Table of Contents
TATA Industries is India’s biggest organization. Its founder, Mr. Ratan Tata, made the TATA name reach the top of the list of industries in the world. While moving forward towards better achievements, the TATA industry also works for social causes. Like the TATA Trust, the oldest charitable trust working to provide educational facilities to underprivileged students, TATA Capital Program also introduced TATA Pankh Scholarship.
This scholarship program encourages poor students to pursue higher studies and dream bigger. Here are the details of this scholarship program.
What is the TATA Pankh Scholarship?
This is an initiative by TATA Capital Limited. It is a part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). TATA Pankh Scholarship is an initiative to give underprivileged students a helping hand with their educational expenses. It was started in 2018.
The scholarship applies to every underprivileged student in India. Regardless of their caste or religion, anyone can apply for a scholarship. This scholarship is divided into five parts. These are the levels of education. The TATA Pankh Scholarship is available for the following students-
- Students from class 6th to 10th
- Madhyama pass means students of class 11th and 12th
- Higher Secondary pass out for undergraduate diploma courses
- Undergraduate degree courses like B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, B.BA
- Professional Undergraduate courses like engineering, medical, pharmacy, and law.
TATA Pankh Scholarship gives 80% of the educational fees along with study counseling. For undergraduate professional courses, it provides INR 50,000/- to each student. You can apply for the scholarship online on their official website https://www.tatacapital.com/sustainability/affirmative-action.html
For further information, you can contact 011-430-92248 (Ext- 225) or send an email to email@example.com.
The application process for the scholarship has started for the year 2022-23. The last date for the application is 31st August 2022.
The eligibility criteria
All five levels have the same eligibility criteria. From school education to undergraduate programs, you must fulfill the following criteria to apply for the scholarship.
- The student must be a permanent resident of India.
- The student must have a minimum of 60% in the previous academic exam, like the 5th standard exam for 6th to 10th class scholarship, the 10th standard exam for 11th and 12th class scholarship, and the 12th standard exam for undergraduate scholarship.
- The annual income of the student’s family should be INR 4 lakh or less.
- The student should be studying in a government-recognized institution.
The TATA Pankh Scholarship Awards
This scholarship awards a different amount for each level of education. The scholarship pays 80% of the fees at all levels. The segregation of scholarship awards is as follows-
|1||For class 6th to 10th||9,000/-|
|2||For class 11th and 12th||12,000/-|
Documentation for application
You will need to submit some documents along with the application form. These documents should be in support of the information in your application form. The necessary documents are as follows-
- Bank account details in canceled cheque or passbook copy
- Current academic year fees receipt
- If you are physically challenged, then you need to submit the disability certificate
- Cast certificate
- Income proof in form 16A or income certificate from government authority or salary slip
- Marksheets or grade cards from previous class
- Passport size photograph
- Adhar card or photo ID proof
- Proof of admission in school, college or university ID card or bonafide certificate
The application process
This TATA Pankh Scholarship program has a simple application process. You just need to follow the procedure given below-
- Go to the official website of the TATA Captial Program
- Click on the scholarship section there, and you will see the list of scholarships.
- Choose the TATA Pankh Scholarship program.
- It will redirect you to the registration page, Buddy4Study. It is the official scholarship application platform.
- There, you need to sign in with your academic information.
- After signing in, you need to choose the scholarship program you are eligible for.
- Click on ‘apply now’ and start filling up the application form with necessary details like name, address, academic details, etc.
- Upload the documents mentioned above only in PDF format.
- Check if the information is filled up correctly. Check the terms and conditions and click on submit button given below.
- You will receive an application or registration number to help you track the application.
The selection process
Just like the application process, its selection process is also simple. It follows only three steps.
- The applications are manually checked and verified by the TATA Pankh Scholarship
- There will be a merit-based initial shortlist and then a final list of eligible students
- The selected students in the final list are required to pass a personal interview via telephone.
To check the results of your application, you need to follow the same process as the application. You already have a user ID this time, so you don’t need to sign in again. Just log in via the user ID and password. On the TATA Pankh Scholarship page, click on results. The list of selected students will be there. Check if your name is included.
- TATA Pankh Scholarship program is designed in a way that inspires underprivileged students to pursue a better education for better job profiles.
- The application process for the year 2022-23 has been started, and the last date for it is 31st August 2022.
- You only need to submit the necessary documents to apply for the scholarship. Regardless of your caste or category, you will get the scholarship if shortlisted.
That’s all for the TATA Pankh Scholarship. Hope you found this article useful. Write to us about your suggestions. Click here to read more articles like these.
Liked this blog? Read next: Scholarships in Ireland | Criteria, financial aid, and much more!
Q1. What is the highest-paying scholarship?
Answer – The Gate Cambridge Scholarship pays $210 million to 140 students in a scholarship program.
Q2. How can I get Ratan Tata scholarship?
Answer – You need to apply for it. Go to the official website for Ratan Tata Scholarship and check the application process.
Q3. How many students get the TATA scholarship?
Answer – More than 5,400 students have received the TATA scholarship since 1892.