Table of Contents
- What is MBA in Sports Management?
- Why should you study in Germany?
- Best universities for MBA in Sports Management in Germany
- University of Applied Sciences Europe
- IU International University of Applied Sciences
- EU Business School (Munich Campus)
- Munich Business School
- Key takeaways
Germany is a popular destination for international students. This is primarily due to the country’s many excellent universities, vibrant student life, and affordable funding options. Sports Management appears interesting, and with ideal conditions, an MBA in Sports Management in Germany will be a great career choice.
What is MBA in Sports Management?
A master of business administration (MBA) is a professional degree awarded to students who study business administration at a business school. Operations, marketing, finance, and accounting are the areas covered in analysis and strategy.
You can define Sports Management as the management of sports. A student enrolled in this program gains a solid business foundation and can apply various business theories and methods for Sports Management. Students who pursue an MBA in Sports Management will be prepared for high-level management positions in sports.
Why should you study in Germany?
With so many top-ranked universities and buzzing cities brimming with history, vibrant nightlife, and art galleries, it’s no surprise that thousands of young international students are choosing to study in Germany. Germany has recently become one of the international students’ most popular study destinations. Here are some reasons why.
- Outstanding universities
- English-taught programs
- Practice-orientated studies
- Social life
- Lower tuition fees
- Affordable cost of living
Best universities for MBA in Sports Management in Germany
University of Applied Sciences Europe
Program name- MSc International Sport & Event Management
The sports and events industry is thriving. Today business is global, and the sports and events industry is no exception. With a globally oriented, interdisciplinary education, the master’s program in International Sport & Event Management prepares you for these demands.
Students at the University of Applied Sciences Europe are trained from the start to be managers in the fields of Sports, Event, and Marketing Management. Special events, such as seminars and projects with business, sports, and academic partners, are on the horizon.
- German-taught programs need both English and German language certificates.
- The minimum English language level should be B1.
- Secondary school diploma/certificate
- Bachelor’s degree certificate and necessary transcript records.
- IELTS should be 5.5
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 – 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC listening/reading 785, speaking 160, writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
The above are the primary language requirements for the program.
IU International University of Applied Sciences
Program- MBA – E-Sports Management
E-Sports is an industry and a business that is constantly growing. The IU International University of Applied Sciences MBA degree specializing in E-Sports Management provides a unique opportunity to participate in a young industry and help it grow while furthering your career. Don’t pass up the chance to be ahead of the curve by earning an MBA with a concentration in E-Sports Management.
If you have a clear vision and high ambitions and believe in your ability to significantly impact an entire sector of the entertainment and sports industries, now is the perfect time to pursue a career in E-Sports Management.
- Undergraduate degree (180 ECTS) from a recognized university.
- At least a ‘satisfactory’ or grade C equivalent earned in your previous education.
- Proof of at least one year’s qualified work experience completed before the start of the study program (you must gain experience after completing your undergraduate studies).
EU Business School (Munich Campus)
Program- MBA in Sports Management
The MBA in Sports Management (90 ECTS) is a one-year (three-term) program. Students complete five to six-course modules per term, including seminars, company visits, guest speakers workshops, and case studies. Students must complete a management research methods module and a thesis. This program is also a part-time that is two-year (six-term) degree.
- Certified copy of the bachelor’s degree and transcripts.
- Proof of English proficiency- TOEFL 89 (internet-based), 233 (computer-based)
- IELTS 6.5
- CAE C1 (minimum score of 176)
- PTE 59
- English native or equivalent
Munich Business School
Program- Master in Sports Business and Communication
The Masters in Sports Business and Communication program modules will best prepare you for a professional future in the sports industry. You gain specific knowledge and become acquainted with all aspects of Sports Management.
You will qualify as a specialist for companies in the sports industry and sports clubs and associations by dealing with sports communication and media, sports sponsorship and marketing, license and rights exploitation, digital sports, and sports event management.
Munich Business School provides an international experience because internationality is not only taught but also lived. As a result, studying abroad is an essential component of these programs.
- A successful Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS or more).
- Applicants with a Business Studies/Management/Economics degree can apply for the program directly.
- Applicants without a degree in economics can qualify for the program by completing the Pre Master’s Program.
Applicants must prove their English skills by passing one of the following language tests-
- TOEFL IBT- minimum 85.
- IELTS- minimum 6.5 (academic module).
- ELS or EAP- Advanced level 112.
- Germany is a great destination for international students. It provides excellent education, universities, cost of living, and social life.
- An MBA in Sports Management in Germany is a good option owing to some of the best universities in Germany. They provide an exceptional curriculum for the students.
- International students must have English language proficiency to get into most of the universities in Germany.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to reach out to us for more information on MBA in Sports Management in Germany. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The importance of physical fitness- 5 components you must know!
Q1. What is the cost of living for international students in Germany?
Answer- On average, a student’s monthly expenses are EUR 867. This includes rent, travel expenses, food, internet, and other costs.
Q2. What is the average salary for Sports Management in Germany?
Answer- According to Salary Expert, the average gross salary for Sports Management is 58.808 EUR in Germany.
Q3. Which countries are the best for MBA in Sports Management?
Answer- Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia are among the best countries for MBAs in Sports Management.