Table of Contents
Yoga is an ancient Indian discipline that is based on establishing harmony between the mind, body, soul, and environment. This blog will provide you with a full overview of Yoga courses, their important characteristics and help you choose one that fits you best. Read on to know more.
Although yoga certification courses are available to anybody interested in learning this ancient practice, individual institutions or training centers may have different criteria for entry for each program. Certain universities might also have their entrance exams to secure admission in the program. If you want to study Yoga certificate courses overseas to be certified on a global basis, you’ll be required to take language proficiency exams like IELTS/TOEFL/PTE, as well as to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP).
The following are the requirements for enrolling in Yoga certificate programs –
- You should have completed your 10+2 studies from a recognized board.
- You should be fluent in English; however, certain institutes may also teach in Hindi, Urdu, or other Indian languages.
- You must be physically and mentally healthy to pursue professional yoga courses.
Yoga diploma course
The duration of a diploma in yoga is 2 years and is broken down into 4 semesters. The primary goal of this course is to give the necessary training to those who want to pursue a profession in this sector. The course syllabus talks about the advantages of yoga in restoring people’s health and assisting them in living a healthy, and calm lifestyle. Throughout your study period, you will be taught about the anatomy of the human body, asana practice, yoga history, and benefits, among other things. This course will also teach and prepare you for the exoteric components of Yoga, and help you build and live an esoteric lifestyle.
Yoga certificate course inclusions
Yoga certificate courses are generally shorter in duration as compared to the yoga diploma course and usually last for only a year.
There are no fixed qualifying requirements for such courses, as the requirements differ based on the institutions. They are designed to provide students with an understanding of yoga asanas as well as Yogic teachings on nutrition, meditation, mindfulness, healthcare, and wellbeing. With a yoga certification, you can pursue careers in yoga therapy, mindfulness retreats, naturopathy centers, health and wellness centers, and gyms, among other fields. This allows you to assist people who wish to achieve physical and mental well-being.
Yoga Certificate Courses are strongly based on the Indian yoga philosophy and include the following themes –
- Yoga is a type of exercise that involves Introduction, Meaning, and all the Eight Limbs
- Yoga’s Different Types (Gyan, Astanga, Karma, Hatha, Bhakti, Nada, Mantra, Laya)
- Taking into account the medical conditions of the participants
- Distractions that get in the way of Yoga’s advantages
- Yoga Ahara (Yogic food) and nutrition are both important.
- Human body and its well-being concerning Yogic Science Prana: Five Important Ones and Their Importance
- Yog Parichaya
- Anatomy and Physiology for Yogic Practice
- Teaching Yogic Practice Methodology
The best yoga institutes in the world
- The Himalayan Yoga Institute, Nepal
- Croatia – The Himalayan Yoga Institute Losinj
- The Himalayan Yoga Institute Pondicherry, South India
- Prana Casa Algarve, Portugal
- Ajarya Yoga Academy Ashtanga/Vinyasa Rishikesh, India
The responsibilities of a Yoga professional
The responsibilities of a Yoga professional differs based on their job role, the complexity of the client they are working with, and other such factors. However, here is a list of some of the basic responsibilities that a yoga teacher should be able to handle –
- Create lesson plans and yoga courses.
- Examine each participant’s fitness level and needs.
- Demonstrate and practice all yoga poses for the audience.
- Create yoga programs that are both safe and thorough for a variety of people.
- Participants’ performance are monitored, and new yoga exercises are recommended.
What we have to say
As people continue to become aware of the advantages of yoga, job possibilities in this industry are expanding both in India and overseas. Such professionals can work at health clubs, yoga and pilates studios, special needs centers, private gyms, and even work as freelance professionals after completing yoga classes.
There are multiple opportunities for professionals in the public as well as private sectors. You may also work for yourself by creating your yoga studio.
Moreover, Yoga offers a variety of professional opportunities in the sector, including research, management, hospital work, academic sector, administrative work, and consultancy.
Liked this blog? Read Yoga asanas | Top 5 poses to increase your concentration!
Q1. What is the duration of a yoga certificate course?
Answer – The duration of a yoga certificate course range from 3 months to 1 year.
Q2. What are the 7 steps of yoga?
Answer – The 7 steps of yoga include –
- Asana (Lotus position)
Q3. What are the 3 parts of yoga known as?
Answer – The 3 parts of yoga are concentration, meditation, and mystical absorption.