Table of Contents
- About the University
- The University of Bridgeport | A brief overview
- QS World Rankings
- Sports rankings
- Times Higher Education
- Niche rankings-
- Webometrics rankings-
- Why does the University of Bridgeport rank high?
- Key takeaways
About the University
The University of Bridgeport encourages academic excellence, personal responsibility, and service commitment. Its distinctive curricula in a supportive learning environment that are international and culturally diverse, prepare graduates for life and leadership in an increasingly interconnected world. Founded in 1927, Bridgeport is home to a diverse student body united by a shared commitment to career readiness, innovation, and a supportive, challenging learning environment. The innovative thinking that led to the establishment of the university nearly a century ago, continues to guide the university as it connects with the rest of the world. In this blog, we will further discuss the University of Bridgeport’s ranking.
The University of Bridgeport | A brief overview
Bridgeport is a private university. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 2,350 (fall 2020), an urban setting, and an 86-acre campus.
Its academic calendar is semester-based. The University of Bridgeport ranked #331-440 among National Universities in the Best Colleges 2022-2023 edition. It charges $35,760 for tuition and other expenses.
The University was established as Connecticut’s first junior college. E. Everett Cortright, Alfred Fones, and Sumner Simpson saw a need in Bridgeport, which was one of only six American cities with a population of more than 100,000 people at the time, that lacked a college or university. The school expanded significantly, with the addition of dormitories and a business school. The school purchased the former P. T. Barnum estate and property adjacent to Seaside Park when it became a four-year institution in 1947 and later got a new name, the University of Bridgeport.
Bridgeport, Connecticut’s largest city, is home to the University.
Undergraduates at the University have a variety of academic majors to choose from, and graduate students have a variety of options as well, including master’s programs in education, engineering, and other fields. Students can participate in over 50 clubs, including fraternities, sororities, and intramural sports, outside of the classroom.
The university, commonly abbreviated as UB, also has several Division II Purple Knights varsity teams. For one season, the UB basketball team had a secret weapon in the form of 7-foot-7 Manute Bol, who later joined the NBA and became an activist for Sudan. Aside from participating in athletics, students can spend their time exploring the expansive Beardsley Park and the state’s only zoo. Off-campus attractions in the area include theaters, museums, and shops. Among UB’s most notable alumni is Fred DeLuca, who co-founded the Subway restaurant chain.
- 331-440 in National Universities
- 82 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
- 196-212 in Engineering Programs (doctorate)
U.S. News Overall Score– Bottom 25%
Score (out of 100)
Average 6-year graduation rate (17.6%)- 42%
University of Bridgeport’s Graduate School Rankings
- 194 in Computer Science (tie)
- 126 in Physician Assistant (tie)
QS World Rankings
The University of Bridgeport is one of the top universities in Bridgeport, United States. It ranked #201-250 in US UNI (universities) 2021.
- The University of Bridgeport softball team has risen one spot to seventh in the third and final NCAA Division II Regional Rankings of the 2022 season.
- Under the direction of head coach Leo Uzcategui, the University of Bridgeport women’s volleyball team ranked third in the East Region in the first NCAA Division II women’s volleyball regional rankings of 2012.
- The University of Bridgeport men’s basketball team ranked first in the first-ever NCAA Division II East Regional rankings for the second week in a row.
- The University of Bridgeport women’s soccer team ranked first in the country for the third week in a row in the national NCAA Division II Women’s Soccer Poll released on Tuesday afternoon by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA).
Times Higher Education
- 2022 rank- 600
- Most Diverse Colleges in America- 134 of 1,546
- Best Colleges for Design in America- 177 of 427
- Hardest Colleges to Get into in America- 722 of 1,600
- Safest College Campuses in America- 737 of 1,310
- World Ranking- 2428
- Continental Ranking- 565
- Country Rank- 510
- Openness- 3163
- Excellence- 3666
Why does the University of Bridgeport rank high?
Bridgeport University is a well-known private university in the United States. It teaches students about career readiness, innovation, and the ability to work in difficult environments. The following are factors based on which students choose UB for higher education.
- There are certificates, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, associate programs, postgraduate programs, doctoral degrees, and many other options. UB offers exceptional courses that rank in the top positions globally
- There are also online courses available at UB. Online courses help in generating good ratings for the university.
- It has over 100 programs and more than ten academic divisions. These courses help the university get noticed by various ranking systems.
- It offers summer courses designed specifically for undergraduates and graduates. This has led to high graduate school rankings.
- The University of Bridgeport encourages academic excellence, personal responsibility, and service commitment. It has distinctive curricula in a supportive learning environment.
- The University of Bridgeport is a private university and has a total undergraduate enrollment of 2,350 (fall 2020). It has an urban setting and an 86-acre campus. UB’s academic calendar is semester-based.
- The University of Bridgeport ranked #331-440 among National Universities in the Best Colleges 2022-2023 edition. It also ranks high in other ranking systems, such as Times Higher Education, QS World Rankings, and so on.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on the University of Bridgeport ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of the Fraser Valley | Courses and rankings
Q1. Is there on-campus accommodation at Bridgeport University?
Ans- Bridgeport University provides on-campus housing. More than 500 students can get accommodation on campus.
Q2. Is the admission fee waived at Bridgeport University?
Ans- Yes, all students at UB are exempt from paying the admission fee.
Q3. Is there a scholarship available for international students?
Ans- There are numerous scholarships available to international students. Visit the scholarship for international students page on the university’s official website for more information.