Table of Contents
George Mason University | Made to make learning better
George Mason University, Virginia’s largest public research university, sets the standard for a bold, progressive education that serves its students and communities. In 1972, the university established its identity based on Virginia’s strong academic excellence and service ideals. Today, that spirit drives it as a scholar-researcher leader, preparing graduates to meet the complex needs of a rapidly changing world. ‘Freedom and learning’ is the motto of George Mason, and it acts on it while guiding its students in learning and research.
George Mason University | A brief overview
Mason, located near Washington, D.C. The university has over 37,000 students from 130 countries and all 50 states. Mason has expanded rapidly over the last half-century and is famous for its innovation and entrepreneurship, remarkable diversity, and dedication to accessibility.
The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education named Mason one of the top research universities in the United States in 2016, producing research with broad impact.
Mason focuses on instructing its students to be engaged citizens, well-rounded scholars, and prepared to act in challenging situations. Its priority is to provide students with a transformative learning experience that will help them grow as individuals and professionals. The university values diversity and includes and embraces a diverse range of people and ideas in everything.
Choosing Mason Online means you can complete your degree at your own pace. Mason Online refers to the online learning opportunities available at Mason. Students can complete many online courses at home, abroad, or by traveling. Students can take the same classes that are offered on campus but in an online format. Your online courses maintain the same academic rigor and integrity as their on-campus counterparts, offering you an active and collaborative learning environment while providing greater flexibility to meet your needs.
Mason strives to find new and better ways to fulfill its mission while adhering to time-honored academic values.
George Mason University provides all the excitement of a large college campus while committing to small class sizes and individual attention from faculty and staff members. Opportunities abound inside and outside the classroom, including internships at nationally and internationally recognized companies, research with faculty members who are leaders in their fields, and participation in over 200 clubs and organizations.
Mason is a growing university, and it recently committed $450 million in new construction on Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William County campuses. The university is establishing a campus in Loudoun County. The campuses feature cutting-edge technology, laboratories, and research facilities. Mason has been a leader in the teaching and learning of computational sciences, information systems security, and bioinformatics. These are only a few factors that have helped Mason become an international leader in many academic fields.
The university’s Fairfax Campus is located in George Mason, Virginia, just south of the City of Fairfax in central Fairfax County, on 677 acres (274 hectares) of landscaped place with a large pond in a suburban environment. The District of Columbia is about 20 miles (32 km) from the Fairfax campus. The newly expanded Fenwick Library, the Krasnow Institute, three gyms, and an aquatic center for student use. The Fairfax campus also has indoor and outdoor track and field stadiums, baseball, softball, tennis, soccer, and lacrosse. Masonvale is a housing community for faculty, staff, and graduate students.
The Arlington Campus is located on 5.2 acres (2.1 hectares) in Virginia Square, a vibrant urban environment on the outskirts of Arlington County, Virginia’s Clarendon business district, and four miles (6.4 kilometers) from downtown Washington, D.C.
In 1979, the campus was established with the purchase of a law school. Hazel Hall opened in 1998 to house the George Mason University School of Law (now Antonin Scalia Law School); subsequent development led to the construction of Van Metre Hall (formerly Founders Hall), which houses the Schar School of Policy and Government, the Center for Regional Analysis, and graduate-level administrative offices for the School of Business.
George mason also has a science and technology campus in Manassas, Virginia, and an overseas campus in Songdo, South Korea.
Extracurricular activities act as a supplement to Mason’s outstanding academic opportunities that make student life at Mason exciting and fulfilling. Mason is a fascinating place to live and learn because of its Division I athletics program (including a nationally ranked basketball team), Greek life system, student government, and numerous other activities.
George mason online provides online classes option to its students. Its features are-
- 50+ fully and partially online programs
- Learning dynamic environments
- A large student services community
- Mason’s top faculty
Study disciplines taught at George Mason University
- Arts, Media, & Communication
- Business, Economics & Entrepreneurship
- Education & Social Services
- Engineering, Technology & Design
- Environment, Sustainability & Social Action
- Government, Policy & International Affairs
- Health, Medicine, & Well-being
- People, Culture & Behavior
- Science & Math
- BA in Anthropology
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MAIS in Interdisciplinary Studies (Energy and Sustainability Concentration)
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MAIS in Interdisciplinary Studies (Folklore Studies Concentration)
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MAIS in Interdisciplinary Studies (Religion, Culture, and Values Concentration)
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MAIS in Interdisciplinary Studies (Women and Gender Studies Concentration)
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MEd in Curriculum and Instruction (Early Childhood Education for Diverse Learners Concentration)
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MEd in Special Education
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MEd in Special Education (Early Childhood Special Education (Non-Licensure) Concentration)
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MPA in Public Administration
- BA in Anthropology/Accelerated MPP in Public Policy
- BA in Art History
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MAIS in Interdisciplinary Studies (Energy and Sustainability Concentration)
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MAIS in Interdisciplinary Studies (Folklore Studies Concentration)
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MAIS in Interdisciplinary Studies (Religion, Culture, and Values Concentration)
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MAIS in Interdisciplinary Studies (Women and Gender Studies Concentration)
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MEd in Curriculum and Instruction (Early Childhood Education for Diverse Learners Concentration)
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MEd in Special Education
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MEd in Special Education (Early Childhood Special Education (Non-Licensure) Concentration)
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MPA in Public Administration
- BA in Art History/Accelerated MPP in Public Policy
- BA in Art and Visual Technology – Drawing
- BA in Art and Visual Technology – Graphic Design
- BA in Art and Visual Technology – New Media Art
- BA in Art and Visual Technology – Painting
- BA in Art and Visual Technology – Photography
- BA in Art and Visual Technology – Printmaking
- BA in Art and Visual Technology – Sculpture
- QS World University Rankings- 1001-1200
- QS WUR Ranking by Subject- 151-200
- US UNI (universities)- 89
More than 200,000 alumni are graduates of George Mason University. Many Mason graduates have become leaders in their fields, achieving top levels in their careers, winning awards, and making significant contributions to society.
- Hala Gorani (Anchor and senior correspondent for CNN International)
- Dayton Moore (President of Kansas City Royals)
- Rhea Seehorn (Actress)
- Archie Kao (Actor)
- Mike Draper (Former major league basketball player)
- Jake Kalish (Basketball player)
- George Mason University is the largest public research university in Virginia near Washington, D.C. It has over 37,000 students from 130 countries and 50 states studying at Mason.
- Mason is a growing university. It is building new campuses in Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William County. The university is also establishing a new campus in Loudoun County. It has an international campus in South Korea.
- Mason provides outstanding academic opportunities and extracurricular activities that make student life at Mason exciting and fulfilling. Mason Online allows students to study and attend classes online.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on George Mason University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Winnipeg | Programs, rankings, and admission
Q1. What is the average GPA George Mason University accepts for admission?
Ans- George Mason University’s average GPA is 3.65. As a result, George Mason University is highly competitive for GPAs.
Q2. What is the acceptance rate of George Mason University?
Ans- George Mason University admissions are competitive, with a 91% acceptance rate and a 91.1% early acceptance rate.
Q3. Does George Mason University require TOEFL for admission?
Ans- Graduate and undergraduate applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 80.