Table of Contents
MBBS in Germany – Quality education & affordable cost
Every year, students from various countries travel to Germany to pursue MBBS because of the high-quality medical education and engaging learning atmosphere. Numerous universities in Germany offer postgraduate programs leading to an MBBS. Certain universities provide free medical education in exchange for scholarship recipients.
MBBS in Germany fees
Studying in Germany has several advantages, including affordable housing and free education at public universities. Regarding the price of an MBBS in Germany, the tuition for Indian students at medical there ranges from 6,000 EUR to 15,000 EUR per year. The average annual cost of living in Germany is between 700 and 950 EUR.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Germany
- For overseas students interested in MBBS, Germany offers the most affordable education opportunities at renowned medical institutions.
- Medical institutions and programs provided by German universities are internationally recognized.
- German facilities are of the highest caliber, as are the medical equipment and technology.
- It is renowned for being the pioneer in medical technologies.
- Beginning in their second year, students are able to work part-time. It aids in the planning of living expenses.
- Because Germany is a member of the European Union, they are free to relocate anywhere in Europe.
- The students can work quite easily in any other country after completing their MBBS degree.
- Foreigners are able to live permanently in Germany after working there for three years.
- Students might easily earn $50,000 per year after earning their medical degree. The opportunity to work in Europe is a gold mine for students.
MBBS Universities in Germany
- RWTH Aachen University
- Lubeck University
- Freie University of Berlin
- Heidelberg University
- Wurzburg University
- University of Göttingen
- Leipzig University
- University of Bonn
- Technical University of Munich
- Goethe University Frankfurt
Cost of living in Germany
The cost of living is next after the MBBS tuition in Germany. If you plan your costs carefully, you may manage the cost of living in Germany exceptionally effectively.
For international students, the average monthly cost of living in Germany is roughly 739 EUR. They could vary depending on several factors, such as-
Location of your study in Germany, the kind of housing you choose, and your lifestyle.
The estimated cost for an international student, as well as expenses for other
- Rent and Utilities – 330 EUR
- Meals – 200 EUR
- Clothing – 100 EUR
- Study material- 40 EUR
- Travel Expenditure- 100 EUR
- Internet – 30 EUR
- Leisure- 30 EUR
MBBS course duration in Germany
The leading universities in Germany require 7.5 years to complete the MBBS/MD program. Some institutions with affordable tuition don’t adhere to this strategy. The time needed is the same as in other European nations. Many students choose to study at the PG level in Germany after their MBBS.
- Students who earned a passing grade in biology in their 12th year can enroll in the MBBS program in Germany.
- Students who scored 60% or higher in biology, chemistry, and physics.
- They should be at least 17 years old.
- IELTS and TOEFL scores are required.
- One must pass the TestDaf test.
- A DSH (Deutsche Sprachprufung für den Hochschulzugang) or other German language test certificates, such as GDS and KDS, is required.
- The needed level is C1, but B2 is typically preferred in the German language.
- It is necessary to have a B1 German Certificate if the student enrolls in the preparatory course.
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) should check your documentation to verify if it meets the requirements imposed by the German medical school to confirm that your academic credentials are approved and acknowledged.
- Some admission exams may require students to show up.
- The applicant must possess a copy of a current passport.
- The applicant must be in good health to pursue an MBBS education.
- The applicant should have achieved the required NEET score.
- Because of the robust medical infrastructure and colleges, as well as the lower prices, studying MBBS in Germany is currently worthwhile for overseas students.
- The cost of living in Germany is also lower compared to US and UK, and there are many scholarships too for deserving students.
- The colleges in Germany are recognized worldwide by organizations like the WHO and MCI.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to contact us for more information on the topic. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: MBBS in the Netherlands – Colleges, eligibility, and process
Q1. Is MBBS free in Germany?
Ans: MBBS is not entirely free in Germany but in public universities, it is free of cost with only a mere amount to be paid for semester contributions.
Q2. Is there an English-language MBBS program in Germany or is it in German?
Ans: Despite the fact that German is the official language of most German medical institutes, they teach MBBS in English, which is highly convenient for overseas students.
Q3. Does Germany offer MBBS in English?
Ans: Yes, there are many institutes that offer the course in English, but even if the course is in the German language, it is free of cost and taught at the university itself.