Table of Contents
- About Cape Breton University (CBU)
- Why study at Cape Breton University?
- Student life
- Services offered at the university
- On-campus accommodation
- Cape Breton University’s ranking
- What are the reasons that contribute to Cape Breton University’s ranking?
- Top companies recruiting from CBU
- Cape Breton University graduate average salary
- Career opportunities
- Key takeaways
About Cape Breton University (CBU)
Cape Breton University has a diverse campus and a welcoming environment for students. They will receive more than just a world-class education here. Students make lifelong friends, gain global perspectives, and immerse themselves in the vibrant culture of Cape Breton Island. The university provides students with career and placement advice as well as a large number of job opportunity listings. Cape Breton appoints Student Development Officers to help students make career choices. All these attributes and facilities add to Cape Breton University ranking. Read on to learn about its rankings and more.
Why study at Cape Breton University?
When compared to other universities, the most distinguishing features of Cape Breton University are as follows-
- They provide Employment Workshops to help students improve their skills.
- The university is popular as one of the best because it provides a diverse range of courses for students to choose from.
- The university is very encouraging so gives awards to buckle up its students and motivate them to do better.
- The Cape Breton University’s acceptance rate requires students to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.8 to consider for admission.
Cape Breton University is very active in organizing events and activities to keep students engaged. On campus, numerous societies and clubs organize to keep you busy. The university provides additional services, such as health and fitness facilities. Other impressive features of student life at the Cape Breton University campus include-
- Clubs and organizations
- Counseling center
- Research centers
- Cultural events
- Students’ association
Services offered at the university
Students at Cape Breton University have access to a variety of services. On-campus services meet students’ basic needs. The following are all the major facilities provided by the university-
- Learning centers
- Nursing room
- Sports Halls
When it comes to on-campus facilities, Cape Breton University does not offer students on-campus housing. On the other hand, the university provides students with trusted leads to assist them in managing their cost of living, equipped with all the basic amenities and services.
Cabot Residence, Alumni Hall, and Harriss Hall are the three types of residences available at Cape Breton University. Cabot Residence provides apartment-style dorms, Alumni Hall provides traditional rooms, and Harriss Hall provides single and private dorms.
Cape Breton University’s ranking
Take a look at the cape breton university ranking-
- Maclean’s- 62nd rank in Canada
- Maclean’s- 2906th rank in the world
- Cube Ranking- 79th rank in Canada
- UNI Rank-68th rank in Canada
- UNI Rank- 2294th rank in the world
US News and World Report ranking
Times Higher Education ranking
QS World University Rankings
What are the reasons that contribute to Cape Breton University’s ranking?
- At Cape Breton University, they push the boundaries of innovation and thought leadership to provide a global academic experience and to help the island build a sustainable future.
- CBU provides a diverse range of liberal arts, science, business, health, and professional programs. CBU has also created an MBA program that enrolls more indigenous students than any other MBA program in Canada. It also has a youth mentorship program and a series of in-community education programs in mainland Nova Scotia and Quebec.
- CBU is a university that commits to excellence in teaching and learning and offers students outstanding experiential learning and undergraduate research opportunities in a supportive academic environment.
Top companies recruiting from CBU
Here are some of the top companies that regularly hire international students from Cape Breton University-
- LogMeIn, Inc
- IBM Corporation
Cape Breton University graduate average salary
The university provides the most comprehensive educational opportunities, including diploma, undergraduate, and graduate programs.
|Bachelors||$54,658 per year|
|Masters||$65,769 per year|
|MBA||$74,581 per year|
Cape Breton University provides students with career and placement advice and several job opportunities.
- Internships, training, and part-time jobs help students by connecting them with experts and employers.
- On-campus part-time and teaching assistant jobs are available. It allows students to earn money while also managing their expenses.
- The university organizes career guidance workshops, webinars, and seminars and assists in creating a solid profile, CV, and cover letter.
|Job role||Salary (CAD)|
|Marketing Coordinator||$47,659 per year|
|Data Analyst||$49,870 per year|
|Executive Officer||$52,490 per year|
|Accountant||$64,589 per year|
|HR Manager||$73,548 per year|
- Cape Breton University offers prestigious scholarships worth up to 2.5 million Canadian dollars every year.
- The university’s vibrant student life, world-class education, innovative approach, commitment to excellence in learning, job roles, and more contribute to its high rankings.
- Cape Breton receives rankings from top academic publications like US News and World Report, QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education, and Webometrics.
- LogMeIn, Inc, Cigna, IBM Corporation, PWC, and Hasbro are some of the recruiting companies from the university.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Cape Breton University ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Study at La Trobe University | Courses | Ranking
Q1. What is the IELTS score requirement for Cape Breton University?
Answer- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 is necessary for admission to Cape Breton University, with no band less than 6.0 in academic reading, writing, listening, and speaking tests.
Q2. When do the programs begin at Cape Breton University?
Answer- University courses typically begin in September, January, or May. Students starting in September can participate in the international student orientation program.
Q3. Is Cape Breton University accredited?
Answer- Cape Breton University has accreditations from Universities Canada (CU), the Association of Atlantic Universities (AAU), the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE), and Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan).