Table of Contents
About Edith Cowan University
Edith Cowan University, or ‘ECU,’ is Western Australia’s newest university and one of the world’s best under-50-year-old universities.
ECU received a 5-star rating for undergraduate teaching quality for the 16th time in a row.
ECU is also Australia’s only university named after a woman. Edith Cowan (OBE) was a powerful and inspiring woman in Australia. She influenced the education course in Australia, allowing many people to obtain an education they could only dream of. She was also the first female member of Australia’s Parliament.
Why study at Edith Cowan University?
Edith Cowan University’s curriculum collaborates with the business world, and faculty members have extensive manufacturing expertise and affiliations. As a result, ECU graduates participate in educational internships, projects, field experiences, and collaboration operations as part of their curriculum.
The international research at ECU aims to improve people’s lives in Western Australia and beyond. ECU seeks to address significant issues by joining forces with communities, corporations, and federal agencies.
Here are a few reasons why you should study at Edith Cowan University-
- ECU is a pragmatic institution in Western Australia that steadily improves its standing.
- Perth is a metropolitan city, giving it a significant transition advantage.
- Following graduation from college, you can work at the Western Australian state legislature.
- Campus locations are safe and convenient.
- Western Australia is a prosperous Australian territory. Overseas students have more access and recruitment options.
- It provides internships and student programs with prestigious companies and colleges.
- Tuition is less expensive than in other institutes, and you can further reduce it through fellowships.
- ECU’s campuses provide multicultural, welcoming, and inclusive environments.
- As a modern university, the ECU is adaptable, versatile, and creative.
Study at ECU
ECU has over 31,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students and one of Australia’s most multicultural student populations. It welcomes approximately 7,000 international students from over 100 countries each year.
The teaching staff has a wealth of professional experience and connections. As a result, students can expect to gain the knowledge, skills, confidence, and even contacts required to succeed in life.
Many ECU courses have accreditations from national and international organizations. Students learn outside the classroom through practicum placements in real businesses or organizations, paid internships, and international study tours.
The university offers a diverse range of exciting and popular courses, many of which are available online, including subjects such as-
- Cyber security
- Music theatre
- Sports science
- Motorsports engineering
- Teacher education
- Environmental science
- Hospitality & tourism management
Eight schools at ECU deliver teaching and research, including the world-renowned Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, or WAAPA-
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Law
- Medical & Health Sciences
- Nursing & Midwifery
Students interested in pursuing academic studies in Australia can enroll in various undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and diploma programs at the ECU.
Aspirants can enroll by creating a profile online or through an ECU-approved intermediary.
- Portal for application- Online
- Admission deadline- July 10th (for both UG and PG courses)
- Official academic records (it provides information about current education, such as secondary schooling, industry/training accreditation, and so on)
- The introductory letter (it discusses the reasons for choosing the course as well as future objectives)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a professional/work/school reference)
- Work experience (at least five years of experience)
- Scores for English proficiency
The Student Centre is the first point of contact for any academic queries, which include-
- Curriculum information and feedback
- Assistance with registration
- Assistance in continuing your studies after a deferment or suspension.
- Assignment completion deadline guidance
- Extension petition guidance
- Finding potential graduates
- Learning support services
- Help with uploading credentials
Medical services are available at ECU’s Joondalup and Mount Lawley campuses. They assist students with medical insurance issues by providing medical professionals (physicians), nursing assistants, and allied hospital services.
Among the services available are-
- Consultation with a doctor
- Sports medicine and pre-employment medical
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Pregnancy blood tests and contraceptive recommendations
- University archives contain extensive collections of books and articles, as well as bibliographic databases and research analysis.
ECU scholars and alumni are among the best in the world, with many holding important community positions. Their extraordinary achievements get recognition with awards, bursaries, fellowships, and honors throughout Australia and beyond.
Campus life- It provides three locations in Western Australia, each with a trendy, lively environment for reading and research. The centers offer computer networking, 24/7 access to ICT facilities, and a library with accessible study rooms after work hours. It has a comfortable environment for you to read, whether alone or with other students.
Student support- The Student Association advocates for all students by providing facilities that protect students’ interests and increase their familiarity with ECU. The association informs the institution about academic problems and limitations and provides social assistance and programs.
Sports activities- Advanced, well-stocked sports, entertainment, and gym facilities are on the Joondalup, Mount Lawley, and South West (Bunbury) campuses.
Students and faculty have low-cost gym registrations, recreational night athletic events, facility rentals, and unique event options.
- ECU ranks among the world’s top 100 universities and 5th for its undergraduate teaching quality.
- The university has three campuses in Western Australia, each providing a modern, vibrant environment for study and learning. It also commits to environmental preservation by reducing the carbon footprint and encouraging sustainable community development.
- You’ll find excellent facilities to enhance your university experience no matter which campus you study at or even if you study online. Aside from cafes, taverns, ATMs, bookshops, gyms and sports centers, and libraries, numerous other services are available.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on Edith Cowan University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: A Beginner’s Guide to Staffordshire University
Q1. What is Edith Cowan University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Edith Cowan University has an acceptance rate of 63%.
Q2. What is the minimum IELTS requirement for Edith Cowan University?
Answer- Students must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher, with no band lower than 6.0, for admission to Edith Cowan University.
Q3. Is Joondalup a good area?
Answer- Joondalup is an excellent location for both living and working. You can find a train station, two shopping malls, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup Health Campus, North Metro TAFE, and hundreds of other businesses in the suburbs.