Table of Contents
About the University of Victoria
The University of Victoria (UVic) is one of British Columbia’s earliest post-secondary Canadian institutions. According to QS ranking, UVic is one of the top 500 colleges in the world, and five of its subject areas are among the top 200 for research. UVic is well-known for its co-op programs and provides over 200 undergraduate and graduate courses at various levels. Law and Human & Social Development are two of the most popular programs at the institution, with 100% and 96% placement rates, respectively. If the institution interests you, read about the University of Victoria fees and why you should study here.
Why study at the University of Victoria?
Here are the top 7 reasons to pursue education at the University of Victoria-
1. The stunning, modern structure, finished in 2016, includes 27 classrooms, an activity center, and learning resources. The UVic campus is just steps away from the buses, library, and main cafeteria.
2. UVic is a globally renowned research institution named the best in Canada in 2015 for international collaborations and scientific performance.
3. There’s a reason it is one of Canada’s biggest and most prestigious language schools. Its programs are enjoyable and educational, and it has the resources and expertise to help you accomplish your English learning objectives.
4. The ELC is a warm, supportive community that wants you to thrive. The teachers, Cultural Assistants, Homestay department, and registration employees collaborate to ensure you have the best possible experience.
5. Coffee socials, dances, karaoke evenings, Victoria tours, sports, and countless workshops are all included in ELC programs. Each exercise intends to be enjoyable and to help you improve your English outside of the classroom with the help of Cultural Assistants. In all programs, there is a range of optional activities offered.
6. Dormitories, leisure centers, swimming pools, a cinema, cafes, cafeterias, a pharmacy, a travel agency, a medical center, a bookstore, and a bus terminal are all available at UVic! Everything is ten minutes from the shore and a fifteen-minute bus ride from downtown.
7. In many programs, you can access additional academic tools such as the CALL facility, Study Centre, Pronunciation Clinic, and library. Your English program can be as rigorous as you want it to be.
Facts and figures
- Undergraduate and graduate students- 22,020
- Employees including 900 full-time faculty members- 5,000
- Patents filed to date- 580+
- Invention disclosures to date- 1,145+
- Start-up companies to date- 169
- Top-ranking university in North America for international research collaboration (Leiden, 2011-19)
University of Victoria’s ranking
- Ranks 301-350 World University Rankings 2023 by THE
- Ranks 12th Impact Rankings 2023 by THE
- Ranks 334 in Best Global Universities by US News 2023
- Ranks 13 in Best Global Universities in Canada by US News 2023
- Ranks 1st among the Canadian university for responsible consumption and production (2022 THE Impact Rankings)
- Ranks 1st in Canada for promoting Indigenous visibility (Maclean’s 2022)
- Ranks 1st among comprehensive universities in medical/science grants per faculty (Maclean’s 2023)
- Ranks 3rd among all Canadian universities in citation impact per faculty member (QS rankings, 2021)
Undergraduate tuition fees
|Undergraduate programs||International tuition feesOne term (CAD)||International tuition feeTwo terms (CAD)|
|Human and Social Development||$14,808||$28,973|
|All other undergraduate programs||$14,808||$28,973|
University of Victoria Graduate tuition fees
Graduate students at UVic do not pay course fees. Instead, they’ll pay a total degree program cost determined by their program. The university will divide the costs into fee installments levied in September, January, and May.
|Graduate programs||International graduate tuition fees|
|Double Degree Nursing & Health Informatics||$5,332|
|MA Child & Youth Care||$3,058|
|Master of Community Development||$3,697|
|Master of Global Business||$13,965|
|Master of Health Informatics Distributed Stream||$5,847|
|Master of Public Administration||$2,640|
|Master of Public Health||$3,200|
|MBA – Daytime||$11,182|
|MBA – Weekend||$7,470|
|MENG Telecommunications & Information Security||$10,350|
|Master of Counselling Psychology||$3,066|
|Master in Management||$12,750|
|Graduate MENG Applied Data Science||$13,088|
|MENG in Industrial Ecology||$8,670|
|MENG in Biomedical Systems||$10,608|
|Ph.D. in Business||$3,214|
|Ph.D. in Health Informatics||$7,537|
Law tuition fees
|Law program||International tuition feesOne term (CAD)||International tuition feeTwo terms (CAD)|
- The institution is in the lovely city of Victoria, which is unquestionably one of the best cities in Canada for international students. The University campus is located in a lush region and is one of the city’s largest. It has everything you need within a 10-minute drive and instantly feels like home.
- UVic provides a wide range of programs, including over 200 degrees, certificates, diplomas, and doctorate programs. It offers 80 undergraduate courses and more than 160 graduate courses.
- The university does not charge graduate students at UVic. Instead, your overall degree program cost will be determined by your program. The institution will split the costs into three fee installments, mainly in September, January, and May.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on the University of Victoria fees. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: 5 Sheffield Hallam University’s postgraduate courses that are worth your time
Q1. What is the University of Victoria’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The University of Victoria has an acceptance rate of 63%. You will need the necessary GPA and documentation for admission to the university.
Q2. What is the ranking for the Victoria University of Wellington?
Answer- Victoria University, Wellington, ranks 495th in the Best Global Universities.
Q3. Does the University of Victoria provide work-study opportunities?
Answer- For a work-study position, students must fulfill the eligibility requirements. The job study program is available from September to April each year. All students must have a valid Social Insurance Number before they start working at a work-study job.