Table of Contents
- About Capella University
- Facts about Capella University
- Why choose Capella University?
- Capella University’s programs
- Admission process
- Key takeaways
About Capella University
Capella University is a pioneering online institution committed to providing superior learning results that propel professional development. For nearly three decades, Capella has been redefining higher education to empower working people in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Each competency-based program develops genuine skills and knowledge that benefits individuals, businesses, and the globe.
Since 1993, Capella University has pioneered online education, specializing in learning that works for busy people. The programs assist you in facing current and future problems in your chosen sectors. Capella also has institutional and specialized accreditations that validate the quality of its professors, curriculum, student services, and financial stability.
Facts about Capella University
- Students- 40,269
- Alumni- 112,276
- Degrees awarded- 124,963
- Average age of students- 38
- Part-time students- 72%
- Capella faculty members with doctorates- 80%
- Degree programs- 53
- Online learning formats- 2
Why choose Capella University?
The founders recognized 25 years ago that working professionals not only juggle a full-time job, a full-time family, and a full schedule but also have an unrivaled passion for bettering themselves.
They recognized the potential of technology to give a high-quality education to ambitious adult students.
With weekly pre-set deadlines and group discussions, the innovative learning model provides a flexible yet controlled way to get your degree.
It is up to you when and where you learn, but weekly evaluation deadlines will ensure that you examine materials, comprehend a topic, and create consistent study habits. The academic coaches are also available to assist you in staying on track to graduate.
The FlexPath learning model provides flexibility and support to fit a degree into your busy life. Establish deadlines and utilize what you currently know to advance. In addition, for a 12-week billing session, there is only one tuition fee. There are costs for books, supplies, and other items.
3. Skills to your rescue
That’s why the academic team is working hard to create a curriculum that will teach you the skills you need to succeed. They construct the coursework based on trends and movements in your sector.
Your degree should be helpful, well-known, and well-respected. As an accredited online institution, Capella meets standards for faculty quality, curriculum, student services, and budgetary stability.
5. Personalized support
It provides every Capella student with a dedicated support network of faculty, advisors, and mentors, from the initial chats with an enrollment counselor until graduation day.
Distinguished, credentialed, and friendly, perfectly summarize the faculty at Capella University. When it comes to the faculty, all three are equally vital. Many are scholar-practitioners who will teach you the skills you need to succeed.
7. Community of students
You may never be in a crowded classroom, but when you log in, you become part of a community of thousands of students. Join student organizations, participate in class discussions, organize a local meet-up, or communicate with classmates via email. With a simple click, you get in touch with students worldwide.
Capella University’s programs
With over 160 graduate and undergraduate programs to select from, you can take charge of your education. You can narrow your search by degree, academic field, or learning type. FlexPath allows you to set deadlines, control costs, and learn on the fly.
Certificate programs generally take less time to complete than degree programs. A new degree and information may help you quickly advance in your work. Earning a certificate may serve as a stepping stone between your current employment and your aspirations. It can be taking on more ambitious assignments, pursuing a promotion, or seeking a new position in another organization.
Individual courses in several disciplines are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Counseling and psychology, nursing, business, and other fields are among them. Each can be the necessary step to-
- Earn more credits to help you with your professional license application.
- Increase your opportunities and career options.
- Complete any courses, credits, or content requirements.
- Learn new skills while brushing up on existing ones.
- Explore online education and get credit for a future program.
You are an international student if you live outside the United States or are not a U.S. citizen. To be classified as an international student and to be eligible for admission to Capella University, you must follow the below process-
Attended a globally respected institution
Proof of English proficiency
If your foreign post-secondary transcript indicates that English was your language of instruction, you will not be required to show additional proof of language proficiency. If you still need to, you must demonstrate academic English ability by getting at least the minimum score on one of the below-mentioned examinations. You must send test scores directly from the testing agency to Capella, and you should have taken the English proficiency test within the last two years.
- Duolingo– 105 overall (at least 105 in literacy and production sub-scores required)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language- iBT: 79, TOEFL Essentials: 8 overall
- International English Language Testing System- 6.5
- Michigan English Test- 53 overall
International students must acquire an international transcript review from Capella. The university accepts these evaluations from all organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (You can find a complete list of authorized members on the NACES website). The following are some instances of NACES evaluators who have been approved-
- SpanTran The Evaluation Company
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- World Education Services
- US residents might be subject to international admissions standards if students obtained their most recent academic credentials from a non-US institution.
- All transcript evaluations must contain a course-by-course analysis and directly send to Capella by the evaluation agency. Each evaluation service has its service price; for more information, please contact an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- The university will not grant a visa to individuals living outside the United States, nor will they be eligible for financial aid. Since Capella is an online institution, students need not physically attend the university. Students can apply for programs online from any part of the world.
- Capella University is an accredited online institution. It commits to providing an outstanding, professionally aligned education that will enable you to succeed in your career.
- The demanding curriculum is competency-based, blending basic theory with real-world application to ensure students obtain a high-quality education.
- As a Capella student, you will receive unrivaled support as you join a lively professional community and work with a faculty of skilled and engaging teachers via the online campus and course rooms.
A university shapes a student’s present and future. It is the stepping stone to success in their desired field. Please contact us by clicking here to learn about inspiring and welcoming universities and colleges worldwide. We will be happy to assist you.
Liked this blog? Read next: Top universities in Canada | The Times Higher Education ranking!
Q1. How much is Capella University’s tuition fee for bachelor students?
Answer- The tuition fee per credit for bachelor students at Capella University is $350 – $415.
Q2. Is it challenging to get into Capella University?
Answer- Capella is a for-profit institution that focuses on online learning. The acceptance rate at Capella is 100%.
Q3. Is Capella University accredited for clinical psychology?
Answer- Capella University’s clinical psychology program has accreditations from the Higher Learning Commission.