Table of Contents
- John Kinghorn scholarship encourages female participation in the field
- John Kinghorn scholarship | Basic details
- John Kinghorn scholarship for engineering | Benefits
- John Kinghorn scholarship | Brief Overview
- John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering | Eligibility
- How to apply for the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering
- Other details
- Key takeaways
John Kinghorn scholarship encourages female participation in the field
The John Kinghorn Scholarship is a well-known scholarship for which Engineering students are eligible. The students must begin a master’s degree program at the University of Sussex’s School of Engineering to be eligible for this scholarship. One of the main benefits for the students is a scholarship of 13,215 USD (INR 12.40 lacs) given to only a few selected students.
The University of Sussex selects these students. Another major reason for the popularity is that one seat is reserved for female applicants to encourage women’s participation in STEM subjects.
The John Kinghorn Scholarship is available to international and domestic students. However, only students from certain countries are eligible. These specific countries include South Asian countries, the United States, and other prominent European countries.
John Kinghorn scholarship | Basic details
- Scholarship Type- Merit-Based
- Organization- University of Sussex
- Application Deadline- May 01, 2023,
- No. of Scholarships- 3
- Amount- $13,215 (INR 12.40 lacs)
- International Students Eligibility- Yes
John Kinghorn scholarship for engineering | Benefits
There are many advantages to receiving the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering.
The University of Sussex, one of the most renowned institutions in the world, rose to prominence due to the high quality of its education and the university’s financial support in the form of fellowships and scholarships.
The scholarship provides selected students with a tuition fee reduction of £10,000 (INR 9.38 lacs).
Only two students can receive the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering, with one seat reserved for a female student.
John Kinghorn scholarship | Brief Overview
- The John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering is one of the initiatives undertaken by the University of Sussex to assist students in their higher education.
- The scholarship is primarily for students pursuing science, technology, mathematics, and engineering degrees.
- The University of Sussex provides scholarships for domestic and international students.
- The degree is awarded solely on merit and is only available at the University of Sussex.
- The scholarship is given to students once a year and is not renewable.
John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering | Eligibility
This scholarship program is only available at the University of Sussex. The eligibility requirements are unique. The John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering is awarded to Indian students or foreign applicants based on the following criteria-
- The candidate must be offered and accepted to a full-time master’s program.
- The course fee should correspond to the scholarship bracket.
- Applicants must correctly fill out the scholarship application form.
This funding scheme is only applicable if students apply to the following graduate programs-
- MSc 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- MSc Digital Signal and Image Processing
- MSc Engineering Business Management
Some of these courses with an industrial placement year are also eligible for this scholarship program.
How to apply for the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering
You must complete certain steps to apply for the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering.
- To begin, you must complete the scholarship application form you will receive after accepting an offer of admission to any of the master’s programs listed above in the eligibility requirements.
- After the scholarship office has reviewed your application, the authorities will contact you to inform you of the decision.
The university will not accept your application if it does not meet the eligibility criteria.
If your scholarship application is shortlisted, the selection panel will receive an anonymous version for the final selection procedure.
If you have previously received a scholarship from the University of Sussex, such as the Chancellor’s International Scholarship, you are ineligible for this one.
The application deadline is usually in May each year, but you should double-check the University of Sussex’s official website.
If you are an international student interested in this scholarship program, you can check your eligibility by going to the official website and searching for the countries eligible for the above scholarship. Suppose you are not eligible for this scholarship. In that case, you can apply for various scholarships offered by the University of Sussex, such as QS Scholarships, Rhodes Scholarships, Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships, and so on.
- The John Kinghorn Scholarship is famous for engineering students. The students must be studying master’s degree program at the University of Sussex’s School of Engineering to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is primarily awarded to science, technology, mathematics, and engineering students. The University of Sussex offers this scholarship to domestic and international students.
- You must fill out the scholarship application form you will receive after accepting an offer of admission. After the review of your application, the authorities will contact you to inform you about the selection.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on the John Kinghorn Scholarship in Engineering. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Queen’s University Belfast | Rankings, courses, and admission
Q1. What are the documents required for applying to the John Kinghorn scholarship?
Ans- Documents required for applying to the John Kinghorn scholarship-
- Personal statement
- Proof of admission or acceptance
- Scholarship application form
Q2. Do UK universities offer full scholarships?
Ans- Various funding options are available to international students who wish to study in the United Kingdom. They range from part-funding (paying a portion of your fees) to full-funding (covering program fees, living expenses, and return flights to the UK).
Q3. What is the CGPA requirement for a scholarship in the UK?
Ans- For Ph.D. Scholarships, you must have a first division (in the annual examination system) or a CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or 75% in your final degree. MS Scholarships require 60% or a CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.0 in the final degree.