Table of Contents
About Staffordshire University
Staffordshire University’s Stoke-on-Trent campus is a vibrant and welcoming community. It’s also convenient because it is right next to a mainline train station. The university also has some other strong connections, such as strong industry ties and a mission to provide educational opportunities for the next generation. The university leans toward digital innovation.
At the university’s Centre for Health Innovation in Stafford, you can use its nationally renowned clinical simulation suite, which utilizes virtual reality to bring scenarios to life. You can also specialize in trending career fields by studying at the London campus.
The university’s main goal is to make a difference in areas other than education. According to the 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 68% of its research is either world-leading or internationally excellent.
Staffordshire University is changing lives, communities, and societies. Let’s learn more about this revolutionary university.
Established in 1914, Staffordshire University was a polytechnic institution that got university status on June 16, 1992. The university is well-known for its innovative approach and has become a leader in vocational and academic teaching. It has innovative industry knowledge and offers student employability through its study programs.
Although the campus is expanding to provide more dynamic opportunities, the university is still proud of its roots in the great city of Stoke-on-Trent. Staffordshire University has been a driving force in the ceramic manufacturing and production industry in Stoke-on-Trent for over 100 years. The university is recognized worldwide for its exceptional postgraduate programmes in ceramics for small and mass manufacturing.
The university dedicates itself to deepening its connections with employers, culture, and industry in Stoke-on-Trent and beyond.
Why study at Staffordshire University?
- It is an excellent choice for international students, and it cares about your success. Staffordshire University will provide you with much more than just a degree.
- Its dedicated team in International Student Support will greet you warmly and offer you assistance
- Its modern facilities and digital emphasis will help you learn. You’ll also gain knowledge that will give you an advantage in the workplace, thanks to industry-leading research and experienced lecturers.
- Staffordshire University is a secure environment with everything you need nearby.
- It’s also an excellent starting point for exploring the rest of the United Kingdom.
The university offers-
- Excellent modern facilities and a strong emphasis on technology.
- A thriving and diverse student body from over 75 countries.
- On-campus English language assistance from our own team.
- A lower cost of living than in many parts of the United Kingdom.
The university has one main campus and four additional campuses in Stafford, London, Lichfield, and Shrewsbury, as well as extensive links with national, European, and transnational academic institutions.
The main campus lies in Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent. It primarily offers courses in law, business, sciences, applied computing, engineering, arts, design, games, journalism, and media production. The university divides its campus into two sections, one on College Road (the former County Cricket Ground) and the other on Leek Road. As part of a major redevelopment adjacent to the Stoke-on-Trent railway station, a Science Centre came into existence in 2012.
The Catalyst is a new £42 million building on the Leek Road campus. This 8,800 sqm, four-story building brought together the delivery of apprenticeships and skills in a flexible, high-quality, digitally enabled space to meet employer demands.
The Stoke campus also has its student nightclub, LRV (Leek Road Venue). This nightclub hosts a number of student nights throughout the week, but its main open nights are Wednesday and Friday.
The university provides a wide range of two-year ‘fast track’ degrees in fields such as business, law, and computer science. It places a strong emphasis on industrial skills. It has partnerships with prestigious global companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, as well as industry links with global leaders such as Amazon and Google.
Stoke-on-Trent is a culturally significant city in the United Kingdom with a rich industrial heritage and a creative artistic flair. Located just an hour’s drive from Liverpool and Manchester, Stafford University is home to many global businesses, including Vodafone and JCB.
Study areas available at Staffordshire University include-
|Acting and drama|
|Art and design|
|Biological and biomedical sciences|
|Education and teaching|
|English, creative writing and philosophy|
|Film and media|
|Health and social care|
|History, security and international relations|
|Music and sound|
|Operating department practice|
|Policing and investigation|
|Sport and exercise|
- 106th in the Times University Guide 2023
- 68th in the Guardian University Guide 2023
- Kevin Kilbane- Former football player
- Fatmir Besimi- Minister of Finance of North Macedonia
- Tom Smith- Musician
- Raimi Gbadamosi- British visual artist
- Matt Bloomfield- English football player
- Founded in 1914, Staffordshire University was a polytechnic institution, which later got a university status on June 16, 1992. The university is famous for its innovative approach and has become a leader in vocational and academic teaching.
- Stafford University has one main campus and four additional campuses in Stafford, London, Lichfield, and Shrewsbury. It also has extensive links with national, European, and transnational academic institutions.
- The university offers a wide range of two-year ‘fast track’ degrees in fields such as business, law, and computer science. It strongly focuses on industrial skills and has partnerships with top global companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, it also has industry links with global leaders such as Amazon and Google.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Staffordshire University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Your handy guide to Kasetsart University
Q1. How do I pay my fees at Staffordshire University?
Ans- Staffordshire University accepts payment in online mode via popular options, including bank transfer, credit, debit card, or eWallet.
Q2. Is Staffordshire University public or private?
Ans- Staffordshire University is a public research university in the English county of Staffordshire.
Q3. Does Staffordshire University offer scholarships for international students?
Ans- The university offers a variety of scholarships, such as the Smart Scholarship, and discounts to international students to assist with funding their studies.