Table of Contents
- About Canadore College
- Canadore College | A brief overview
- Admissions at the Canadore College
- Canadore College | Cost of attendance
- How to apply at Canadore College
- Exams accepted by the university
- English proficiency requirements
- Canada visa process
- Canadore College admission decision
- Key takeaways
About Canadore College
Canadore College takes pride in creating the best possible learning environment since its inception in 1967, and it is the college of choice for students from across the province and around the world. Its priorities are students’ success, program and service excellence, community connection, sustainability, and innovation. Each year, the college graduates approximately 1,000 students and has over 40,000 alumni. In this blog, we will discuss Canadore College’s application fee and more.
Canadore College | A brief overview
Established in 1967, Canadore College was a campus of Sudbury’s Cambrian College.
It became an independent institution in 1972. It has three campuses in North Bay, Ontario, Canada, as well as one in Parry Sound. Canadore College is a public applied arts and technology college.
Here are some facts about the college-
- Canadore College has over 3500 students and 600 faculty and staff members.
- The lush green campus encompasses over 650 acres.
- Canadore College has a total of eight campuses.
- Canadore College has students from at least 15 different countries.
- The college offers over 80 courses in a variety of disciplines.
Canadore College has a graduate employment rate of 76%, 100% employee satisfaction, and 79% student satisfaction, which is higher than the average for all colleges in Ontario.
Canadore has an Aviation Technology Campus which includes the College’s Non-Destructive Testing Center. The Center is an important academic resource for aviation-related programming, as well as providing the industry with access to leading composite technologies and consulting services to help the students conduct innovative and cost-effective research and development.
Admissions at the Canadore College
Canadore College application process
Canadore College’s application process is the same for everyone. International students who want to study in Canada must apply for a study permit.
Applications are available 4-5 months before the start date of the program and are processed within one day or one week, depending on the volume of applications received.
Canadore College UG admission
To apply for admission to Canadore College’s undergraduate programs, applicants must follow the steps outlined below.
Application Portal- Online
Application Fee- 100 CAD
Documents required to apply to Canadore College
- English language test scores
- Secondary school, high school, and graduation transcripts certified and translated into English
- Reference letters as applicable
- International students’ health insurance
- Financial documents and bank statements where required
- Valid photo identification
- Copy of passport and valid study permit
- Copy of Visa
Canadore College PG admissions
International applicants must complete the following steps to apply to Canadore College’s graduate programs-
Application Portal- Online
Application Fee- 100 CAD.
Basic Academic Requirement-
- Bachelor’s degree
- Letter of recommendation
- Work experience
- English language proficiency score
Canadore College | Cost of attendance
All international students must pay an ancillary fee of $1,123 CAD to cover expenses such as technical support, health insurance, student council fees, and so on.
How to apply at Canadore College
The steps below will help you understand how to apply to Canadore College-
- Visit the official college website.
- Choose the program listed in the program guide.
- Complete all the admission requirements outlined in the guide.
- Please submit your English language proficiency test results.
- Complete the application form.
- Apply for your desired program, along with the application fee.
When you receive an offer letter to attend the college, complete the Canadore College cost/fee form as directed by the college.
Exams accepted by the university
|Type of Aptitude Test||Minimum Requirements|
|IB||27 or higher (course dependent)|
|Percentage||60 or higher (course dependent)|
|2.5 or higher (course dependent)|
|GMAT||560 or higher|
English proficiency requirements
|IELTS||5.5 or higher|
|TOEFL||80 or higher|
Canada visa process
International students wishing to study in Canada must obtain a Canadian student visa, also known as a Study Permit and/ or a temporary resident visa. International students must apply for both a study permit and/ or a temporary visitor’s visa according to the visa requirements. There are some exceptions where students might need either a student or temporary visitor visa. Students must check the requirements on the university’s official website before applying. International applicants must apply to Citizenship and Immigration authorities in Canada through the Canadian embassy in their home country.
General study permit and temporary visitor visa requirements
- Acceptance letter from Canadore College
- Fee receipt to confirm deposit
- Character certificate and sponsorship letter
- Evidence of minimum funds required to meet the cost of living in Canada
- Medical Clearance certificate
- English proficiency proof
- Valid passport
Canadore College admission decision
As soon as selection committee reviews the application, the students will get the notification of their admission decision. If selected, the international admissions team will send an offer letter to the international applicants via email. It usually takes 4 weeks for the university to send an offer or acceptance letter.
There are three stages of the admission process to Canadore College that the college conducts throughout the year. International students can apply for the fall and spring semesters. Some programs may accept applications only for the fall semester.
The college is slightly selective in accepting applications, with an acceptance rate ranging from 70% to 80%. This clearly demonstrates that students who excelled in high school or earned a bachelor’s degree are more likely to be considered for admission.
- Canadore College has created the best possible learning environment since its inception in 1967. It is the college of choice for students from across the province and around the world.
- Canadore College’s application process is the same for everyone. International students have to apply for a study permit to study in Canada. Applications are available 4-5 months before the start date of the program.
- Students can fill out the application through the college’s official website and by paying 100 CAD. Applications are processed within one day or one week and students might receive notification about their admission within 4 weeks.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Canadore College’s application fee. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked his blog? Read next: Your handy guide to the University of Greenwich campus life
Q1. What is the tuition fee for international students at Canadore College?
Ans- The annual tuition fee for Canadore College international students ranges from CAD 13,211.25 to CAD 28,073.90 (NR 8 00,00 to INR 17 00,000) depending on the program or course you apply for.
Q2. What is the average accommodation cost for international students?
Ans- Accommodation costs for Canadore College are between CAD 5,000 and CAD 10,000 (INR 2,67,000 and INR 5,39,000) per year.
Q3. Is Canadore College in Brampton public or private?
Ans- The Canadore College in Brampton is a public institute.