Table of Contents
Many Indian students dream of studying abroad, and the government helps them accomplish their dreams by providing financial support. If you also have this dream, then keep reading! We have listed some popular Indian government scholarships for studying abroad. Let’s begin!
Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships can be claimed by talented and determined Indian students with relevant work experience. These students need to display significant qualities of leadership, in addition to work experience and academic qualifications.
Here are some facts about this government scholarship for students –
- It is a merit-based and need-based program offered by the United States-India Educational Foundation. Please note that the amount is variable and can be renewed yearly.
- Coverage of accident and sickness costs as per the United States government guidelines. Additionally, this scholarship also funds the round trip economy class fare.
- Students who have completed a degree equivalent to the United States bachelor’s degree are eligible to receive this scholarship. This includes the completion of a four-year bachelor’s program, master’s program, or postgraduate diploma.
Great Wall Program
If you want to pursue higher education in China, then learn about The Great Wall Program. This scholarship can make it happen for you.
There are certain things you need to know about this government scholarship to study abroad. These include –
- First, The costs covered by this scholarship include a regular stipend, medical insurance, accommodation, and tuition fees.
- Second, Students who are less than 45 years of age with a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or equivalent degree can apply for this scholarship.
- Last but not least, this government scholarship program is established by UNESCO for scholars and students seeking sponsorship to conduct research and study in China.
The JN Tata Endowment – Higher Education of Indians
The JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is one of the most popular scholarship programs. This government scholarship for students is applicable if you are seeking higher education in international universities across the world.
- The scholarship amount can range from INR 1,00,000 to INR 10,00,000, depending upon the eligibility criteria met by the student.
- Additionally, scholars can be recommended for a gift scholarship of a value of INR 75,000. Gift scholarships are offered depending upon the student’s academic performance in their university.
- However, you will have to repay the scholarship amount in 20% equal installments. If you are a resident, then repayment can begin between the third and seventh years of your residency. If you start earning before your third year, then you will need to start repaying the government scholarship amount.
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme
The Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships offer students a remarkable opportunity to study in universities in Portugal, France, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States. Therefore, it is one of the most sought-after Indian government scholarships for studying abroad.
However, you need to keep certain things in mind while seeking this government scholarship to study abroad.
- Students who avail of this scholarship get a 50% loan and 50% grant amount.
- Preference is largely given to applications for Master’s programs. However, for short-term programs like certifications and postgraduate diplomas, you might have to look for other scholarship options.
- The selection process for this scholarship program includes the display of consistent academic effort and excellence. Additionally, you need to prove the genuine requirement for financial support to avail of the scholarship.
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship
The Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship program funds researchers working toward climate change-related studies and research. The aim is to accomplish this by promoting the education of technical and scientific research scholars.
- This program is primarily for Indian scholars who possess a Ph.D. qualification from a recognized Indian institution.
- This government scholarship supports Indian researchers who are beginning their careers and require financial resources to sustain their work. But, the work needs to specifically pertain to climate studies and related teaching and research activities.
Besides, this fellowship program is designed to strengthen the relationship between the United States and India. The common goal is to tackle the issue of climate change.
The unique point of the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship is that it is specifically for Indian women. This gives them an incredible opportunity to pursue their higher education at a recognized international university.
If you are thinking of applying for this scholarship, then read some facts about the same.
- This scholarship applies to Masters-level programs in countries such as Europe, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- You should have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in your field of interest.
- Additionally, one of the most important documents to receive the benefits of this government scholarship is proof of current finances.
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme
Provided by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the National Overseas Scholarship is for students from economically backward classes.
- You can apply for this scholarship if you want to pursue Master’s or Ph.D. level programs in Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- This scheme covers a wide range of expenses, including travel and medical insurance.
- Please note that you need to score a minimum of 55% or an equivalent CGPA in your undergraduate program for a Master’s course abroad.
- Choose your scholarship based on your requirements, qualifications, and eligibility criteria. If you want any information on different scholarships, then check out their official websites.
- Additionally, several educational institutions guide students with the government scholarship and visa application processes.
These Indian government scholarships for studying abroad can help you fulfill your study abroad dreams. Remember, you are one step closer to realizing your goals once your scholarship is approved.
Just keep your aspirations high, and you will be able to make the most of this financial support for your studies! Also, if you need any more information on applying for scholarships or studying abroad, then reach out to us!
Q1. What is the duration of the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship?
Answer – The duration of the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship is around 6 to 9 months.
Q2. Do I need to learn the Chinese language to be eligible for the Great Wall Program?
Answer – Yes, you need to show 1 year of training in the Chinese language to be eligible for the Great Wall Program.
Q3. Will the Aga Khan Foundation support my postgraduate diploma education?
Answer – No, the Aga Khan Foundation does not support degrees other than a Master’s degree.