Table of Contents
- Credentials evaluation by WES
- How to apply for a WES evaluation?
- Documents required for the WES credit evaluation
- Types of WES evaluation
- How much does the WES evaluation cost?
- How long does it take to receive the WES evaluation?
- Which Indian universities are recognized by the WES in the United States and Canada?
- Key takeaways
WES is one of the major credential evaluation services in the United States and Canada, making it easier for educational institutions and companies to understand and accept credentials. This examination will offer you academic equivalents for your credentials, allowing you to further your study or seek employment in these countries. The United States and Canada accept the WES evaluations. It is the largest and one of the oldest evaluation services and a NACES founding member (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services).
Credentials evaluation by WES
If you have completed your education outside the United States or Canada and desire to study or work in these countries. In that case, a WES credit examination will help you make the proper decision by educating you on how your academic qualifications perceive in the United States and Canada. This information can help you apply to institutions that are a good fit for your academic background.
If you are seeking work in these countries, this assessment will help you identify the positions for which you have the necessary educational background.
How to apply for a WES evaluation?
Step 1- Apply to WES online and obtain a reference number.
Step 2- Gather all relevant documents and submit them to WES with the complete payment in the form of a DD in a sealed envelope in the format specified on the WES website. WES does not accept documents submitted by students, agents, or others. The WES staff reviews and validates the documents as soon as they arrive. They proceed to the review procedure after verification.
Step 3- WES distributes the report to the institutions you specify once complete evaluation.
Documents required for the WES credit evaluation
In the United States and Canada, the list of required documents varies depending on your country of education, type of education, and so forth. Check the WES website for a list of the required documents based on your specifications.
The following are some of the important documents
- Degree certificate, final or provisional
- Annual performance report
- If you have a Master of Engineering, Master of Education, Master of Technology, or Master of Philosophy, you do not need to send your undergraduate degree documents.
- If your master’s degree does not fall into one of the above categories, you must also provide your bachelor’s degree documents.
- The documents must be dated and sealed in a sealed envelope, signed or stamped across the rear flap by the college’s designated authenticity officer.
- If the envelope is unsealed or the stamp or signature across the back flap is absent, WES will reject it immediately.
- The college registrar must also sign the Academic Records Request form, enclosed in the same sealed envelope as your transcripts.
Types of WES evaluation
WES provides three different sorts of evaluations
Document-by-Document-This evaluation includes a summary of your academic credentials, including your name, the name of the university you attended, the year you graduated, and your major topic of study.
It also offers the corresponding credential in the United States and Canada for each credential.
Course-by-Course Evaluation- This evaluation covers all the information provided in the Document-by-Document appraisal and a list of all post-secondary courses and their associated value in US/Canada grade equivalents.
CPA Evaluation- This evaluation is helpful for Certified Public Accountant exam candidates.
How much does the WES evaluation cost?
A WES Course-by-Course evaluation will cost you $163, and a Document-by-Document evaluation will cost you $102.
Extra fees apply if a student requires expedited service or express delivery.
How long does it take to receive the WES evaluation?
- WES usually completes the review procedure within 7 business days, depending on the type of service requested by the student.
- WES may take longer to review for extra verification, research, or correspondence.
- It is usually best to begin the procedure as soon as possible to ensure that your evaluation report is on time.
Which Indian universities are recognized by the WES in the United States and Canada?
WES does not have a list of institutions. However, if you have attended a legitimately accredited and recognized institution in India, WES US/Canada would most likely evaluate your documents.
It is simple to see how significant WES evaluation is for students who desire to study or work in the United States/Canada. You can use the WES GPA calculator to estimate your academic performance based on grade equivalents in the United States and Canada. WES is a reliable source to evaluate your grades and your prospects of admission to your desired university.
- WES is one of the most renowned evaluation services in the United States and Canada. Evaluations provided by WES make it easier for educational institutions and companies to understand and accept credentials.
- WES evaluation is when you want to apply for a job or a course in the US or Canada. All you have to do is apply for a WES evaluation online, submit your documents, and once your grades are evaluated, you will be able to study or work in the US or Canada.
- There are 3 types of WES evaluation. Document-by-document evaluation includes a summary of your academics, Course-by-course evaluation information provided in documents, and the relevance of secondary courses in the US and Canada. CPA is for Certified Public Accountant Exam candidates.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on WES evaluation. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: White revolution in India – Operation flood
Q1. How long is WES valid?
Ans-WES ECA is valid for five years from the date of issue, and you can use it to apply for a new Express Entry profile. Your Express Entry profile is valid for one year after you submit it to the IRCC.
Q2. Do we need WES for Canada PR?
Ans-Yes, WES is essential for Canadian PR through Express Entry.
This criterion is waived for candidates who choose the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Canadian Experience Class Program (CEC).
Q3. How do I pay the WES fee?
Ans-You can pay with a credit card, a debit card (in most circumstances, but please check with your bank), a Western Union wire transfer, or a personal check or money order (which will allow you to pay after you have submitted your application).