Table of Contents
- About Westcliff University
- Why study at Westcliff University?
- Westcliff University facts
- Westcliff University ranking
- Westcliff University admission
- For Masters and Doctoral students
- Additional documents
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Technology & Engineering
- College of Law
- Tuition fees
- Key takeaways
About Westcliff University
Westcliff University, founded in 1993, is a private American university with campuses in Irvine, California, Los Angeles, and Miami, Florida. According to Best Value Schools, Westcliff University has the best graduate marketing programs. The university has a College of Business, Education, Technology, and Engineering, as well as a Western State College of Law, and it offers bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate, and certificate programs. Continue reading to learn more.
Why study at Westcliff University?
Here are a few reasons to study at Westcliff University
- Westcliff University has the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation. The Accreditation Council globally accredits it for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Westcliff guarantees that you will have direct access to an affordable, consistently high-quality, world-class education no matter where you live.
- The curriculum provides students with the practical and theoretical skills needed in today’s job market.
- Westcliff’s dedicated team puts in great efforts to ensure students’ personal, academic, and professional success.
- Westcliff University promotes international educational partnerships for all students through global opportunities such as student and staff exchange, study abroad programs, joint research and publications, and exchange of facilities and resources.
Westcliff University facts
Here are some facts about Westcliff University
- 2021 enrollment- 4,033
- Student to Faculty ratio- 10:1
- Countries represented by students- 98
- 2020 graduation rate- 79%
- 2020 retention rate- 80%
Westcliff University ranking
According to EduRank, here are the Westcliff University ranking-
- 9969 of 14,131 in the World
- 2289 of 2,597 in North America
- 2191 of 2,496 in the United States
- 205 of 249 in California
- 6 of 7 in Irvine
Westcliff University admission
Due to required testing, international mail delays, and other factors, international students must begin the admission process as soon as possible before the date they wish to attend Westcliff University. International students applying to Westcliff University must submit the following materials-
- Initial F-1 Students Checklist (F-1 Visa for the first time)
- Transfer F-1 Students Checklist (Transfer to university)
English language proficiency
Submit the below English language proficiency requirements-
For undergraduate students
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)- Reading 13, Listening 12, Writing 21
- Internet-Based Test (iBT)- 60
- International English Language Test (IELTS)- 6.0
- Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report- 50
- Duolingo English Test- 95
- Westcliff University CPE- B2
- Completion of Westcliff REAL Intensive English courses- 300 & 301
For Masters and Doctoral students
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)- Reading 19, Listening 20, Writing 24
- Internet-Based Test (iBT)- 79
- International English Language Test (IELTS)- 6.5 (Note- TOEFL PBT does not review on oral skills. Thus, they will interview)
- Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report- 58
- Duolingo English Test- 105
- Westcliff University CPE- B2+
- Completion of Westcliff REAL Intensive English courses- 400 & 401
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Statement of Purpose
Transcripts that are not in English must be evaluated by a qualified third party and translated into English, or by a trained transcript evaluator who is fluent in the language on the transcript. In this case, the evaluator must be knowledgeable about the educational practices of the country of origin, and the review must be translated into English.
Westcliff University’s faculty and academic leadership regard program quality as a top priority. Students entrust the faculty with guiding them to the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for success in their chosen fields, and the faculty at Westcliff take this trust very seriously.
Westcliff faculty members are constantly honing their educational skills to ensure that they are effectively connecting with students with different learning styles, facilitating shared learning processes, and using the most up-to-date methods of instruction.
Furthermore, the faculty at Westcliff are working professionals with an average of more than 20 years of experience in their fields. They take pride in bringing their real-world experience into the classroom to benefit students.
College of Business
The Westcliff College of Business offers undergraduate and graduate business degrees. The BBA, MBA, and DBA degrees are for working professionals who want to enhance their careers in business if they wish to work in management, leadership, or consulting or become business owners themselves. Developing analytical reasoning skills instantly applicable to the real world is the cornerstone of a Westcliff University business degree.
College of Education
The Bachelor of Arts in Education (BAEd) and Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages programs are available at Westcliff College of Education (MA TESOL). Their curriculum is comprehensive and innovative, either online or through a hybrid platform.
At Westcliff University, you will hone your critical thinking and writing abilities, conduct linguistic analysis, and learn the most recent curriculum development techniques using cutting-edge educational technology.
College of Technology & Engineering
The College of Technology & Engineering (COTE) at Westcliff University offers undergraduate and graduate-level programs. It also provides certificates in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and computer and advanced technologies.
College of Law
Exposure to real-world legal settings, practical experience, and invaluable contacts with alums and other practitioners will all help you transition to the job market and advance your professional career.
Participating in particular areas such as the Immigration Clinic, Business Law Center, Criminal Law Practice Center, Externships, and Law Review will enhance your abilities. Also, participating in Moot Court, Mock Trial, or Negotiations will help you develop practical lawyering skills and gain hands-on experience that will help you advance your professional profile.
|Bachelor Programs||120 credits||$620 per credit hour|
|Master Programs||36 credits||$760 per credit hour|
|Master Programs (Professional)||36 credits||$815 per credit hour|
|Doctorate Programs||60 credits||$815 per credit hour|
|Doctorate Programs (Professional)||60 credits||$895 per credit hour|
Westcliff University’s Career Services department collaborates closely with faculty and industry professionals to create resources that can help students achieve their professional goals.
While the university cannot guarantee employment, Career Services advisors match qualified student and alums candidates with available job openings that match their skills, credentials, and career objectives.
The university provides students with resume and mock interview services, job search strategies, and access to various job platforms through its extensive network.
- Westcliff University’s faculty are working professionals with at least 20 years of experience in their respective industries, allowing them to bring real-world experiences into classrooms.
- Unlike most other schools emphasizing theoretical concepts, Westcliff focuses on practical skills needed in the job market.
- English language proficiency testing, such as TOEFL, and transcripts, as needed
- Non-English transcripts must be evaluated by a qualified third party and translated into English or by a trained transcript evaluator fluent in the language on the transcript.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. For more information on Westcliff University, please contact us by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Leicester: Admissions, career, financial aid and tuition
Q1. What is Westcliff University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The acceptance rate for Westcliff University is 72%.
Q2. Why do students choose Westcliff?
Answer- Westcliff’s programs are convenient, adaptable, and affordable. Westcliff University’s innovative, up-to-date, high-quality programs prepare students for personal, professional, and academic success.
Q3. Does Westcliff University have dorms?
Answer- Westcliff University does not provide housing for its students; however, they provide information that can assist students in their placement and search.