Table of Contents
Overview of Conestoga College
Founded in 1967, Conestoga College is one of the fastest growing colleges in Canada. Its career-oriented education system and applied research programs ensure that students gain enough real-life experience before stepping into the real world.
The college not only provides academic support to its students, but also focuses on training, learning, and network building. Home to over 23,000 students, Conestoga offers several placement opportunities to its students and also guarantees employer satisfaction.
But there is so much more about this college that you should to know before applying. Read on to find out!
What’s unique about Conestoga College?
- Conestoga College is one of the top 100 colleges in Canada and ranks as the #1 college in Ontario for its high-end Labs. These labs are equipped with the latest tools and technologies that are designed to keep students informed and engaged. While the college does focus heavily on the practical aspect of learning, it also pays attention to theoretical knowledge and research.
- The college also offers technology-enhanced online learning so that students can excel in the rapidly developing digital world. It is committed to helping students succeed in various fields and guides them throughout their learning journey.
- Additionally, Conestoga offers several facilities to its the students – from medical and food services to recreation and library services! Students can also put in requests for extra tutoring, counseling, and housing services.
- Conestoga College has 7 campuses in Canada, and is spread over 150 acres. These campuses are located in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford, Ingersoll, and Brantford. Students who’re interested in applying can take a guided tour of the college online.
- The college also focuses on teaching soft skills, like resume writing and profile building.
- Conestoga provides financial help to students in need through scholarships, bursaries, and other awards.
- Students can enroll in various academic and other development courses, some of which are full-time, part-time, open, degree, and diploma.
- The faculty of the college is excellent, and has received a lot of awards.
- All students get exposure to diverse cultures and feel comfortable in the environment.
Programs offered at Conestoga College
Full-time programs offered are
- 3D Computer Animation
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Aviation – General Arts and Science
- Bachelor of Applied Technology
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Design
- Computer Programming
- Event Management
- Practical Nursing
- Public Relations
- Social Media Marketing
Open programs include
- Applied Energy Management
- Business Analytics
- Cloud Data Management
- Financial Technology
- Human Resources Management
- Project Management
- Virtual Reality Production
- Web Development
To apply, you must fill the admission forms available on the official website of the college with the required details. Once done, you need to pay the application fee, fill all the forms, and submit. The basic application requirements include
- International students can get admission if they have appeared for IELTS and TOEFL. You will need a minimum score of 6.5 bands in IELTS and 88 in TOEFL (IBT) to be eligible to apply.
- Besides this, you will also need to check the number of seats available in the college, since some programs are highly competitive.
- International students have to pay a mandatory non-refundable deposit fee. This fee is calculated on an yearly basis and covers two semesters. You may have to pay some additional fees for miscellaneous services as well.
- In the case of immigration, you will need a study permit, a passport, and all the documents mentioned on the website.
Here is the eligibility criteria you need to take care of.
Basic Undergraduate Degree
- An applicant must have completed a minimum of six Grade12 University or Middle-level courses with at least 65% scores.
- Some specific requirements regarding a subject may be demanded based upon the course you choose to do.
Basic Graduate Certificate
- An applicant must have a two or three-year diploma, or a degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Conestoga College offers a wide range of diplomas, and the requirements vary for each field.
- In almost all the courses, applicants are required to have studied English in Grade 12, and if the subject demands, mathematics as well.
Fees And Scholarships
The college tuition fee covers all the costs associated with post-secondary education, and is calculated on the basis of the length of the program. (If you’re doing a part-time course, your fees will be calculated on a per hour basis).There are many ways to offset your costs, like scholarships and awards
- #Educatetheworld President’s Honour Roll Award – This $1000 is given to graduate students of all programs.
- The Arnold Rose Academic Grant – It’s for 3rd year students pursuing a technology program. The value of this award is $500.
- Conestoga College International Entrance Excellence Scholarship – This is for merit students who join Conestoga in fall, winter, and spring, and hail from a diverse set of countries.
- Conestoga Students Inc. Athletic Scholarship – This award is for athletes or students who volunteer within the college athletic community. The varsity coaches nominate those who show commitment and have excelled in their academic studies. The value of this award is $1,000, and it is available to all winter joiners.
You can learn more about this and many more universities on our explore page!
This is all we have for now. If you have any more doubts, you can get in touch with us. Or you can also comment below and share yo
- Conestoga is one of Canada’s fastest- growing colleges. It is a career-oriented education system, with applied research programs ensuring that the students gain sufficient real-world experience.
- It provides a variety of services to its students, ranging from medical and food services to recreation and library services. Students can also request extra tutoring, counseling, and housing assistance.
- It offers both full-time and part-time programs.
- Scholarships and awards are available to help offset your academic costs.
Liked reading this blog? Also read: Figures Of Speech Examples
1. Can I change my programme after acceptance?
Yes, you can change your decision and accept a different offer after cancelling the previous one within one business day.
2. What are the chances of acceptance of international students at Conestoga College?
Presently, Conestoga College has international students from 80 countries around the world. It’s acceptance rate is not the same every year. But you must note that among 16,500 full-time students, almost 42 percent of the student body comprises of international students. So the chances are of you getting in are high, given that you have a good profile.
3. How long does the college take to revert after submission of application?
The college offers courses of varying durations, and the average waiting time for a decision on international applicants is 4-8 weeks after submission of the application. The college generates a waitlist as per the seat availability. It then sends out the outcome of your application via email.