 and GBP 12,000.
Q3. Are there any scholarships available for international students at the University of South Wales?
Answer- For self-funding international students, the University of South Wales offers a variety of scholarships. International Office Scholarships, Chevening Scholarships, and Commonwealth Scholarships are among the scholarships available.