Table of Contents
About the University of Westminster
Established 180 years ago as the first polytechnic in London, it is among the first in the United Kingdom to educate London’s working people. Today, it continues building on this reputation by assisting students from various backgrounds to reach their full potential. The university has more than 19,000 students in its undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional programs. Want to learn more about the University of Westminster courses? Before that, let’s find out why people want to study at the University of Westminster.
Why study at the University of Westminster?
The University of Westminster ranks 1498th in Best Global Universities. Here are a few reasons to study at the University of Westminster-
- As a student here, you can access everything London offers. The university’s central London location gives students easy access to the city’s many cultural attractions. A recent £20 million investment in its facilities has enabled Westminster to provide fully-equipped sports facilities to students.
- Students from all walks of life and from all over the world are welcome.
- The university ranked 4th in the UK and 32nd worldwide for ‘International Outlook’ according to the Times Higher Education Young University Ranking in 2020.
- You will have access to various opportunities, tools, resources, and dedicated career support throughout your studies with the university.
- Numerous initiatives and schemes are also available to assist you in developing transferable skills, networking with potential employers, and preparing for the ever-changing job market.
- Close relationships with industry and professional organizations allow you to work with and learn from leading industry employers.
- The university partners include large corporations, SMEs, and charities that provide students with internships and work experience.
The University of Westminster’s ranking
|QS World University Rankings||2023||2022||2021||2020||2019|
Language courses at the University of Westminster
The benefits of learning foreign languages multiply as the world becomes more globalized. Bilingualism seems to be the most valuable skill in today’s world. You are correct if you are considering learning a foreign language. You can blossom into the impressive polyglot you desire.
Foreign language study is about communicating and connecting with others. It is a crucial life skill that will help you interact.
The University of Westminster offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and short-term courses. Language is a fascinating subject. We will look at the undergraduate full-time language courses at the University of Westminster.
The course will help you achieve a good or high level of linguistic competence in Arabic across all four skill areas (listening, speaking, writing, and reading). It will also improve your English skills, linguistic and cultural knowledge, and language understanding.
You will be able to work in various cultural settings and acquire the cognitive and transferable skills required for lifelong personal and professional development.
- Arabic and English Language BA Honours
- Arabic and Global Communication BA Honours
- Arabic and Global Communication with Foundation BA Honours
- Arabic and International Business BA Honours
- Arabic and International Relations BA Honours
- Arabic and Linguistics BA Honours
The course allows you to study both Chinese and English languages and also the cultures in an integrated interdisciplinary manner, examining their connections and the larger historical and cross-cultural contexts.
The Chinese and International Relations course focuses on governance, democracy, and human rights issues while preparing competent Chinese linguists for graduate school.
Although the university uses lectures, tutorials, practical sessions, seminars, and workshops in the classroom, most of your learning will occur outside the classroom (individually and in groups) in the library, at home, and through online learning.
Examples of assessment methods include essays, exams, individual and group presentation projects, and critical analysis.
- Chinese and English Language BA Honours
- Chinese and English Literature BA Honours
- Chinese and Global Communication BA Honours
- Chinese and Global Communication with Foundation BA Honours
- Chinese and International Business BA Honours
- Chinese and International Relations BA Honours
- Chinese and Linguistics BA Honours
You’ll follow an integrated curriculum emphasizing applied language skills, cultural studies, and rigorous development of your French skills in all areas.
You can spend an entire academic year abroad at a partner institution and in an approved form of employment in a country where French is the official language. Each year, you can also study an optional module from a wide range of topics offered by the university.
- French and English Language BA Honours
- French and English Literature BA Honours
- French and Global Communication BA Honours
- French and Global Communication with Foundation BA Honours
- French and International Business BA Honours
- French and International Relations BA Honours
- French and Linguistics BA Honours
- Translation (French) BA Honours
- Translation (French) with Foundation BA Honours
You can spend a year abroad in a Spanish-speaking country. The tutorial modules provide individual academic support. Through the Languages Plus program, you can practice one-on-one conversation with a native speaker. Combine Spanish and English to improve your skills in both subjects. Learn the English language from world experts in language and English history.
- Spanish and English Language BA Honours
- Spanish and English Literature BA Honours
- Spanish and Global Communication BA Honours
- Spanish and Global Communication with Foundation BA Honours
- Spanish and International Business BA Honours
- Spanish and International Relations BA Honours
- Spanish and Linguistics BA Honours
- Translation (Spanish) BA Honours
- Translation (Spanish) with Foundation BA Honours
- The University of Westminster’s language courses aim to produce graduates with strong communication and organizational skills, as well as flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work collaboratively and autonomously.
- The course’s language skills will enable you to develop the interlingual and intercultural competencies associated with an international outlook and global citizenship.
- Many courses offer international study and work experiences, and the university offers other global opportunities to all students. No matter what you’re studying, you’ll have the opportunity to travel abroad.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on the University of Westminster courses. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Reda next: A Beginner’s Guide to Staffordshire University
Q1. What is the University of Westminster’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The acceptance rate at the University of Westminster is 72%. You can easily get admission to the university with the necessary documents and scores.
Q2. Does the University of Westminster provide any short courses?
Answer- Access to Architecture Summer School, Accredited Professional Scrum Master, Air Traffic Management, Air Transport Marketing, and Regional and Low-Cost Air Transport are some of the University of Westminster’s short courses.
Q3. What is the University of Westminster’s ranking in the UK?
Answer- The university ranks 89th in the Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom.