Table of Contents
- About DePaul University
- What are the reasons for DePaul University’s high ranking?
- Quick facts about the university
- QS World University Subject Ranking
- DePaul University’s QS ranking criteria
- Times Higher Education ranking
- Times Higher Education ranking criteria for 2022
- The Princeton Review
- Forbes ranking for DePaul University
- US News and World Report rankings
- DePaul University’s ranking for diversity
- DePaul University’s ranking for technology
- Business rankings of DePaul University
- Arts ranking of DePaul University
- Key takeaways
About DePaul University
Established in 1898, DePaul University is the largest Catholic higher education institution in the United States. The private university is famous for its game design program and film and drama school. DePaul produces exceptional graduates and offers approximately 300 undergraduate and graduate majors. Many of DePaul University’s professors work as consultants, researchers, lawyers, and business owners in Chicago. Their instruction incorporates practical knowledge and experience. What makes DePaul a high-ranking university? Continue reading to learn about DePaul University’s QS ranking and why it ranks high among other universities.
What are the reasons for DePaul University’s high ranking?
You will find the below points convincing enough as the reason behind DePaul University’s ranking.
In the heart of Chicago
DePaul University maintains campuses in Lincoln Park and the downtown area of Chicago. Chicago can be an excellent classroom for students who want to make the most of it.
- Students have numerous options for internships.
- Chicago has over 125,500 graduates in the metropolitan area.
- Students can build relationships that influence educational and employment prospects.
You get to know your professors closely at DePaul University. The faculty members instruct 97 percent of all classes.
- Less than 40 pupils attend the typical class. It gives you the advantage of a one-on-one with the faculty.
- The faculty members will know your identity, goals, and aims.
Everyone at DePaul University has a different perspective. That’s a good thing! You will have a learning experience that better reflects and prepares you for the world if you cultivate diversity and intentionally incorporate multiple points of view into academic and student life. The university’s students come from 49 different states and 136 different countries.
Student success rate
Within six months of graduation, more than 90% of recent undergraduate and graduate degree recipients got employment. Some are continuing their education.
Quick facts about the university
- Total number of students- 21,670
- Students complete an internship- 60%
- The academic year in 4 quarters- Fall, winter, spring, and summer
- Students serve at over 200+ organizations worldwide- 3,800+
- First-year students that live on campus- 72%
- Alumni in DePaul Network- 201,000+
QS World University Subject Ranking
DePaul University is one of the best universities in Chicago, Illinois, USA. It ranks at 151–200 in the 2014 QS WUR Ranking By Subject.
|US UNI (universities) ranking||2020||2021|
DePaul University’s QS ranking criteria
|Diversity & Internationalization||68|
Times Higher Education ranking
|Times Higher Education ranking||2022||2021||2020||2019||2018||2017|
Times Higher Education ranking criteria for 2022
The Princeton Review
- Least Politically Active Students- 4
- Top 50 Entrepreneurship (Ugrad)- 29
- Top 50 Game Design (Ugrad)- 39
- Top Midwest Entrepreneurship (Ugrad)- 9
- Town-Gown Relations are Great- 24
Forbes ranking for DePaul University
- Top Colleges 2022- 273
- Private Colleges- 143
- Research Universities- 170
- The Midwest- 47
- America’s Best Value Colleges 2019- 271
- America’s Best Midsize Employers 2017- 143
US News and World Report rankings
- National Universities (tie)- 137
- Best Colleges for Veterans- 160
- Best Value Schools- 65
- Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)- 115
DePaul University’s ranking for diversity
- Best Places for Women and Diverse Managers to work (22nd in the U.S.) by Diversity MBA Magazine (2018)
- Higher Education Excellence in Diversity award by INSIGHT into Diversity Magazine (2016)
DePaul University’s ranking for technology
- Named a top graphic design school by Graphic Design USA (2021)
- Ranks 5th in Game Design MFA program in the nation by Animation Career Review (2021)
- Ranks 34th in undergraduate school for Game Design by The Princeton Review (2019)
- Ranks 20th in graduate school for Game Design by The Princeton Review (2019)
Business rankings of DePaul University
- Ranks 10th in the Best Master’s in Entrepreneurship by College Rank (2021)
- Ranks 20th in MBA Entrepreneurship program in the nation by The Princeton Review (2019)
- Ranks 13th in undergraduate Entrepreneurship program in the nation by The Princeton Review (2019)
- Ranks 44th in part-time MBA program by The Princeton Review (2019)
- Ranks 41st in graduate school for Accounting by The Princeton Review (2019)
- DePaul University ranks among the country’s best undergraduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- Doctorate in Business Administration ranks among the world’s premier DBAs by CEO Magazine (2018)
Arts ranking of DePaul University
- Ranks 16th in film school in the nation by The Hollywood Reporter (2021)
- Ranks among the country’s best film schools by Variety (2018)
- Ranks 14th in Animation program in the nation by Animation Career Review (2018)
- DePaul University ranks among the top 50 film schools in the U.S. by The Wrap (2017)
- The university ranks among the top 25 drama schools in the world by The Hollywood Reporter (2015)
- With 14,500 undergraduate students, DePaul University is the biggest Catholic university in the country.
- DePaul is popular for producing exceptional graduates and offers approximately 300 undergraduate and graduate majors.
- The highly professional staff teaches 97 percent of the courses, allowing students to get genuine experience from academics who work in the same field for decades. You have a chance at personal interaction rather than just reading out from a textbook.
- The university has high ranks in subjects like Arts and Technology. It also ranks higher in diversity among various universities.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on DePaul University’s QS ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: A handy guide to the City University of Seattle
Q1. Is it difficult to get admission into DePaul University?
Answer- According to U.S. News and World Report, DePaul University has a 69% acceptance rate. Half of the applicants who get acceptance to DePaul University have an SAT score between 1080 and 1300 or an ACT score between 24 and 30 due to the university’s highly restrictive admissions policy.
Q2. What major is DePaul known for?
Answer- Some of DePaul University’s most famous majors include, Business, Management, Marketing, Visual and Performing Arts, Communication, Journalism, and related programs.
Q3. What is the student-to-faculty ratio at DePaul University?
Answer- The student-to-faculty ratio at DePaul University is 16:1. This ratio proves that students can have a one-on-one with the faculty which will help the students.