Table of Contents
- Software Engineering – The Definition
- Specialized fields in software engineering
- Syllabus for the certificate in software engineering
- Software engineering syllabus – (Bachelors)
- Diploma in Software Engineering Syllabus
- Syllabus for BTech software engineering
- Software engineering syllabus – (Masters)
- Career opportunities in software engineering
- Best universities
It deals with a vast range of applications, from mathematical computations to artificial intelligence (AI). Yet, as the company grows, new challenges arise and you need skilled software engineers to fix them.
Technology and software applications are part of every sector. The need for software engineers has grown exponentially. Hence, software engineering continues to be one of the most popular career paths among aspirants. Now, let’s explore more about Software Engineering subjects.
Software engineering is the process of assessing and mapping a user’s needs. Following this a software application is developed based on those client requirements.
The software development process involves various stages like-
Specialized fields in software engineering
- Configuration Management
- Engineering Management
- Development Process.
- Engineering Tools
What is a software engineering course? Software engineering is a vast topic that encompasses courses on practically every element of computers. The ability to effectively use computer sciences is the most common trait they share, although you might obtain experience in everything from data analysis to technical assistance.
Consider your professional objectives and areas of specialization before enrolling in a degree in this field. Software Engineering subjects and courses are available at the Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral levels.
- Certificate in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Software Engineering
- BE Software Engineering
- BTech Software Engineering
- ME Software Engineering
- MTech Software Engineering
- Ph.D. in Software Engineering
Syllabus for the certificate in software engineering
- Web Development with HTML & CSS
- Advanced HTML & CSS
- Flexbox, Grid, & Bootstrap
- Web Developer Tools: Git & Coding Tips
- React Development Bootcamp
- NoSQL Databases with MongoDB
- Web Development Industry & Portfolio
- Python Programming Bootcamp
- Python Web Development with Django
Software engineering syllabus – (Bachelors)
Bachelor of Engineering in Software Engineering (B.E. Software Engineering) is a Computer Engineering undergraduate study.
It is the process of developing, operating, and maintaining software using a systematic and disciplined manner. Understanding system requirements, establishing acceptable engineering compromises, effective design, coding, and testing techniques are all covered in the Bachelor of Engineering in Software program.
The course combines a strong technical focus on the project with a chance to exercise engineering knowledge, skills, and practices with a genuine client in a realistic development scenario. The program lasts four years and consists of eight semesters.
Diploma in Software Engineering Syllabus
- Basic Mathematics
- Basic Physics
- Information & Communication Technology
- Problem Solving & Program Design
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Basic Chemistry
- Basic Electronics
- Fundamentals of Linux OS
- Programming in C
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Peripherals Hardware and Maintenance
- Web Page Design
- Fundamentals of Data Structures
- Digital Techniques & Microprocessor Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming I
- Environmental Studies
- Data Structures & Files
- Computer Network
- Database Management System I
- Object-Oriented Programming II
- Java Programming
- Operating System
- Database Management System II
- Web Application Development
Syllabus for BTech software engineering
|English||Personality Development I|
|Mathematics I||Computer Literacy|
|Basic Engineering I||Workshop Practice & Engineering Graphics|
|Value Education||Personality Development II|
|Biology for Engineers||Programming in C|
|Principles of Environmental Science||Engineering Graphics or Workshop Practice|
|Basic Engineering II||–|
|Digital Computer Fundamentals||–|
|German Language Phase I |
Japanese Language Phase I
French Language Phase I
(You have to choose one of the above)
|Personality Development III|
|Mathematics III||Data Structures & Algorithms Lab (C++)|
|Computer Organization and Architecture||–|
|Data Structures and Algorithms||–|
|Software Engineering Principles||–|
|German Language Phase II|
Japanese Language Phase II
French Language Phase II
(You have to choose one of the above)
|Personality Development IV|
|Probability and Queuing Theory||Operating Systems Laboratory|
|Operating Systems||Computer Skills|
|Discrete Mathematics||Personality Development V|
|Computer Networks||Software Development Laboratory|
|Software Project Management||Networking Laboratory|
|Theory of Computation||–|
|Software Testing||Industrial Training I|
|Principles of Compiler Design||Software Testing Laboratory|
|Database Management Systems||Personality Development VI|
|Software Metrics||Software Component Laboratory|
|Industrial Management and Economics||Internet Programming Laboratory|
|Software Quality Management||Industrial Training II|
Theory– Elective IV, V & VI
Software engineering syllabus – (Masters)
A postgraduate Software Engineering course is known as M.E. Software Engineering or Master of Engineering in Software Engineering. The use of a systematic, disciplined, quantitative approach to the creation, operation, and maintenance of software, as well as the study of these techniques, is referred to as software engineering.
M.E. (Software Engineering) is a two-year programme that varies depending on the rules of individual institutes. Diverse areas of software engineering will be examined from various perspectives during the course.
M.E. (Software Engineering) is a degree programme provided by several institutes around the country. The course is worthwhile since it opens up a wide range of job opportunities for those who complete it.
- Applied Probability and Statistics
- Software Risk Management and Maintenance
- Advances in Software Engineering
- Formal Models of Software Systems
- Advanced Data Structure and Algorithms
- Energy-Aware Computing
- Software Requirements and Design Laboratory
- Advanced Data Structures Laboratory
- Software Project Planning and Management
- Software testing
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Software Metrics and Quality Assurance
- Software Testing Laboratory
- Socially Relevant Mini Project
- Software Design Patterns
- Information Retrieval Techniques
- XML and Web Services
- Software Documentation
- Project – Part I
- Project – Part II
Career opportunities in software engineering
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Development Engineer
- Director Quality Engineering
- Independent Consultants
- Project Manager
- Information Systems Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Software Designers
- Systems Designers
- Software Programmers
- University of Oxford
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Cambridge
- ETH Zürich
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Harvard University
- The field of software engineering is projected to grow considerably in the next few years.
- The area of information technology has expanded its horizons across the globe. Software engineering experts have expanded their horizons as well.
- Software engineers and developers are in great demand across the world. Companies in both the public and commercial sectors are hiring software engineers.
- To pursue a career in software engineering, you need to complete your 12th grade in science stream.
We hope you found this blog informative. Don’t forget to comment below and share your thoughts! You can also get in touch with us if you have any doubts.
Liked this blog? Read: 7 hottest Engineering courses for a successful career abroad
- Which topics should I read in 11th and 12th grade if I want to become a software engineer?
Answer- To pursue a career in software engineering, you should be from the Science stream. With physics, chemistry, maths as primary subjects in your 11thand 12th grade.
2. Which are the best software engineering subjects?
Answer- Most significant areas to study in software engineering are computing and information technology. Although other technical courses like physics and design technology may also be valuable.
3. Which field is best in software engineering?
Answer- Data Scientist is termed as the top career profile in software engineering.