Table of Contents
- About Emily Carr, University of Art and Design
- Why study at Emily Carr, University of Art and Design?
- Emily Carr, University of Art and Design’s ranking
- Courses at the university
- Admission process
- Documents required
- Services offered at the university
- Tuition and fees
- Key takeaways
About Emily Carr, University of Art and Design
Emily Carr, University of Art and Design, is a well-known public art school and university. Founded in 1925, it is in the vibrant city of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Its name comes after Emily Carr, the first Canadian artist. It is a member of the Association of Independent Art and Design Colleges and the Canadian Bureau for International Education.
Emily Carr, University of Art and Design, offers eleven undergraduate and two postgraduate courses for full-time and part-time students in fields such as fine arts, design, visual arts, animation, ceramics, sculpture, and media studies. The university has over 1,700 students, including 471 international students from 50 countries. Let’s find out more about the university.
Why study at Emily Carr, University of Art and Design?
It is a prestigious institution that provides professional education in design, arts, and media.
- The university collaborates with over 70 design schools in Europe, Asia, Australia, North America, China, Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, England, and elsewhere to offer internships, exchange programs, and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- It awards scholarships and financial bursaries to students demonstrating exceptional academic achievement and artistic potential.
- Audain Foundation Annual Entrance Scholarships for BC-based Students, CIBC Award for Excellence Scholarship, Lloyd Williams Award, Maple Batalia Memorial Scholarship for the Arts, and Francisco de la Cajiga Entrance Scholarship are among the scholarships available.
Emily Carr, University of Art and Design’s ranking
QS WUR Ranking by Subject
|Art and Design||2022||2021||2020||2019||2018|
Courses at the university
Emily Carr, University of Art and Design, provides students with several programs in areas such as, fine arts, design, media studies, animation, and visual arts.
- In Liberal Arts, Design, and Visual Arts, the university offers 11 undergraduate courses and two postgraduate programs. The courses are available in full-time, part-time, and online formats.
- The university has collaborations with over 70 art and design schools across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. As exchange students, third-year students have the opportunity to study at these institutions for one semester.
- The university offers several part-time certificate programs in the arts and design. Emily Carr University also provides various minor programs, such as Curatorial Practice, Arts and Text, and others.
- A joint Master of Digital Media program is also available at the university.
- The Artist and Residence Program, Entrepreneurship course, UG Student Exchange, and other specialty courses are available at Emily Carr University of Art and Design.
- It also offers a variety of professional certificates, teen programs, and specialty courses in a variety of disciplines.
Here’s how to apply at Emily Carr University-
- Examine the academic eligibility requirements for your preferred courses and apply directly through the website portal.
- Students must use the EducationPlannerBC application services to apply. Register on the portal, fill out the form and pay the application fee.
- Prepare and submit the portfolio and supporting documentation. Students must directly send the documents to Emily Carr.
- When required, submit previous academic credentials and English proficiency test results.
The application fees for applying-
- UG- 70 USD
- PG- 100 USD
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of intent
- Video question
- Previous academic qualifications in the field
- Personal statement
- English language proficiency test scores
- Application form
- Application fee
Exams accepted at the university
Services offered at the university
The university’s Academic Center actively assists and guides students in finding the right career for them. Its services include reading and interpreting program evaluations, assisting with major or minor selection, and assisting with registration planning.
- The library at Emily Carr University of Art and Design houses a collection of books, academic journals, patents, and e-books. Students can access over 16,00,000 academic journals and approximately 19,000 e-books.
- Emily Carr University of Art and Design is a safe and secure environment that provides locker access, an emergency alert notification system during an emergency, and safe parking.
- The Caf and the Loafe Mini, a coffee kiosk, are among the campus dining options. They provide hot beverages, bottled drinks, and other services.
Tuition and fees
Emily Carr’s guiding principle is to provide equitable access to high-quality education. Its tuition is among the most affordable in Canada, and it continues to be Canada’s top art and design university (QS World Rankings, 2020, 2021).
|Credits||Tuition + Related Fees||Mandatory Fees||Total per Term|
Note- All students must pay mandatory fees such as UPass, Adobe Creative Suite, and LinkedIn Learning.
- Emily Carr University’s academic structure divides into four faculties, each of which offers eleven undergraduate degrees and two postgraduate programs. Degree programs in art, design, media, social science, sculpture, illustration, photography, communication design, and visual arts are available to students.
- It bestows scholarships and financial bursaries on students who have excelled academically and artistically.
- Over 70 art and design schools in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have collaborations with the university.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Emily Carr, University of Art and Design. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this bog? Read next: All about the University of Oxford rankings & ratings
Q1. Is it challenging to get into Emily Carr University?
Answer- Emily Carr, University of Art and Design, has an acceptance rate of 48%. You can easily get admission with the necessary documents and scores.
Q2. Why is Emily Carr important to Canada?
Answer- Carr used the formal approach of modernism to build a personal language that reflected her powerful vision, drawing on the legacy of indigenous creators from the coastal area. She co-founded Canada’s first modern art movement with the Group of Seven.
Q3. Who are Emily Carr, University of Art and Design’s notable alumni?
Answer- Stan Douglas, a Canadian artist, Annie Liu, a Hong Kong-based Taiwanese actress, and E.J. Hughes, another Canadian artist, are some notable alumni of the university.