Table of Contents
About Highline College
Since 1961, Highline College has been reliable for community members meeting their educational needs close to home. Its classes and programs underwent evolution along with its community. Today, comprehensive community college programs and applied bachelor’s degrees are also available at the college. After more than 55 years, Highline is still popular as the community’s college.
Let’s discuss Highline College in detail.
The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is an institutional accrediting body that has recognition from the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the Secretary of Education in the United States.
Highline began in 1961 as King County’s first community college. It has over 350,000 alumni and serves 13,000 students. The campus was built in 1964, with additional buildings added in subsequent years to meet the needs of students and technology.
Founded in 1972, the Highline College Foundation is a nonprofit corporation that works under the governance of a volunteer Board of Directors. The Foundation’s investments surpassed $6 million as of June 30, 2022. The foundation funds scholarships, student emergency assistance, faculty professional development, and technology. The Highline College Foundation is actively expanding its capacity to raise external funds under the leadership of its president, Sheri Keller, and its Board of Directors. The Foundation awarded more than $611,000 in scholarship and emergency funding for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2022.
Why choose Highline?
Highline College provides a vibrant and diverse environment. When you walk onto our campus, you will be around people of all ages, backgrounds, and cultures who have traveled different paths to get here.
Whatever your interests, skills, and abilities, the college assists you in matching them to the courses, certificates, or degrees that are appropriate for you. Highline College is a great place to start if you want to earn a four-year degree, find a new career, or expand your skills.
Highline will assist you with both academic and personal needs. It provides a variety of services to help you succeed. Educational planning, financial aid, individual counseling, job assistance, tutoring, and other services are available.
You can enjoy beautiful mountain and water views from Highline’s tree-filled 80-acre site. As a student here, you will have many opportunities to meet new people and pursue your interests. Students at Highline have active involvement in leadership and student communities. It provides training and employment opportunities in campus extracurricular programs, the arts, and student support services. There are over 40 clubs to choose from at the Center for Leadership and Service, or you can also start your own clubs.
Highline offers a diverse range of programs and majors and has regional accreditation, the gold standard in evaluating quality in America. Highline provides two-year degrees, high school diplomas, four-year degrees, short-term programs, certificate programs, and even master’s preparation courses. The college’s learning environments encourage engagement and critical thinking with a 17:1 student-to-teacher ratio. This helps to prepare students for successful transfer to prestigious universities in the United States and abroad.
- Arts, design & communications
- Business, hospitality & tourism
- Education & human services
- Health, wellness & fitness
- Humanities & social sciences
- ELCAP (The English Language, Career and Academic Prep)
- Exploratory (In these courses, you will explore your options, identify your strengths and needs, and learn about potential careers and college funding options in this pathway.)
- 5158 of 14,131 in the World
- 1432 of 2,597 in North America
- 1353 of 2,496 in the United States
- 25 of 57 in Washington
- Brian Scalabrine- American former professional basketball player
- Jamie Malonzo- Filipino-American professional basketball player
- Alexis Denisof- American actor
- Ann Rule- Author
- Mia Gregerson- Washington State Representative
How to apply?
The application process for Highline College is quite straightforward-
Your first step is to decide which degree and course you wish to apply for.
check the admission requirements for the program you want to study for. Check if you fulfill all the admission requirements.
The application deadlines
- The application deadlines completely depend on the program you choose to apply to. In general, students should submit international fall semester applications by the end of December. The deadline for the spring semester is before the end of July. It is recommended you search for the program on the university’s official website and check out the deadlines yourself before applying.
- Your standard test scores should match the college’s admission criteria (it can be either GRE or GMAT, based on the study program). International students might have to take the IELTS tests to be eligible for admission to college.
- Once you have fulfilled the criteria, visit the course page on their website and apply!
- If you get accepted, you can start applying for scholarships and plan your accommodation at Highline.
- Since 1961, Highline College has been trustworthy for community members to fulfill their educational needs close to home. Its classes and programs evolved along with its community.
- Highline’s tree-filled 80-acre site offers beautiful mountain and water views. As a student here, you will get many opportunities to meet new people and pursue your interests.
- Students from Washington can earn the first 90 credits at a community college and transfer them to public (and most private) colleges and universities in the state due to statewide transfer agreements.
If you find this blog informative, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to contact us for more information on international colleges and education abroad. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Q1. What is the acceptance rate for Highline College?
Ans- The acceptance rate for Highline College is 100%.
Q2. What GPA do you need to get admission to Highline College?
Ans- Students should have a 3.0 or better college-level GPA, and the maximum enrollment is 23 credits per quarter.
Q3. What is the tuition fee at Highline College?
Ans- The tuition fee for local students at Highline is 4,344 USD.