Table of Contents
- Benefits of studying courses after 12 in Canada
- Advantages of studying in Canada after 12th
- The education system to study in Canada after 12th
- Eligibility and requirements to study in Canada after 12th
- Most sought-after courses to study in Canada after 12th
- Popular Arts Courses in Canada After 12th
- Popular Commerce Courses in Canada After 12th
- Best Science Courses in Canada After 12th
- Admission process for studying in Canada after 12th
- Key takeaways
Benefits of studying courses after 12 in Canada
Canada offers many perks to international students who want to start their career abroad, including a student-friendly environment, a wide variety of programs, hi-tech institutions, affordable tuition fees, living expenses, and excellent international exposure. Canada, a member of the prestigious G-7 countries, is internationally renowned for its industrial excellence and advanced education system. The country is nothing short of a paradise for international students looking to start their careers after high school, as it provides an array of diploma, bachelor’s, and master’s courses in various fields. So, if you plan to study in Canada, check out this list of courses in Canada after 12 that you should consider.
Advantages of studying in Canada after 12th
Approximately 1.37 million Indians live in Canada. This large Indian population studies and works in Canada after the 12th grade. It can be very reassuring for Indian students.
Apart from that, there are additional benefits to studying in Canada.
Academic excellence- There are approximately 26 top universities in Canada for students who wish to study after the 12th grade. Canada focuses on student success and development, from research universities to colleges.
Affordability- Studying in Canada is quite affordable after the 12th grade. For international students, the fee for a bachelor’s degree in Canada ranges from 5500 CAD to 30,000 CAD.
Canadian Culture- Canadians are fun-loving people who believe in living life to the fullest. Various fun events, student communities, and other cultural activities entertain students in Canada.
The education system to study in Canada after 12th
Choosing the right course, degree/certificate, and University or College to study at is an important decision.
So, let’s take a quick look at Canada’s secondary education system.
Remember that Canada distinguishes between university and college education, so the courses and their relevancy might differ.
You can earn a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree at a Canadian university.
Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Postgraduate Diplomas, and other degrees are also available at Canadian colleges.
Eligibility and requirements to study in Canada after 12th
1. 12th Grade
International students must have completed 10+2 years of education abroad to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Canada. A minimum of 65% is required for admission to a good Canadian university.
2. IELTS Score
To study undergraduate courses at universities in Canada, you will have to prove your English proficiency. A minimum of 6.5 overall IELTS score is required to get admission to Canadian universities. Also, your band scores should be a minimum of 6 to study in Canada. Some universities accept applications without an IELTS test score. Check out the official website of your desired university to get more information about their eligibility requirements.
A Statement of Purpose (SOP) is a document you submit to universities abroad. An SOP expresses your accomplishments, qualifications, hobbies, and other interests in pursuing higher education in a specific field. To study a bachelor’s course in Canada, write a concise SOP that reflects your personality.
Letters of recommendation are an excellent way to inform a university about your expertise and interest in a particular field. Your mentors’ letters of recommendation about your sincerity and character will help you impress your desired Canadian university admission council.
5. A current passport and a student visa
Studying abroad is only possible with a valid passport and a student visa. You will need a Canadian study permit to pursue your studies in Canada. Before applying to universities in Canada, make sure you have your passport along with all the other documents.
Most sought-after courses to study in Canada after 12th
Following the 12th grade, several top undergraduate courses are available in Canada at universities and colleges. Make sure you choose courses in Canada after the 12th that interest you. Choose subjects that will lead you to the career you want to pursue.
Popular Arts Courses in Canada After 12th
- BA English
- BA Economics
- BA Sociology
- BA Psychology
- BA in Political Science
- BA History
- BA Geography
- Bachelor of Arts and Cultural Studies
- BA Public Administration
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Bachelor’s in Fashion Designing
- Bachelor in Journalism
- Bachelor’s in Digital Media
Popular Commerce Courses in Canada After 12th
- BCom (Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Taxation, Advertising)
- BCA or Bachelor of Computer Applications
- BA LLB
- Bachelor in Cost Accounting
- Bachelor in HR Management, Business Administration, and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Foreign Trades
- Company Secretary
- Accountancy Courses
- Bachelor of Economics
Best Science Courses in Canada After 12th
BE/ B. Tech
Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch)
BCA (IT and Software)
BSc. (IT and Software)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical and Material Science Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Mining Engineering
- Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing
Admission process for studying in Canada after 12th
The admission process for a bachelor’s degree is quite simple in Canada. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, you can apply online through the university’s official website by creating a student account.
Every year, Canada has three intakes- In the fall (September), winter (January), and summer (May).
To apply to Canadian universities for a bachelor’s degree, you must-
- Examine the prerequisites for your desired course and university.
- Take the necessary IELTS, GMAT/GRE, and SAT tests.
- Apply online at the university’s official website.
- While you wait for the university’s response, some admissions committees may want to schedule an interview with you.
- Once you have received confirmation of your bachelor’s admission, you can complete the necessary formalities to obtain a Canada study permit and travel.
The eligibility criteria might change from one university to another.
- Canada provides many benefits, such as a student-friendly environment, various courses, affordable tuition fees, and diverse culture.
- Students need to fulfill basic entry requirements to study in Canada. Students must submit their 12th-grade mark sheet, IELTS score, SOP, and LOR. students must also carry a passport and visa to reside in Canada.
- After 12th grade, you can choose from several top undergraduate courses available in Canada. Ensure that you choose courses that are suitable for you. Choose the subjects that will help you succeed in the career you want to pursue.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on courses in Canada after 12. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Guelph | Rankings, courses, and campus
Q1. Which are the best courses in Canada?
Ans- The best courses to study in Canada are Information Technology, Engineering, Biosciences, Medicine and Healthcare, MBA, Media and Journalism, Earth Sciences and Renewable Energy, Agricultural Science and Forestry, and Human Resources.
Q2. Which job sector has a high demand in Canada?
Ans- Careers in healthcare, technology, and science are in high demand nationwide. Many healthcare professions are in high demand due to the Covid-19 pandemic, with many provinces holding targeted PNP draws to invite more healthcare workers to Canada.
Q3. Which are the management courses to pursue in Canada after the 12th?
Ans- Management courses that you can pursue in Canada after the 12th are BBA (Supply Chain Management), BBA (HR Management), BBA (Accounting), BBA (Finance), BBA (Retail Management), and BBA (Marketing).
See what others are saying
Pharmacy ka future kaise hai canada me
After 12 direct go to pharmacy in canada with maths
One of our counselors will get in touch with you soon!
All the best.
You can also contact us-
Phone +91 9145332283