Table of Contents
About Trine University
Trine University encourages intellectual and personal development by providing students with professionally focused and formative learning opportunities that prepare them to succeed, lead, and serve.
Undergraduate and graduate students receive personal attention through small classes and excellent teaching to help the university achieve its mission. Trine University focuses on students’ future by offering career-oriented higher education. Its courses emphasize active participation in class, with a focus on teamwork and collaboration. It also supplements rigorous theoretical study. Co-curricular experiences at Trine foster holistic student development.
Let us discuss Trine University, its campus, courses, rankings, and more.
- There were 8,446 students enrolled in fall 2022
- Within six months of graduation, 99.3% of the class of 2021 had jobs or were enrolled in graduate school.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 16:1.
- The average class size is 19.8 students.
- On average, students receive $35,809 in financial aid, with 98 percent of students receiving it
- The university has a 450 acres campus in Angola, with over $176 million in improvements since 2000.
Trine University has undergone significant campus transformations over the last decade. At Trine University, everything is visible and accessible for students from their living rooms. They can experience the university’s beautiful campus and its ongoing progression and transformation here. Trine’s campus also offers new athletic facilities to students. Trine University’s amenities are second to none.
Trine University has activities and organizations that will help students cultivate their interests in a community where they will be known and everyone around them will support their dreams.
The university’s vibrant campus community includes the following-
- Apartment-style campus housing that feels more like a vacation resort than a dorm.
- Award-winning dining hall ‘Whitney Commons’, as well as other campus dining options.
- A championship golf course that has hosted PGA tournaments and NCAA national championships.
- Over 80 clubs and student organizations, including four sororities and eight fraternities, are available.
- Student activities and athletics provide weekly opportunities for the Trine community to unite.
- Personalized assistance in study areas such as health and wellness, accessibility and accommodations, and campus safety
At Trine University, students can learn from expert faculty and apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems.
Trine’s academic experience will include the following-
According to U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review, its degree programs are among the best in the Midwest. Internships and co-ops with leading organizations and companies are also available.
Opportunities for hands-on projects are available through programs such as Innovation One Study Abroad and an Honors Program, which pushes learning to new heights.
Popular study areas
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- CAD drafting and design technology
- Biology/biological sciences
- Mechanical engineering
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Civil engineering
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Chemical engineering
The university fees will vary depending on the degree and course a student chooses, as well as the country a student is from.
Apart from tuition, students must also pay for housing, food, travel, study materials, WiFi, and other expenses. There are several ways to offset these costs. There are grants and scholarships, internships, TA/GA/RA positions, fee waivers for students from low-income families, travel grants, and so on.
How to apply?
Trine University’s application process is fairly simple. The first step will be to decide which degree and course you want to apply for.
Students should look into the admission requirements for the program they want to attend. Students should check to see whether they meet all academic requirements or not.
Then, students should check whether standard test scores match the admission requirements (GRE or GMAT, depending on the program). To be considered for admission, international students must take the IELTS tests.
Once students meet the requirements, they can visit the university website’s course page and apply.
If accepted, they can begin applying for scholarships and planning their housing at Trine University.
The application deadlines depend on the program a student chooses to apply to. International students should submit applications for the fall semester by the end of December. For the spring semester, the deadline is usually before the end of July. To be sure, students should search for the program on the university website and check the deadlines before applying.
US News and World Report rankings
- 18 in Regional Colleges Midwest
- 16 in Best Value Schools
- 20 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- Gustavo Rojas Pinilla- Former President of Colombia
- Joe Schroeder- Rugby union player
- John J. McKetta- American chemical engineer
- Harry Gandy- Former United States Representative
- Ng Sze Han- Member of the Selangor State Executive Council
- Trine University emphasizes intellectual and personal development by providing professionally focused and formative learning opportunities to its students. It prepares them to succeed, lead, and serve.
- Trine University has been through significant campus transformations over the last decade. Everything is visible and accessible to students from their living rooms at the university.
- At Trine, students learn from expert faculty and apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems. The university offers opportunities for hands-on projects through programs such as Innovation One Study Abroad and an Honors Program.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Trine University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: What to expect while attending the University of Sassari
Q1. What is the acceptance rate of Trine University?
Ans- The acceptance rate for Trine University is 73%
Q2. What is the enrollment fee for Trine University?
Ans- Students must pay a $35 enrollment fee to gain admission to Trine University.
Q3. What is the average SAT score to get admission to Trine University?
Ans- 1130 is the average SAT score required to apply for admission to Trine University.