Table of Contents
About Trier University
With 11,100 students, Trier University embraces the contrast—young, yet traditional. The university has an international orientation and regional roots. It lies on the outskirts of Germany but has the heart of Europe. The university’s award-winning green campus offers stunning views of the city and its surroundings. It is one of Germany’s most beautiful educational campuses due to its modern architecture and unique atmosphere.
As a member of the University of the Greater Region, This University allows students and faculty to study and conduct research in Metz, Nancy, Luxemburg, Liège, Kaiserslautern, and Saarbrücken.
Let us discuss Trier University in detail.
Trier University (German: Universität Trier) began in 1473 in the German city of Trier.
After the then-French administration in Trier closed it in 1798, the university reopened in 1970 after a 172-year hiatus. The new university campus lies atop Tarforst heights, an urban district on the city’s outskirts. There are six faculties at the university, with approximately 470 faculty members. In 2006, approximately 14,000 students matriculated, with 43.5% of the student body male and 56.5% female. International students made up approximately 15.5% of the student body.
The University of Trier has two campuses- campus I and campus II. There is a library, cafeteria, gym, laboratories, and student services on Campus I. Seminar/lecture rooms, among other things, can be found on Campus II. On campus, bi-national clubs provide programs based on students’ home cultures. There are also international societies for visiting and exchanging cultures.
Both university campuses are accessible by bus, bicycle, or foot, and all university facilities are on campus. All lecture halls, laboratories, libraries, athletic facilities, student housing, and other service units are also easily accessible.
There are various lodging options available, such as hostels and apartments.
Students must book accommodations online beginning with the following winter semester (beginning in August) and continuing through the following summer semester (end of January).
Apartments are available in single, double, and triple configurations, each with a mini-kitchen and a bathroom.
Students also have the option of staying off campus. Inexpensive rooms (short-term stay) are also available during unforeseen circumstances or emergencies.
Trier University divides its curriculum into six faculties- humanities, social sciences, economics, law, environmental sciences, and computer sciences.
Educational sciences, philosophy, psychology, nursing science
English studies, computational linguistics & digital humanities, literature, Japanese studies, classical philology, media studies, phonetics, romance studies, sinology, Slavic studies
History, art history, politics, classical archaeology, Egyptology, papyrology
Business administration, economics, social sciences, mathematics, computer sciences
Spatial and environmental sciences
Depending on a student’s expectations, Trier University offers a diverse range of courses to supplement their studies and beyond with a German perspective. Departmental coordinators can assist students in selecting the appropriate classes for their field of study.
Trier University accepts applications only through the university’s online application portal. The application portal will include a document checklist outlining which documents are required to support the application.
- An official copy of the university entrance qualification, including individual grade(German or English).
- Proof of knowledge of German language- level B1.
- Certificate of enrollment from the home university.
- Health insurance cover.
- Copy of passport.
- All documents must be officially certified and translated into either German or English.
- Certificate of qualification for university enrollment that includes a subject and grade overview.
- Other previously completed degrees (master’s, bachelor’s, etc.) and related experience
- Transcripts of university mark list.
- Document containing degree GPA (if not listed in the above document)
- TOEFL (80), Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), IELTS (6.0 or higher), and UNIcert III are all acceptable forms of proof of English language proficiency.
- Identity Card / Passport Copies
- Students have to pay a processing fee of 50 euros along with proof of payment.
- Chinese and Vietnamese applicants must submit an APS Certificate.
- The university has a 1009 rank in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Global Universities Rankings.
- It has a 1417 rank in the Center for World University Rankings’ Research Performance Rank (CWUR).
- According to a reliable source, Trier University has the 53rd position among the best universities.
- According to the Center for University Development (CHE), the University of Trier is one of the top three universities in Germany for master’s degrees in economics.
- Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer- Prime Minister of Saarland
- Dr. Jens Thiemer- Senior Vice President of BMW
- Heinrich Alt- Directorate of Federal Employment Office
- Thomas Dannenfeldt- CFO Deutsche Telekom
- Trier University is a member of the University of the Greater Region. It allows students and faculty to study and conduct research in Metz, Nancy, Luxemburg, Liège, Kaiserslautern, and Saarbrücken.
- The university has an award-winning green campus that offers stunning views of the city and its surroundings. The university’s modern architecture and unique atmosphere make it one of Germany’s most beautiful educational campuses.
- Based on a student’s expectations, Trier University offers diverse courses to supplement studies and beyond with a German perspective. Departmental coordinators also help students in choosing the appropriate classes for their study fields.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Trier University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Your handy guide to the University of Tulsa courses!
Q1. Is Trier University a public or private institute?
Ans- Trier University is a public educational institute.
Q2. Is education free of cost at Trier University?
Ans- Students don’t have to pay tuition fees for a study program at Trier University.
Q3. Is it difficult to get admission to Trier University?
Ans- The acceptance rate for Trier University is 48%, which means the chances of getting admission to this university are average compared to other universities.