Table of Contents
- About Kasetsart University (KU)
- Why study at Kasetsart University?
- Undergraduate programs (Bangkhen Campus)
- Life at Kasetsart University
- Sports facilities
- Swimming pool
- KU Health Fitness Center (Soon Keelah)
- Student facilities
- Key takeaways
About Kasetsart University (KU)
Kasetsart University has international recognition for academic excellence and world-class research. It is a driving force in mobilizing intellectual resources to assist the country in achieving sustainable development. Kasetsart University collects wisdom and knowledge and develops a diverse collection of information. It educates intelligent people, cares about the common good, and produces high-quality teaching and research.
Why study at Kasetsart University?
The university offers graduate studies, advanced research, academic development, and essential course services.
- The five campuses at the university are Kamphaeng Saen, Bangkhen, Sriracha, Chalermphrakiat Sakon Nakhon Province, and Suphan Buri Campus Establishment Project.
- All 31 faculties, two colleges, 18 research stations, nine institutes, four veterinary hospitals, and four radio stations are across these multiple campuses.
- Bangkhen campus is the university’s original and main campus, located in the lower northern zone of Bangkok. It is the university’s headquarters and a hub of advanced research and academic development.
- All students can access sports fields and courts with various modern facilities and machines. The university also built the Chulabhorn Walailak swimming pool, which Princess Chulabhorn inaugurated in 1978.
The main Bangken Campus, on 136 hectares of urban land, houses 15 faculties, two colleges, five academic support offices, four institutes, and one research center.
Kamphaeng Saen Campus
The Kamphaeng Saen Campus spans 1,272 hectares and is home to six faculties, three academic support offices, and one research center. The Center for Agricultural Biotechnology, Rice Science Center & Rice Gene Discovery Unit, and more centers are on this campus.
Chalermphrakiat Sakon Nakhon Province Campus
The primary goals of KU’s branch campuses have been to provide educational programs across the Kingdom. They built the campus to mark the Golden Jubilee of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s Accession to the Throne. The campus promotes Sakon Nakhon as an academic center for Thailand’s upper northeastern region. The campus offers educational and research support to the region’s royal projects and initiatives.
Sriracha Campus, located on Thailand’s eastern seacoast, focuses on expanding educational opportunities. It strives to promote economic and human resource development in the Kingdom’s eastern region. There are five faculties on campus and one academic support office.
Suphan Buri Campus Establishment Project
KU’s Suphan Buri campus has provided educational programs that meet national academic standards since 1999. The campus aims to become Thailand’s leading academic institution and develop learning and training programs that produce highly educated, well-trained graduates.
Undergraduate programs (Bangkhen Campus)
Take a look at the following bachelor’s degree programs-
- Tropical Agriculture
- Business Administration
- Communicative Thai Language for Foreigners
- Tourism Management
- Entrepreneurial Economics
- Integrated Chemistry
- Bioscience and Technology
- Polymer Science & Technology
- Aerospace Engineering (Double degree)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Digital Manufacturing and Robotics Integration Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Software and Knowledge Engineering
- Agro-Industrial Innovation and Technology
Management Sciences (Sriracha Campus)
- Finance and Investment
- International Business
- Strategic Digital Marketing & Branding
- Hospitality Industry Management
- Logistics Management
Life at Kasetsart University
Study-life balance is essential for students. The university provides many facilities to support students in academic and recreational activities.
- At Inseechandrasatitya Stadium, you have football, beach volleyball, and track and field. The short form for the stadium is Insee Chantara Satit Stadium or Sanarm Insee.
- You can play basketball, volleyball, badminton, and lawn tennis at the gymnasium. Fencing, boxing, and weight training are also available.
- At the Thepsatsatit (Tape Sart Satit) building, you have table tennis, Thai fencing, and shooting. However, the university is making way for the construction of the new Student Activities Building to promote student life.
The pool offers training facilities for swimmers of all levels, from beginners to national champions. To promote health and wellness in the community, the pools are also open to the public.
The pools have four types-
1. Typical swimming pool
It is suitable for competitive swimming (length 50 meters, width 25 meters, depth 1.80 meters)
2. Platforms for diving in a pool (20 meters in length, 18 meters in width, and 5 meters in depth)
3. Two training pools with a roof
It is suitable for beginners. (25 meters in length, 12 meters in width, and 80 centimeters in depth)
4. Swimming pool for advanced fitness or competitive training (length 25 meters, width 12 meters, depth of 1.2 meters)
KU Health Fitness Center (Soon Keelah)
The center offers various health and fitness services, including-
- Modern fitness equipment and body assessment tools
- Tennis and badminton courts
Some of the facilities are as follows-
- KU Main Library
- Food and drink
- Post Office
- Computer Services
- Shuttle Bus Service Routes
- The university manages its resources efficiently and participates in community development. It is accountable to society to ensure the country’s well-being and security.
- Kasetsart University dedicates to the task of acquiring and expanding intellectual knowledge. It thrives on academic wisdom, as well as ethical and moral excellence.
- It has Bangkhen, Kamphaeng Saen, Sriracha, and Chalermphrakiat Sakon Nakhon Province campuses. It offers sports facilities, a swimming pool, a fitness center, and more to improve student life.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on Kasetsart University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: What to expect while attending the University of Sassari
Q1. Does Kasetsart University teach in English?
Answer- The university teaches all of KU’s international/English programs in English. The university conducts other KU programs in Thai. Some KU Faculty Departments, such as Architecture and Environmental Studies, offer occasional English classes.
Q2. What is Kasetsart University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Kasetsart University’s acceptance rate is 34%. You can get admission to the university with the necessary scores and documents.
Q3. Is Bangkok a good place to live?
Answer- Bangkok is a safe and affordable city to live in. Most people come to Thailand to work as teachers because, to stay long-term, you must either have a work permit or be married to a Thai citizen to obtain a marriage visa.