Table of Contents
- About Memorial University
- Why study at the Memorial University of Newfoundland?
- Memorial University of Newfoundland ranking
- Programs at the university
- Living for international students
- Exams accepted by the university
- The Memorial University of Newfoundland fees
- Key takeaways
About Memorial University
Memorial offers diploma, certificate, undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs ranging from the classics to cutting-edge technology across five campuses and online. Memorial University’s capacity and reputation for leadership in research, teaching, and public engagement gain strength from a global network of nearly 100,000 accomplished alums worldwide. Let’s find out more about the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Why study at the Memorial University of Newfoundland?
There are numerous benefits to attending the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Here are some of them-
- It provides significant educational involvement on campus.
- This university provides students with a good and nourishing experience by having an adequate student-faculty ratio.
- It offers several fellowships and scholarship opportunities.
- More than 450 courses are available both offline and online.
- Include a high placement rate as well as internship opportunities all over the world.
- $1.5 million in admissions scholarships
- Every year, 750 scholarships are awarded.
- Graduate fellowships and scholarships totaling $9.5 million
- The student-faculty ratio is 16:1. (one of the best in Canada)
- Around the world, they have 1,600 co-op placements and internships.
- Memorial educates 50+ Rhodes Scholars and 3,400+ international students from 110+ countries.
- International students make up 20% of the student body, accounting for nearly 40% of all graduate students.
- More than 40 countries have 125 exchange agreements with the university
- Only one of two Canadian universities with a presence in the United Kingdom.
Memorial University of Newfoundland ranking
Here is the ranking for Memorial University
- Ranks 648 in World Rank by Center for World University Rankings 2022-23
- Ranks 24 National Rank by Center for World University Rankings 2022-23
- Ranks 675 in Best Global Universities by US News & World Report 2022
- Ranks 22 in Best Global Universities in Canada by US News & World Report 2022
- Ranks 601–800 in World University Rankings 2022 by THE
- Ranks 101–200 Impact Rankings 2022 by THE
Programs at the university
Memorial University of Newfoundland is one of the most prominent universities in Atlantic Canada, with over 100 degree programs and over 90 professional development courses and certificate programs.
- The university has the world’s only co-op program in Ocean and Naval Architectural Engineering.
- It has the only MBA program in social enterprise and entrepreneurship in Canada.
- Memorial University is the only Anglophone university in Canada with comprehensive folklore programs for undergraduate and graduate students.
- It has the only ROV Operator Program in Canada.
- The university has the first joint degree in music and business in Canada
- Atlantic Canada’s first master’s degree in occupational health and safety.
- Memorial University is the only university with a four-year bachelor of fine arts degree program in Atlantic Canada with acting or theatre production options.
Living for international students
- Living here will not take up much of your finance. Newfoundland is one of the most cost-effective places to live in North America, from food to rent.
- They have some of the lowest tuition rates in Canada and are committed to making education affordable.
- Memorial University provides highly competitive funding packages to international graduate students in eligible research programs.
Students can use the official website to apply to the Memorial University of Newfoundland and opt for different program courses. Students can select a different semester at their convenience.
- Summer semester
- Winter semester
- Fall semester
Students must submit their applications via the official website. You must send all transcripts via email.
Submit the following documents for admission to Memorial University–
- Students must submit all transcripts and documents requested in the admission application.
- Students interested in the bachelor’s program must submit their secondary school transcript.
- Students who choose the master’s program must submit their bachelor’s diploma.
- Furthermore, students interested in the doctorate program must have a post-graduate diploma.
Exams accepted by the university
|TOEFL||Reading and writing|
|SAT||Standardized test scores|
|ACT||Standardized test scores|
The Memorial University of Newfoundland fees
The costs for two semesters (10 courses) of a bachelor’s degree program for new students beginning in the 2022-23 academic year are as follows (effective fall 2022). Current students (including those enrolled in the 2021-22 academic year) will pay the current price per course plus a 4% annual increase.
St. Johns Campus
|Tuition||Newfoundland and Labrador students||Other Canadian students||International students|
|New students as of fall 2022||$6,000||$6,000||$20,000|
The Memorial University of Newfoundland offers outstanding on-campus housing to students. They provide various facilities and amenities for students, making living convenient and comfortable. It also allows them to become acquainted with the academic and social cultures of the university through various organizations and student associations on campus.
The Cluett and Shiwak halls, as well as Burton’s Pond apartments, are provided by the Memorial University of Newfoundland. The halls and apartments are fully furnished with all the amenities and necessities students require. The total cost of living on campus at the Memorial University of Newfoundland is £5240. Students can, however, apply for this scholarship and residential aid.
The Memorial University of Newfoundland focuses on providing students with an immersive experience on campus. As a result, the university offers a variety of organizations, clubs, and associations for students to join based on their passion, interest, and like-mindedness.
The availability of memorials, an online record of experience, and a Student Volunteer Bureau assist students in effectively interacting with staff and the university. Throughout the semesters, Memorial University of Newfoundland provides academic and professional experience through these activities.
- Memorial University currently has over 19,000 students (undergraduate and graduate students) enrolled in total- and part-time studies.
- There are over 3,400 international students enrolled at the university, both full-time and part-time.
- You must clear exams such as SAT, TOEFL, and ACT for admission to the university.
- The university has a considerable reputation for leadership in teaching, research, and public engagement, with 100,000 globally notable alums.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on the Memorial University of Newfoundland by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Surrey | Campus, courses, and rankings.
Q1.What is the acceptance rate at the Memorial University of Newfoundland?
Answer- The acceptance rate for the Memorial University of Newfoundland is 66.8%.
Q2. Is it good to study in Newfoundland?
Answer- The educational sector in Newfoundland has been progressing and has emphasized inclusion. Universities for higher education are both affordable and efficient. The College of the North Atlantic at the Memorial University of Newfoundland is one of Canada’s top 100 higher education institutions.
Q3. Are international applicants eligible for scholarships at the Memorial University of Newfoundland?
Answer- International applicants are eligible for Memorial University of Newfoundland scholarships/awards/grants. Annually, 750 scholarships worth up to $1.5 million are given out. Students with 75% marks or a GPA of 3.5/4 (83%-86%) can qualify for scholarships in Canada.