Table of Contents
- Top 5 universities for App Development courses
- App Development- Career opportunities
- Key Takeaways
App development is the technical and creative process of designing applications that people can use on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. It is estimated that there are close to 6.3 billion smartphone users worldwide! This has propelled the mobile app industry to exponential heights.
In addition, it is estimated that the field will reach a valuation of USD 935 billion by 2023. In case you want to become a part of this specialized industry, consider pursuing a relevant app development course from a top university. So, here are the top 5 universities abroad offering reputed app development courses!
Top 5 universities for App Development courses
1. Federation University Australia (Australia)
- Federation University (Australia) offers a reputed Bachelor of Information Technology (IT) course, with a specialized mobile app development subject.
- This is a 3-year course that offers students flexibility in stand-alone core subjects.
- As a student of this app decelopment course, you will develop a wide range of academic, communication, problem-solving, and programming skills. Nevertheless, these skills are in great demand in the IT and mobile app development fields.
- Participation in the engagement course can also give you the opportunity to create a valuable network of like-minded professionals.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS) has also accredited this program at the professional level.
2. Stanford University (United States)
- Stanford University offers a ‘CS193p – Developing Applications for iOS’ app development course in a series of short, pre-recorded lectures. Moreover, the official YouTube channel of Stanford University deliver these lecture online.
- Also, you will be trained on SwiftUI, using the software to develop different kinds of applications.
- In order to facilitate your learning online, you will be given reading and programming assignments from the second lecture onwards.
- Additionally, a specialized lecture places emphasis on the architectural paradigm beneath the development of applications.
- This will give you an in-depth understanding of the Swift programming language and its type of system.
- Besides, you will get access to bonus lectures that cover Picker as a language for app development.
3. University of Limerick (Ireland)
- The University of Limerick offers a 1-year, part-time certification course in Secure Mobile Applications Computing.
- As a student of this app development course, you will be able to develop stand-alone and functioning applications (primarily with Java).
- Additionally, training will be provided to you to develop web-based applications using languages such as-
- MS-SQL Server
- Thus, the course covers all relevant skills needed in programming mobile and web-based applications.
- Moreover, to deliver course material, the university has an online Learning Management System (LMS) with a series of scheduled and pre-recorded workshops & tutorials.
- With the assignments provided, you will also gain the opportunity to develop practice-based skills throughout the year. This can not only help you put together a portfolio for current but potential employers as well.
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (United States)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers an online version of a mobile app development course designed to train students in the creation of applications for Android and iOS.
- As a student of this course, you will be able to complete all relevant material in a span of 10 weeks.
- You can also opt for a verified certificate after the completion of this app development course, at a cost of USD 49.
- Moreover, the course emphasizes location technologies and how performant applications can be built by utilizing location service.
- The 5 modules divide this course, which are as follows-
- 1st Module- Domain to App Idea
- 2nd Module- Mobile App Design
- 3rd Module- Building Mobile Applications
- 4th Module- Understanding Use of Applications
- 5th Module- Reporting Research Findings
5. Liverpool John Moores University (United Kingdom)
- Liverpool John Moores University offers a full-time, 1-year course in Computing and Information Systems with an emphasis on app development.
- Professors who are currently active in research deliver this course.
- As a student of this course, you will also have the opportunity to complete a novel research project in a niche of your choice.
- Nevertheless, the state-of-the-art teaching facilities and laboratories make the university worthwhile. Students are, therefore, trained in all aspects of the field.
- Thus, with this app development course, you will be able to explore different issues surrounding information technology and mobile app development.
- Besides that, you will hone skills such as problem-solving, analytical, creative, research skills, etc.
App Development- Career opportunities
From creating exclusive and imaginative applications to excellent remuneration, app development is a remarkable field to consider. A professional app developer will be able to perform the following tasks-
- Plan a mobile application strategy.
- Describe all technical requirements.
- Create a prototype with a UX/UI designer.
- Perform front-end and back-end coding segments.
- Assure quality of the application.
- Publish the application to global app stores.
- Assure regular maintenance with updates and new releases.
- The app development industry is growing at an exponential rate and is estimated to reach a value of USD 935 billion by 2023.
- A skilled app developer will be able to perform a series of tasks to publish as well as promote helpful mobile device applications.
- From creative exploration to excellent remuneration, the benefits of a career in app development are plenty!
- Therefore, pursuing a relevant app development course from a reputed university can be a great way to develop the skills needed in this field.
If you are confused about choosing the right university for you, then we can help! You just need to reach out to us or drop a comment below!
Q1. When were applications first created?
Answer- Steve Jobs created a basic version of applications around 1983.
Q2. What are the different kinds of mobile applications?
Answer- There are several kinds of mobile applications, including native apps, hybrid apps, and HTML5 apps.
Q3. What is cross-platform app development?
Answer- Cross-platform app development allows developers to write applications once before releasing the same to all kinds of platforms. These include Windows, Android, and iOS.