Table of Contents
Keystone College is a private institution in La Plume, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1868, Keystone offers a range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs across various disciplines and pre-professional programs in fields such as medicine and law. With a student population of around 1,400, Keystone College Pennsylvania is committed to providing its students with a personalized and supportive learning environment where they can develop their intellectual, ethical, and social growth. This article will provide an overview of the college’s history, background, programs, and faculty and staff.
Programs and courses
Keystone College offers a wide range of programs and courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, designed to prepare students for successful careers in various fields. Some of the popular programs and courses offered include-
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Resource Management
- Fine Arts
- Sports and Recreation Management
Faculty and staff at Keystone College
Keystone College faculty is diverse, experienced, and fully committed to providing students with a high-quality education and personalized attention. The faculty includes a mix of full-time and adjunct professors, many of whom hold advanced degrees and have significant professional experience in their respective fields.
The faculty and staff at Keystone work closely with students to help them achieve their academic and career goals. They provide one-on-one sessions, enabling students to explore their interests, develop their skills, and navigate the college experience. Additionally, the college has a comprehensive academic support program, offering tutoring, writing assistance, and other resources to help students succeed in their coursework.
Campus life and facilities
Keystone College is located on a picturesque 276-acre campus in La Plume, Pennsylvania, surrounded by rolling hills, forests, and streams. The campus offers a peaceful and scenic environment for students to live, learn, and explore. Some of the highlights of campus life are-
- Student clubs and organizations: Students can join various clubs at Keystone, including but not limited to the Keystone College Programming Activities Board, the Environmental Club, and the Drama Society.
- Sports: Keystone provides a variety of Intramural sports and recreational activities to their students, like basketball, soccer, and hiking.
- Residency: The college has diverse student housing programs to accommodate everyone. Students can choose from on-campus housing to traditional residence halls and apartment-style housing.
- Food: Keystone’s dining services feature a variety of healthy and delicious meal options for their students.
The facilities at Keystone College are designed to support student life and academic success. In addition to the classrooms and labs, the college has a modern library, a fitness center, and a student center with a game room, a computer lab, and a coffee shop. The college also has a beautiful outdoor amphitheater, a working farm, and other unique features that add to the campus experience.
Research and innovation at Keystone College
Keystone is committed to fostering research and innovation among its students and faculty. Here are some key initiatives and programs provided by the college-
- The college has a dedicated Office for Research and Sponsored Programs, which helps students and faculty to identify funding opportunities for research and scholarship.
- Keystone College also hosts an annual Research and Creativity Conference, allowing students to present their research and scholarship to the community.
- The college has several academic programs fostering research and innovation, including environmental science, forensic science, and business.
Here’s a rundown of things you might require while applying for Keystone College-
- High school diploma or equivalent- The first requirement for admission to Keystone is a high school diploma or equivalent. If you don’t have a diploma, you must have earned a General Education Development (GED) certificate or completed a homeschool program that meets state guidelines.
- Official transcripts- You must provide official transcripts from all high schools or colleges attended. If you’re still in high school, you should submit your official transcripts through your high school guidance office.
- Standardized test scores- Keystone accepts either the SAT or ACT scores. The average SAT score of admitted students is 1045, and the average ACT score is 21. You can send your scores directly to the college through its board or ACT.
- Letters of recommendation- While not required, letters of recommendation can help bolster your application. They should be written by teachers, counselors, or other professionals who can attest to your academic abilities and character.
- Personal essay- Keystone requires a personal essay as part of the application process. The essay allows the admissions committee to get to know you better and assess your writing skills. The essay should be well-written and provide insight into who you are as a person and why you want to attend Keystone College.
- Application fee- The application fee for Keystone is $25, which is non-refundable. If the fee presents a financial hardship, you may request a fee waiver.
- Keystone College is a small private liberal arts college that offers a personalized educational experience.
- The college has a rich history dating back to 1868, and its campus is located in a beautiful rural setting.
- Keystone offers various undergraduate and graduate program career opportunities, including business, education, and healthcare.
- The college’s diverse student body allows students to get involved in athletics, clubs, and other extracurricular activities.
- Keystone has partnerships and collaborations with various organizations to provide students with valuable real-world experience and research opportunities.
We hope this blog was helpful. If you have any queries regarding the study abroad application process or need assistance with shortlisting universities, please feel free to reach out to us.
Like this blog? Read next: How to get admission to Oxford
Q1: What programs does Keystone College offer?
Answer: Keystone College offers over 40 undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs in various fields, including arts, sciences, education, and business.
Q2: What is the student-faculty ratio at Keystone College?
Answer: The student-faculty ratio at Keystone is 14:1, ensuring small class sizes and personalized attention for students.
Q3: Does Keystone College offer scholarships?
Answer: Yes, Keystone College offers a range of academic, athletic, and need-based scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students.
Q4: Does Keystone College have a diverse student population?
Answer: Keystone College values diversity and inclusion, and the student body includes students from various backgrounds and cultures.
Q5: What is the campus life at Keystone?
Answer: Keystone College offers a vibrant campus life with various clubs, organizations, and events for students, as well as modern facilities and resources to support student success.