Table of Contents
About the University of Sunderland
Over 24,000 students attend the life-changing University of Sunderland, which has campuses on the North East coast, in London and Hong Kong, and global partnerships with learning institutions in 15 countries. Sunderland is internationally recognized as a top university, receiving five stars in the QS World University Rankings 2023 for teaching, inclusiveness, employability, and facilities. Let’s learn more about the university, it’s ranking, courses, and more.
Why study at the University of Sunderland?
Here’s why you should study at the University of Sunderland
- Sunderland is a friendly, diverse, and affordable place to live and study, offering the best city and seaside living.
- You will join a global community of students from all over the world if you choose Sunderland.
- A fifth of their students are from outside the UK, and they welcome new students from over 100 countries each year.
- International students can live in the UK, learn about its culture and language, and make valuable contacts and friendships.
- You will receive an internationally recognized qualification and the skills, experience, and knowledge required to develop a career anywhere in the world.
- In addition to professional courses in Business, Finance, and Tourism, they also offer health-related programs such as Nursing, Health, and Social Care.
- Students have the remarkable opportunity to live, work, and study in an international city rich in culture and history.
University of Sunderland ranking
Below is the ranking for the university
- Ranks 101-150- QS World Rankings
- Ranks 1001-1200- Times Higher Education
University of Sunderland subject areas
The following are the subject areas of the university
- Allied Health Professions and Public Health
- Art and Design
- Computer Science
- Crime, Policing, and Investigation
- Health and Clinical Sciences
- Hospitality, Events, Aviation and Tourism
- Integrated Foundation Degrees
- Journalism and PR
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Performing Arts
- Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical, and Cosmetic Sciences
- Social Science
- Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Teacher Training and Education
- Higher and Degree apprenticeships
- Online and Distance Learning
- Postgraduate Research
- Short Course
- Top-up course
University of Sunderland courses
Here are some of the courses from the University of Sunderland
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- MSc Public Health
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Promotion
- MA Design
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- MBA Masters of Business Administration
- BA (Hons) Business Management via Study Center
- New Game Development Lab
- Forensics Lab
- Networks and Cybersecurity
- BEng (Hons) Engineering Technology
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Engineering Management
University of Sunderland admission
Sunderland University accepts undergraduate applications via the UCAS portal and graduate applications via its online application. Undergraduate applicants must adhere to UCAS deadlines, whereas graduate admissions are on a rolling basis.
International graduate applicants should submit their applications six months before the program’s start date. Prospective students interested in attending the University of Sunderland should know the information below
- Complete the application form
- Official evaluated high school transcripts with translation if not in English.
- Proof of English language
- Personal statement
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Completed three years of bachelor’s degrees or four-year engineering degree with a minimum of 55%
- Copies of degree certificate and academic transcripts
- Academic/professional references
- Updated CV or resume
- Relevant work experience
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Interview if required
- Additional program-specific requirements
Exams accepted by the university
|IELTS||6.0, with no band lower than 5.5|
|PTE||No fewer than 51 in any skill|
The two Sunderland campuses have a lively and supportive atmosphere, ensuring you have the best student experience possible during your time with them. Take advantage of the fantastic facilities, participate in various sports and societies, and sample some delicious food and drink options at City Campus and The Sir Tom Cowie Campus at St Peter’s.
City Campus, as the name implies, is located in the heart of the city and houses the primary support services, CitySpace sports facilities, the Murray Library, lecture halls, and classroom spaces. The Art, Design, and Performance facilities and the main Health, Sciences, and Well-being provision are also on City Campus.
The Sir Tom Cowie Campus at St Peter’s has a beautiful riverside location close to the city center and the beautiful beaches. Several faculties are based here, including Business, Law and Tourism, Education and Society, and Technology.
Here is what the university offers
- The university offers guaranteed accommodation to all first-year students who enroll.
- The university also provides accommodation discounts to students.
- Between the two campuses, the University provides three accommodation residences- two university-managed residences and one private residence.
- The University provides free transportation between residence halls and campuses.
- All accommodations are self-catering, with fully equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, and Internet access.
Within six months of graduation, the University of Sunderland has a 93.4% placement rate for undergraduates and a 95.3% placement rate for graduates.
Recent university business graduates work for companies such as Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, Accenture, Marriott Hotels, Viacom 18, Nissan, Adidas, and others.
- The university welcomes students from all over the world, and you can be confident that if you choose to come and study with the university, you will always feel at home here in the North East.
- The North East of England is well-known for its low living costs. Sunderland is the UK’s second most affordable city.
- The University of Sunderland is one of the best universities in London, England. The QS WUR Ranking By Subject 2022 ranked it 101-150.
- The campus provides world-class teaching, cutting-edge facilities, and infrastructure, allowing students a dynamic learning experience.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. Please contact us for more information on the University of Sunderland by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of Ottawa | Everything you need to know
Q1. What do the University of Sunderland MBA programs offer?
Answer- MBA programs are also available in finance, human resources management, marketing, and supply chain management.
Q2. What is the University of Sunderland address?
Answer- The University of Sunderland is near Edinburgh Building, Chester Rd, Sunderland SR1 3SD, United Kingdom.
Q3. What are the University of Sunderland fees for international students?
Answer- Undergraduate international tuition at the University of Sunderland is 12,500 GBP. The tuition fee for international graduate students ranges from 13,500 GBP to 16,500 GBP.